Computers & Electronics

Memory Stick Pro Duo (BEWARE OF FAKES - READ if u plan to buy a mspd)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 7th, 2008 12:46 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
1499 posts
260 upvotes
Markham
mike.. check the text at the back.. the text should be carved into the plastic.. not just printed..

from the looks of the package.. i think it should be real.. just have to check the card to be sure..

u know those ppl.. changing the package to imitate real ones isnt that hard

Andy
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2002
3161 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
wow didn't know there will be fakes out there

Do you have any links that can backup what you are saying?

Thanks
Feb 27, 2005
373 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
andyyuen wrote:mike.. check the text at the back.. the text should be carved into the plastic.. not just printed..

from the looks of the package.. i think it should be real.. just have to check the card to be sure..

u know those ppl.. changing the package to imitate real ones isnt that hard

Andy

the writing on the back more pertudes out rather than engraved in, it definetly isnt jus printed on
Thanks,
Mike
Jan 1, 2004
142 posts
Toronto
If you package has this red "PSP Corresponding(Corresponding in Japanese)" mark(The genuine one should be in English and with small fonts), it's fake MSPD.

By the way, there is no fake Sandisk MSPD in market right now.
Feb 27, 2005
373 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
mines not sony, but it has a yellow sticker at the top red part inside the packaging at say "PSP Compatible"
Thanks,
Mike
Dec 20, 2003
844 posts
2 upvotes
the guy is notjoking around, when u go buy memmory cards in china or HK there are always 2 kind the genuine and the fake. The fake usually works but it may fail after a while, and with slower speed.
Feb 27, 2005
373 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
i noticed at all the photos of the blue sandisk card has this symbol on all the photos but not on the card
Thanks,
Mike
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
1499 posts
260 upvotes
Markham
picture number 1 - this was the complain picture i sent to seller

- here... #1 , card was the 1gb sony highspeed pro duo that i got from [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78]ebay[/rfdlink], as you can see, the gold foil does not align, and there are "holes" that doesn't all align at the top

#2-4 are REAL cards, 2,4 from sandisk, #3 from my sony PSP when i bought it.. as you can see, the color of the foil is already different AND #3 perfectly aligh to the top, and the black colour and txt colour is slightly off between #1 and #3

picture #2 - an example of a FAKE 1gb card from sandisk u notice the position of where the memory stick is placed(comparison to picture #3)

picture #3 - an example of a REAL 1gb pro duo from SANDISK
note the comparison from #2 above

picture #4 and #5 - FAKE SONY packaging

as of now i still haven't found a REAL sony highspeed package picture.. but i went to sony store @ scarborough town center, and it is NOT like that
the real ones look something more like #6
even then i don't know if this is real or fake.. but at least the package looks exactly the same as the sony store ones

here is the proof CKO64
shove it
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2005
1434 posts
64 upvotes
Calgary
I've got a Sony memory stick pro duo 1gb for 100 if anyone is interested. dont worry, it's not a fake.. inspect it, test it.. do whatever u want. I'll also accept a trade for a motorola hs850 headset
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
1499 posts
260 upvotes
Markham
well in terms of the japanese mark on the package.. i am not sure about that one..
the ones in japan might ahve that and it might be real..

but 99% of the fake ones doesn't include the adaptor in the packaging and say it is a FREE addon on the side... so... if u see that.. then it is given that it is fake...

i have seen real package from japan that has the jap mark and the adaptor inside

so.. ya...
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2002
3161 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
So no adaptor inside the packaging means it's a fake?
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
1499 posts
260 upvotes
Markham
i don't know.... i can't say 100% ...

but the ones @ sony store all have it
soooo....

u decide
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2005
3739 posts