Expired Hot Deals

[Memory Express] Seasonic Focus Plus 1000 80+ Gold Modular Power Supply, 1000W $199.99 - $30 MIR = $169.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2019 3:59 pm
[OP]
Oct 13, 2012
790 posts
1174 upvotes

[Memory Express] Seasonic Focus Plus 1000 80+ Gold Modular Power Supply, 1000W $199.99 - $30 MIR = $169.99

Any thoughts?

Seasonic Focus Plus 1000 80+ Gold Modular Power Supply, 1000W
Part # SSR-1000FX

Designed to deliver up to 1000W of total output power to your PC, the FOCUS 1000W 80 PLUS® Gold ATX 12V Power Supply comes with 6 PCI-E connectors, 10 SATA connectors, 3 four-pin peripheral connectors, and a single floppy connector, in addition to its standard motherboard and CPU connectors.
Certified 80 Plus® Gold with 90% efficiency at 50% system load, the FOCUS 1000W 80 PLUS® Gold ATX 12V Power Supply boasts a multi-GPU setup and tight voltage regulation. An embedded 120mm fan with fluid dynamic bearings is designed for quiet operation, optimized heat dissipation, and a longer life span compared to ball bearing fans. The fan's Fanless, Silent, and Cooling modes can be customized with a rear switch that disables the Fanless setting.

The 140mm-deep FOCUS 1000W 80 PLUS® Gold power supply has a fully modular design, meaning each its cables can be attached or removed depending on your PC's power needs. In addition, a cable-free connection between the PSU's back panel and printed circuit board (PCB) is designed to boost output power quality while also lowering the possibility of production errors.

1000W +12 V Rails
80 PLUS Gold certified
Highly reliable 105°C Aluminum Electrolytic capacitors
Seasonic Hybrid Silent Fan Control
S3FC - Fanless until 30% load
120mm Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) cooling fan
Tight voltage regulation
Cable-free connection design
Multi-GPU technology support
Fully modular cabling design
Flat black cables
Compact size - 140mm deep
Over-Current Protection (OCP), Over-Power Protection (OPP), Over-Temperature Protection (OTP), Over-Voltage Protection (OVP), Short-Circuit Protection (SCP), Under-Voltage Protection (UVP)

Features

80 PLUS® Gold

Seasonic engineers have created a brand new product line based on advanced technology emanating from many years of intensive active research. The result of this development is the solid FOCUS+ Series, which implements modern design and shows outstanding electrical performance. This power supply is small and entirely modular, which will be hard to resist. It is available in 80 PLUS® Platinum and Gold efficiency ratings.

The FOCUS PLUS Gold Series achieves 80 PLUS® Gold certification with its 90 % efficiency at 50% system load.

Cable-free Connection Design

Seasonic's engineers have implemented a new design feature, where instead of cables; the back panel and the PCB (Printed Circuit Board) are connected by a copper plate. This breakthrough solution not only lowers the chance of production errors during manual insertion but it also improves output power quality.

Hybrid Silent Fan Control

The industry's first, Seasonic patented, advanced three-phased thermal control achieves optimal between silence and cooling. This Hybrid Silent Fan Control functions in three operational stages: Fanless Mode, Silent Mode, and Cooling Mode.

Reduced noise without increase in temperature
Extended fan life due to the reduced number of fan rotations
Optimized heat dissipation at all times
Unsurpassed silent performance in Fanless Mode

Additionally, there is a switch at the back of the power supply which allows users to customize their cooling needs by selecting between the Seasonic S2FC (fan control without Fanless Mode) and the S3FC (fan control including Fanless Mode).

The Fan Control Button

The fan control button can be found on the back of the back of the FOCUS PLUS power supply, next to the power switch. The image here illustrates how to select different fan control modes to suit your need.

DO NOT press the button if you wish to include the Fanless Mode, which means the fan in the power supply will not spin when the power supply is under light loads. Press the button if you wish to have the fan spin at all times, even at lower loads.

Fully Modular Cables

In Seasonic's patented design feature full modularity comes hand-in-hand with the extensive use of SMD technology to increase the overall performance and reliability of this power supply. The simple and inventive layout scheme helps to attain unsurpassed quality and performance, where efficiency is further enhanced by minimized line resistance, reduced voltage drop and lower impedance. Reduced component count and better space utilization facilitate optimal air flow inside the case and promote heat dissipation, proper cooling and ultimately longer product life.

Fluid Dynamic Fan Bearing

High performance Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) fans are designed to take advantage of the impact absorbance effects of oil. They are extremely reliable and generate considerably less operating noise and heat than ball bearing fans. The lubrication of the bearing surface reduces friction and vibration and therefore lowers overall power consumption. Due to the effortless, quieter rotations and its robust construction, this reliable fan technology also greatly increases the lifespan of the fan.

