• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2019 10:00 pm
[OP]
Feb 15, 2015
42 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Medical Plan - Sole Proprietor business

I would like to know if I can claim a medical Benefits Plan as a Sole Proprietor business.

If so could any one recomend a plan that would be the best for 2 people.

Thank you
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
5038 posts
272 upvotes
Markham
you cannot directly claim as an expense

in your scenario, best bet would be a cost plus plan like brock health...which is a PHSP

there are limitations for sole proprietors in terms of amounts that can be claimed, but for a sole propr is the best way to go.
[OP]
Feb 15, 2015
42 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Adeel, thank you for your response, I just checked into this , I found a CBC review on plans and I don’t fall within theCRS scope as I do t have additional employees.
I will need to get a regular plan.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
5038 posts
272 upvotes
Markham
frostygirl wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 11:51 am
Adeel, thank you for your response, I just checked into this , I found a CBC review on plans and I don’t fall within theCRS scope as I do t have additional employees.
im not sure what CBC review you are discussing, but typically you should be eliigible for cost plus plans - id encourage you to visit brockhealth (Im most familiar with them having used them previously) - they have a section for sole proprietors, including those with no employees
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2004
8011 posts
1301 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
frostygirl wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 11:51 am
I've been using Brock Health for 10 years as a sole proprietor with no employees. Might want to check their site out (or any of the other PHSP places) for details. There are limits to the amount you can claim as a sole proprietor.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)