None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2008
3161 posts
531 upvotes
GTA

Meelectronic warranty

So last black friday i bought the meelec ear buds. They are still covered under the one year warranty. Recently a small part broke due to over usage rendering the buds very uncomfortable and they constantly fall out but otherwise work. So i contacted meelec and they told me they want me to cut the ear bud cable and send photo of my ear buds severed with a paper with my name and date. This to me is very weird as on their website under warranty policies it states they don't cover headphone cable defects. I'm kinda worried that once I do this they will blame the severed cable instead of the original problem and deny me replacement. Mind you there's 10 days left in my 1 yr warranty. Just wondering if anyone replaced anything with them before and did they have to cut their cable?
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 12, 2007
6050 posts
728 upvotes
Greely
I used their warranty last year. Cable let go right by the mic and I sent them a picture of the damage. They asked me which tips I was using and asked me to send in just the headphones. They sent me back a replacement set. It was one of the easiest RMAs I've ever done.

I would just follow their instructions as odd as they sound. They shouldn't leave you hanging.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
1818 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
This is old but they asked me to do the same thing and then they sent me a replacement (sans tips and without retail packaging, just the earphones themselves). They want to make sure the earphones are actually no longer able to be used instead of having to return them via mail.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
21280 posts
2104 upvotes
jarko wrote:
Nov 13th, 2013 6:45 pm
So last black friday i bought the meelec ear buds. They are still covered under the one year warranty. Recently a small part broke due to over usage rendering the buds very uncomfortable and they constantly fall out but otherwise work. So i contacted meelec and they told me they want me to cut the ear bud cable and send photo of my ear buds severed with a paper with my name and date. This to me is very weird as on their website under warranty policies it states they don't cover headphone cable defects. I'm kinda worried that once I do this they will blame the severed cable instead of the original problem and deny me replacement. Mind you there's 10 days left in my 1 yr warranty. Just wondering if anyone replaced anything with them before and did they have to cut their cable?
Paranoid much? No company is going to tell you to damage it, with documentation, then deny your claim. Do as they say.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2003
1377 posts
73 upvotes
Woodbridge
I had ordered earbuds from them but one of the earbuds didn't work right away. I went through the RMA process and sent them the damaged earbuds and got new ones back. Probably one of the better companies to deal with.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2009
2345 posts
153 upvotes
I've had nothing but GOOD experience with meelectronics.. I have 4-5 earphones from them. Two malfunctioned with the mic when I was on a long vacation in Asia and I still contacted them over email. They got back to me very quickly and simply told me to cut the cable to the earphones and send them a pic and they will send me replacements. They do this probably to make sure you're not keeping the old ones and getting a free replacement and also save me shipping them the earphones.

The rep ended up telling me that they will replace one of my earphones with a higher model since I wasn't happy with the quality. They mailed me both earphones to Asia for free and no questions asked.
Jan 29, 2013
137 posts
18 upvotes
Ottawa
I am about to take part in their warranty program. How long did it take you guys to receive your new head phones with their cheapest shipping?
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
1818 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
hierkommtalex1 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2014 12:34 pm
I am about to take part in their warranty program. How long did it take you guys to receive your new head phones with their cheapest shipping?
Normal shipping times as if you bought it. For me, maybe 1-2 weeks?

They ship it out soon after you end the pic.