• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2019 2:45 pm
Nov 20, 2004
181 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto

MediaTab t5 or Samsung tab a 10.5 lte

Hi

just want to ask for suggestions here... I need an LTE tab for my casual business need (browsing ,email, light work). I was being offered 0$ for either the Huawei MediaTab T5 or the 10.5 Samsung Tab A ( not the 10.1 or the 8in... somehow they can still get be the usual out of stock 10.5)... which one should I get? A little concern with the go forward update I will get from Huawei, and also even though seems to be a better spec but not really popular. TIA
3 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38395 posts
12020 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Between Samsung or Huawei?

No competition, get the Samsung

But, you will be better served with an iPad. Even for the most basic needs.
Nov 20, 2004
181 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
Gee wrote: Between Samsung or Huawei?

No competition, get the Samsung

But, you will be better served with an iPad. Even for the most basic needs.
thanks yeah... technically yes to the iPad but unfortunately the business app that I need to run do not support IOS..and these are the only 2 at 0$ . I am still not quite sure which one have the better spec.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38395 posts
12020 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
bazan wrote: thanks yeah... technically yes to the iPad but unfortunately the business app that I need to run do not support IOS..and these are the only 2 at 0$ . I am still not quite sure which one have the better spec.
If you just want to compare specs. The Samsung is better in every way. The T5 maybe slightly faster on 4 cores. But the Samsung has a bigger battery, more RAM and storage (compared to base model T5).

The screen size is larger on the Samsung and smaller on the T5 but the tablet dimensions are smaller on the Samsung. Better camera on the Samsung too

Samsung is the clear winner. Here is the side by side comparison

https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?i ... hone2=9263