• Last Updated:
  • Oct 10th, 2011 8:05 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 4, 2009
26 posts

Men Only Gyms?

There seems to be a good amount of female only workout gyms or at least a female only area in the gym.

Why not for men? For some of the same reasons that women use to justify all-female areas and organizations, (privacy, freedom from feeling self-conscious in the company of the opposite sex, the feeling that you can talk and behave in a way that you wouldn't in the company of the opposite sex, etc.)

Does anyone know of such a gym that exists? Preferably in Mississauga
First Class Contracting Inc. Painting - Flooring - Bath & Kitchen - Basement
41 replies
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1714 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
I think there are a number of temples in Mississauga where the sexes are segregated and there is a lot of bending, rocking, etc. Kind of like a unisex workout class. :)

Personally I'd only go to a fitness club if there were lots of healthy girls also present. Something to keep your mind occupied while you workout. Too bad they like to keep the guys out!
12 months for condemning rape. 6 months for calling violent thugs "nasty". WTH? Is this IS?
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
3736 posts
128 upvotes
op, are you a homosexual? just wondering..not that theres anything wrong with that.

But if you aren't then what kind of straight man doesn't want to look at girls working out.
[OP]
Feb 4, 2009
26 posts
Nope not a homosexual. Simply just wanted to know if there were such gyms available for the reasons stated in the original post
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
1049 posts
124 upvotes
I've often asked that question myself. Are there Men's-only gyms? And the question I always ask after that is.......why?? ;)
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2006
1683 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
There was a men only gym called Steamworks that was being advertised on the subway a couple years ago. We had a chuckle at some of the content on the posters, even though it's an acceptable alternative lifestyle and blah blah blah...
Deal Fanatic
Sep 5, 2002
6618 posts
939 upvotes
Are you looking for a gym like a spa/health-club or a power-lifting type place?
[OP]
Feb 4, 2009
26 posts
^^ Power lifting. Preferably in Mississauga too, I know of at least a dozen guys who are interested in this as well, but its just not available
Aug 10, 2007
389 posts
3 upvotes
Canada
Really OP no one at the gym stares at you or pokes fun, everyone is there to do their own thing women included. I'm guilty of staring at the women though :(
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
2522 posts
84 upvotes
arawas wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2009 12:18 am
Does anyone know of such a gym that exists? Preferably in Mississauga
Yeah they are usually next to the male only Sauna's, good luck and let us know how it works out.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10455 posts
1970 upvotes
storch wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2009 11:52 pm
Really OP no one at the gym stares at you or pokes fun, everyone is there to do their own thing women included.
I thought that until I worked out with a male friend one day. I am female. He was making inappropriate comments about the woman running in front of us on the treadmill. I now work out in the female section of my gym.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 12, 2003
7793 posts
36 upvotes
maybe he doesn't want the 'distractions' ;) ;)
× < >