Meditation practice thread

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2017 9:19 pm
[OP]
Jul 20, 2016
18 posts
6 upvotes

Meditation practice thread

Are you into meditation? Tell us about what you practice and how it's going. Take a few moments to let your friends here know what life is like for you right now, on and off the cushion. What's going well? What are the rough spots? What are you learning? Ask for advice, offer advice, vent your feelings, or just discuss the practice in general.
7 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11024 posts
1523 upvotes
City of Vancouver
What is meditation?
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11024 posts
1523 upvotes
City of Vancouver
How hypnotic!
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2315 posts
149 upvotes
Types of Meditation - An Overview of 23 Mediation Techniques
Ok, so you know that meditation has dozens of benefits, and everybody is doing it. You look for information online or on a bookstore, and see that there are a LOT of different ways of doing meditation, dozens of meditation techniques, and some conflicting information. You wonder which way is best for you.

This article will help you navigate the sea of different practices of seated meditation, briefly explaining each of them, and pointing to further resources. There are literally hundreds – if not thousands – of types of meditation, so here I will explore only the most popular ones.

You can also check my walking meditation guide, for more dynamic meditation techniques. Or, if you already have some experience with meditation, you might enjoy reading about the meditation experiments I was doing while writing this post.
A nice read for anyone who's interested in knowing what meditation is all about. :) I'm a fan.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11024 posts
1523 upvotes
City of Vancouver
I noticed that when a negative event happens in my day, it can have the power to make me depressed. Is this a reason why people use meditation, so that they can stop thinking about and replaying negative topics?
Deal Addict
May 14, 2009
4524 posts
247 upvotes
People use meditation for various reasons. Try a Google search and you will find lots of info about what it is and how it can be applied.