• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2017 12:17 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3980 posts
1146 upvotes

Mediative Performance paid Posters?

I have been posting here for quite some time.

I do know some people have a passion for particular things. Some may even defend a company over it.

But there are instances where a post comes off strange.

Perhaps I am over thinking this, but does Mediative have posters promoting brands on this site?

If the answer is "YES" should those posters be labeled as Mediative employees?

To everyone: do you think posters who are paid for brand awareness posts should be allowed?

I think that this ok and to be expected in today's orld. However, I do wish that such posters were indicated to the public.
4 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3980 posts
1146 upvotes
I am more looking for confirmation of the practice.

Again, I understand that brands want to maintain an image in social media (which includes RFD).

Perhaps YP does not want the individual posters labeled. Can we can get a general response on whether there may be sponsored posters?
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8581 posts
12927 upvotes
Scarborough
If there are any I am completely unaware of it. Are you asking because you suspect someone to be one? Send me a PM with some usernames and I can look more into it.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3980 posts
1146 upvotes
Well, I suspect a couple.

Seeing as this is a YP owned site, I thought perhaps Mediative would engage in this practice here.

I have wondered if user playnicee1 (memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=520664) is some sort of compensated poster.

I am more interested in knowing if Yellow Media/Yellow Pages/Mediative PErformance is utilizing RFD Forums for brand awareness campaigns.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8581 posts
12927 upvotes
Scarborough
That user to the best of my knowledge is not a YP employee. If they are they're going to great lengths to conceal that fact.

While I'm not aware of everything that goes on at Mediative, if we (RFD) learned about this practice we would put a stop to it.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].