None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2007
2066 posts
327 upvotes
Ottawa

Memory Express sent me an open box

I just received my Sapphire 7970 from ME, but I found that the seal is broken, someone must have opened it.
Anyone had similar experience?

I am going to ask them to send a brand new one by express tmr......
5 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2011
4395 posts
567 upvotes
Airbus wrote:
Apr 25th, 2012 8:12 pm
I just received my Sapphire 7970 from ME, but I found that the seal is broken, someone must have opened it.
Anyone had similar experience?

I am going to ask them to send a brand new one by express tmr......

Never happened.

I would personally check is there is fingerprints on the card or anything inside etc. and if it looks ok i wouldnt care.

But you are in your full right to ask for another one.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2011
1745 posts
437 upvotes
Coz4k wrote:
Apr 25th, 2012 8:16 pm
Never happened.

I would personally check is there is fingerprints on the card or anything inside etc. and if it looks ok i wouldnt care.

But you are in your full right to ask for another one.

Ask for a new one, if they refuse, return it.
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24044 posts
4127 upvotes
Toronto
Seal on the box, or the seal on the anti-static bag of the card, or both?? Unless the sticker or tape holding the bag with your card was opened, or any of the accessories went missing then I don't think you should worry. Is the seal cut on the box or there was never a seal? Anyways it's more hassle exchanging it than it's worth.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
43366 posts
3061 upvotes
Toronto
Fantaz wrote:
Apr 26th, 2012 3:45 am
Seal on the box, or the seal on the anti-static bag of the card, or both?? Unless the sticker or tape holding the bag with your card was opened, or any of the accessories went missing then I don't think you should worry. Is the seal cut on the box or there was never a seal? Anyways it's more hassle exchanging it than it's worth.

+1 If the seal on the static bag of your GPU Isn't opened then I would keep It despite the box being opened.

Doing these returns/exchanges are such a hassle IMO.
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2003
6400 posts
149 upvotes
I know they open or remove shrink wrap on some stuff to put inventory stickers on the boxes. Its a pretty dumb practice, but you can see the memory express barcode on some of the stuff they sell
× < >