Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Newegg

Mediasonic Homeworx HW150PVR ATSC Tuner/Converter and PVR - $34.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 20th, 2014 3:02 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Sep 27, 2006
5969 posts
2754 upvotes
Not so easy there Ma…
juno1st wrote: Awesome device, but some slowness with it
AND the remote layout is weak

I just bet there will be a 2.0 of this which fixes stuff up
-like a Patriot or WDLIVE that records.

Edit: Sept. 09, 2013
New Remote Layout on new batch of HW-150PVR
due to customer's feedback, we changed the layout of the remote (no new button, just new layout)

If your HW-150PVR have serial # HW-150PVR13070001 and UP. it comes with a new remote layout "Timer" beside the "REC", This unit has V8 version of firmware and it contains same fix as V10, so you do not need to flash the firmware on it.

[IMG]http://www.avsforum.com/content/type/61 ... 0/flags/LL[/IMG]
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2005
1000 posts
409 upvotes
St. Catharines ON
willyr wrote: there is also a current $8 coupon code for this pvr available at *********** so you can get it from newegg for even less than $42.99
cemcwxxv75
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2003
4758 posts
130 upvotes
Oakville
WillyR wrote: There is also a current $8 coupon code for this PVR available at *********** so you can get it from newegg for even less than $42.99
Thanks. Bought one to try out.
Jun 28, 2004
506 posts
97 upvotes
gmark2000 wrote: Thanks. Bought one to try out.
Ditto bought one to try as well to make better use of an old LCD
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2005
1293 posts
63 upvotes
one-cheap-guy wrote: cemcwxxv75
Thanks, just used this coupon code successfully at newegg.ca. Final price around $46 including shipping.
Deal Guru
May 23, 2003
10229 posts
1652 upvotes
GTA
Thanks, ordered one. Hopefully the tuner on this thing is better than the one included with one of the cheapo 32" I bought.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2008
1970 posts
563 upvotes
Winnipeg
Sounds like the timer record on this is flaky.

Can analog cable be hooked up to this and be used as a pvr?
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
4772 posts
1561 upvotes
bryan35 wrote: Sounds like the timer record on this is flaky.

Can analog cable be hooked up to this and be used as a pvr?
Did you update to the latest firmware?
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2008
1970 posts
563 upvotes
Winnipeg
Totoriko wrote: Did you update to the latest firmware?
Don't have it. Just reading the reviews. Thinking of getting one if it can be hooked up to analog cable and used as a pvr.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
4772 posts
1561 upvotes
bryan35 wrote: Don't have it. Just reading the reviews. Thinking of getting one if it can be hooked up to analog cable and used as a pvr.
The last firmware fixes timer issues
Mar 8, 2004
879 posts
398 upvotes
Barrie
I have one of these units that i bought back when newegg.ca had it on sale. The built in tuner is better than the one on my Sharp Aquos. I instantly started getting 3 more channels that I previously did not get before. (This was reason alone for me to keep the box)

PVR functionality works, but not as one would expect coming from a Rogers Box. To use pausing live TV, you actually have to turn the feature on first on the channel you're watching for it to start recording live TV. Then you can pause and rewind. If you change the channel then the feature needs to be turned on again. A little annoying but it works.

Recording shows has worked flawlessly for me. Though, i don't use the feature often as I thought I would.

All in all, for the price, its worth every penny. Just not as slick as a Rogers Box or Bell Box.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2004
1041 posts
228 upvotes
Hamilton
Thanks OP! Bought one with promo code (~$46 all in)
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
17147 posts
5655 upvotes
Markham
bryan35 wrote: Don't have it. Just reading the reviews. Thinking of getting one if it can be hooked up to analog cable and used as a pvr.
This box will not work with analog cable
is for Over the air channels Only
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
4772 posts
1561 upvotes
For those who want to be able to record while watching another channel, if your TV has a tuner (most do nowadays), set the Homeworx to LOOP THROUGH in the settings. Connect the ANT OUT to your TV so the signal goes all the way to it. When you are recording on the Homeworx, switch the TV input to watch a different channel.

I've not tried it yet but in theory it should work.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2010
1130 posts
650 upvotes
Greely
Totoriko wrote: For those who want to be able to record while watching another channel, if your TV has a tuner (most do nowadays), set the Homeworx to LOOP THROUGH in the settings. Connect the ANT OUT to your TV so the signal goes all the way to it. When you are recording on the Homeworx, switch the TV input to watch a different channel.
I'm not sure how I'm going to use mine yet - likely connect it to the TV as you suggested.

I play most of my media with a dedicated XBMC box, but I'm not sure if XBMC will support MTS format. I could record OTA shows to a portable hard drive then transcode using Handbrake, but that seems like work.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2003
4758 posts
130 upvotes
Oakville
On its way to Toronto (Ordered Monday):
2013-10-09 00:57:00 Metro Ny Terminal Departed sort facility
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
9135 posts
2092 upvotes
hmm...I think mine will be here within the next hour or 2

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)