[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
1734 posts
307 upvotes
Edmonton

Memory Express is coming to Vancouver!

Summer 2010

NCIX should fight back by coming here to Calgary. Anyways more competition is always a good thing for us.

http://www.memoryexpress.com/
11 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
2916 posts
405 upvotes
Alberta
Lame.. the bigger they get I feel the less likely they'll continue their excellent PM policy.

I wish they carried more selection.
May 16, 2004
483 posts
88 upvotes
over their
They are going directly after NCIX!!! They put BCOM out of business in Edmonton and now it's NCIX turn. Have you noticed they are getting a lot of listing here in the past month?

They may not put NCIX out of business; but they will take a big chunk of their business.

ARE YOU LISTENING NCIX??? WAKE UP!!!
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
1218 posts
65 upvotes
Vancouver
serve NCIX right.
them and their crappy services.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2007
5408 posts
642 upvotes
Calgary
I still remember the first time I bought from Memroy Express, they have one little beat-up store in Calgary beside all the beat-up auto shops. Bought a Pentium MMX 200MHz from them.
Nov 5, 2007
103 posts
23 upvotes
Calgary
free shipping over $39 is enough to beat NCIX
Mar 12, 2007
394 posts
40 upvotes
Vancouver has enough computer stores! We need them in Red Deer! :D
Apr 12, 2010
6 posts
Vancouver
When I lived in Edmonton I'd still wait until I was in Van to buy from NCIX. Even with shipping, it was rare that Memory Express would be beating their prices. Competition is good, but I wouldn't call this a market-changer.
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2008
3451 posts
449 upvotes
Good for them. I love Memory Express. I bought my first DVD Burner from them when they only had that 1 store in Calgary. Have bought countless items since then.

NCIX might be slightly cheaper than them, but not by the time you count in shipping. So it was always a nice local option.
Nov 2, 2007
293 posts
42 upvotes
mucat wrote:
Jul 7th, 2010 3:12 pm
I still remember the first time I bought from Memroy Express, they have one little beat-up store in Calgary beside all the beat-up auto shops. Bought a Pentium MMX 200MHz from them.
Hahah, that's awesome. Same thing here, I bought a DX-4 100 486 CPU from them, probably in the same "warehouse" location. At the time, there were computer parts everywhere and and nothing cam in an anti-static bag unless you asked.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2005
2805 posts
202 upvotes
GVR
They had a decent sale a month or two ago. Nice to see more competition over here.
My Heatware - My Heatware