• Aug 2nd, 2015 6:54 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1501 upvotes
Montreal
spiderman6 wrote: now i am lost. is DA at CT for 42$ a good deal for a regular car polishing business? i am not a serious car enthusiast.
No. Save your money.
Aug 23, 2010
168 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
spiderman6 wrote: now i am lost. is DA at CT for 42$ a good deal for a regular car polishing business? i am not a serious car enthusiast.
unless you want pro results, it's good enough. I watched a few videos online on how to polish, end result with the DA was smooth surface with almost all swirls removed. I would go for it, no need to blow $150+ for the other polishers. Note that a battery drill will probably not have enough juice, you need a high rpm corded power drill.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2012
1172 posts
203 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
almost bought then left behind. guys at CT (port union/kingston) could not confirm if spare pads r available other than the one comes with a little bottle of polisher/wax. reps r not knowledgeable at all.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2003
7813 posts
852 upvotes
Vancouver
Buy a Shurehold Dual Action polisher and do it right, with a lot better results. I have one for our 27ft boat and cars, works wonders, it is flat out awesome , get some Pro Polish and Buff magic and you are good to go.
http://shurhold.com/
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2002
1885 posts
711 upvotes
Toronto
FWIW, Partsource has the Meguiar's DA System on sale for $45 this week. It's in the first page of the Ontario flyer:

http://partsource.shoplocal.com/v3/inde ... re/2652770

PM with Canadian Tire to get $5 CT money!
How I try to save money: Koodo Mobile $29 30GB LTE / Teksavvy rCable $68 150 / Freephoneline $0 / No TV! / Flipp
How I try to make money: Amex Cobalt / GCR / Rakuten / TopCashback / Wealthsimple Mastercard / EQ Bank Mastercard
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2008
1580 posts
289 upvotes
jswift79 wrote: nah. those are the same orbitals that Canadian Tire and Princess Auto sell. (Simoniz and Power Fist)
I read that it does not have much power, If I am planning to use my hand to apply the collinite wax, will this not help to do that job(with ease)?
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2008
1375 posts
283 upvotes
Mississauga
busybe wrote: I read that it does not have much power, If I am planning to use my hand to apply the collinite wax, will this not help to do that job(with ease)?
u can spread by hand. the idea is to go thin, so the wax can come off easily. i never used collinite before. i might pick up a bottle in the fall

i applied Menzerna Power Lock by hand on the roof and bumpers by hand. the thick areas took some work to wipe off. i did all the other panels with a PC and black pad and the PC spread the sealant thin for easy removal
Mar 4, 2013
671 posts
533 upvotes
I second getting a real polisher. I got a used porter cable that looks brand new for $100. Never looked back. You can use all kinds of different pads and in different sizes.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2008
1580 posts
289 upvotes
cjottawa wrote: I don't know where you live but if you're in Ottawa, I'm selling one of these, a 10" Random Orbital. ("Wen" brand; similar/same as Simoniz)

If all you're doing is applying wax, no problem. If you intend to use a compound or polish, go with a 6" "dual-action" polisher as a 10" orbital isn't the right tool.
thanks, however, i am in GTA
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12807 posts
3837 upvotes
--
neverhaveiever wrote: I should also mention, the Portal Cable is highly talked about too, in the lower priced tier (more expensive than the HF one though):
http://adamspolishes.com/shop/specials/ ... 424xp.html - $149.99
It is also on Amazon.com for $117.99 currently.
I have the PC7424. Great polisher, I need new pads for it and will polish the hell out of my jeep then wax by hand or with the black pads I think it is

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)