How It Works

When the fan shaft rotates, high pressure oil drifts along the grooves of the bearing sleeve to generate a thin layer of lubrication between the bearing faces. As the speed increases, so does dynamic oil pressure and the shaft is lifted from the bearing to create smooth, effortless rotations. The herringbone shape of the groves helps to efficiently channel the lubricant and avert leakage.

105°C Japanese Capacitor

Premium quality Japanese capacitors with 105°C rating increase overall reliability and extend product life.

Ample +12 V Output

Enhanced +12 V current capability broadens utilization possibilities.

Multi-GPU Setup

Our power supplies are equipped with 6-pin and 8-pin PCI-E connectors to support all GPU platforms.

10-year Warranty

This product is also covered by an exceptional 10 Year Manufacturer Limited Warranty.

feature

Protection Designs

Over current protection (OCP)
Over power protection (OPP)
Over temperature protection (OTP)
Over voltage protection (OVP)
Short circuit protection (SCP)
Under-voltage protection (UVP)

Additional Information

Learn more from the Manufacturer's Datasheet
Specifications
Product 1000W 80 Plus Gold Power Supply Unit
Part Number SSR-1000FX
Form Factor Intel® ATX 12V

Input
Input Voltage 100 ~ 240 VAC
Input Frequency Range 50 ~ 60 Hz
Input Current 6.5~13A
Efficiency ~90% @ 50% load

Output
Maximum Load
Voltage +3.3V +5V +12V1 -12V +5Vsb
Current 25A 25A 83A 0.3A 3A
Combined Wattage 125W 996W 3.6W 15W
Total Wattage 1000W @ 40° C
Total Combined Output 1000W

80 PLUS® 80 Plus Gold
Power Factor Correction Active PFC up to 99%
Protection Over current protection (OCP)
Over power protection (OPP)
Over temperature protection (OTP)
Over voltage protection (OVP)
Short circuit protection (SCP)
Under-voltage protection (UVP)

Cooling 1 x 120mm Fluid Dynamic Bearing fan
Noise Level N/A
MTBF (Fan) 50,000 hours at 40°C, 15%~65% R.H.
Power Good Signal N/A
Hold Up Time N/A
Active PFC Yes

Connectors 1 x Motherboard 20+4 Pin connector
2 x CPU 12V 4+4 Pin connectors
6 x PCI-e 6+2 Pin connectors
10 x SATA connectors
5 x 4-Pin Peripheral connectors
1 x 4-Pin Floppy connector
Modular Cable Type Yes, Fully modular

MTBF 100,000 hours @ 25°C

Operating Temperature 0~50 °C (derating from 100% to 80% from 40 °C to 50 °C)

Safety Approvals cTUVus, TUV, CB, CCC, BSMI, EAC, CE
Compliance Energy Star, RoHS, WEEE, ErP Lot 6, REACH

Dimensions (WxLxH) 140 x 150 x 86 mm
Weight N/A
Package Contents

Seasonic Focus Plus 1000 80+ Gold 1000W Modular Power Supply
Power Cables
Cable Ties
User's Manual
7 replies
Dec 4, 2007
76 posts
42 upvotes
Great power supply but price wise, ME had it for 169.99 a few months ago and 30$ rebate on top making it 139$ or 170ish after taxes and shipping, still a great power supply though
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2007
3001 posts
1250 upvotes
Stay away from this PSU. I have two of these and they both failed within a year.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2011
4862 posts
1223 upvotes
Good old MIR scam...
[OP]
Oct 13, 2012
790 posts
1174 upvotes
anhtuan wrote:
Sep 24th, 2019 3:23 pm
Stay away from this PSU. I have two of these and they both failed within a year.
There are a few negative reviews regarding the failure of these specific PSU model from "Turned it on and it worked for 2 hours. Blew out for now reason and I had to purchase a new Motherboard and Processor. " to "I purchased the item eagerly awaiting this upgrade, only to be extremely disappointed. The power supply did not work, I promptly put my old 750w Corsair power supply in, plugged it all back together and my computer fired right back up, with no issues. I guess I have to try another brand and wait several more days for another power supply to arrive. So very disappointing, I was hoping this brand wouldn't let me down." Sorry to hear that the PSUs failed. Perhaps you were unlucky.
Last edited by Freebush on Sep 24th, 2019 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Oct 13, 2012
790 posts
1174 upvotes
Coz4k wrote:
Sep 24th, 2019 3:36 pm
Good old MIR scam...
What can you expect? Quite a few products require MIR. I've received 95% of my MIRs.
Jan 19, 2008
415 posts
209 upvotes
Waste of money unless you are running a triple gpu setup. Seems like companies are stuck with a lot of high wattage PSU's.