• Last Updated:
  • Dec 20th, 2014 3:02 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
1411 posts
401 upvotes
This HD recorder is good value for the buck. In for my first.
Fraud / Scam / Bad Business Practices (file a complaint) (CLICK HERE FOR LINKS!)

■░▒▓█ BC Liberals = HST! We shall not forget! █▓▒░■
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2001
2566 posts
164 upvotes
Brampton
This doesn't work with regular rogers cable does it? Can't seem to find any pvr's for basic cable.
Deal Guru
Mar 25, 2003
10988 posts
1373 upvotes
Markham
shabby wrote:
Feb 11th, 2014 7:20 pm
This doesn't work with regular rogers cable does it? Can't seem to find any pvr's for basic cable.
Keigotw wrote:
Aug 5th, 2013 6:31 pm
Nope, this is a not a cable box
it is for over the Air only
if it was to work with Rogers cable, at that price, it would be incredible
it does however work with Clear QAM cable channels (with firmware update)
BUT !!! we in Canada always get screwed. There is no Clear QAM in Canada.
Only in USA :mad:
80TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 60TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
40TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
11TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2012 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro / 6TB HP Mediasmart EX 485
May 18, 2003
120 posts
3 upvotes
ppl4golf wrote:
Feb 10th, 2014 2:13 pm
NCIX charges some bogus EHF but $7.
Maybe price match??
I purchased the HW150PVR from NCIX last year and there was $3.50 electronics recycling fee in BC.
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15530 posts
970 upvotes
Has anybody tried a mSD card in a card reader to playback recordings on a phone?

I tried a Kingston 32gb class 10 but it was still too slow (even the timer on the left corner on the Homeworx skipped seconds as it recorded).
Feb 1, 2012
14 posts
1 upvote
MARKHAM
epa wrote:
Mar 11th, 2014 10:40 pm
$30 promotional gift card w/ purchase, ends 3/16
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... 6882576003
Argh !! missed this deal. Will have to keep an eye on this thread for the next one.....

I am looking for a device that can plug into the HW-150PVR as a USB flash drive on one end and attached to my network as a NAS on the other end at the same time so I can create a whole-home-pvr environment.....anyone found such a device ?
I found something close but I think this one only do one connection at a time and cannot handle both USB & Ethernet connection at the same time
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 1JM0FU5416
Nov 13, 2014
8 posts
2 upvotes
London, ON
I've been looking for an ATSC tuner/convertor with either S-video or component video output. Because I want to use this box for what they're actually designed to do - which is to receive OTA ATSC TV broadcasts and convert them to 480i for display on my once very expensive Sony flatscreen tube TV. I have a small flatscreen TV (samsung) that I bought about 5 years ago and depending on where my outside antenna is pointed (here in London Ontario) I can get about 10 channels on the Samsung TV. I have a second-hand cheapo digital convertor (Access HD / DTA 1080 I think). That thing is a piece of crap - it takes 1/2 hour to "warm up" before it can tune into any signals. And it only has composite video output. But at least once it has "warmed up" it can tune into and display the same channels as the Samsung TV when given the same antenna input.

But this HomeWorx 150 is a piece of crap when it comes to being able to actually receive signals. Instead of 10 channels, it can only pick up 3 - and with very poor signal strength. I'm about 1 mile from CFPL transmitter tower, and the Samsung TV can tune that channel without even being connected to an antenna, but this POS Homeworx gets a 3/10 signal strength WITH antenna. I bought this thing at Factory Direct for $60, and it appears to be new (not refurbished). I'm taking it back tommorrow because it's completely useless for what it's primarily designed to do - which is tune into OTA tv channels.
Nov 13, 2014
8 posts
2 upvotes
London, ON
I bought a Homeworx HW150PVR converter yesterday at Factory Direct, and if my unit is typical then these boxes have pathetic tuners in them. Here in London, I can pick up about 10 OTA tv channels with my outdoor antenna connected to an old digital flatscreen TV. But this Homeworx box can only tune in 3 channels with the same antenna feed.

So is pathetic channel reception typical of these units? Am I wasting my time returning it for another one?