Fashion & Beauty

Are men puffy coats still considered "in"?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2006 5:10 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
7777 posts
948 upvotes
Toronto
I like North Face stuff quite a bit, too bad they make it everyone's business you're wearing their stuff.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
2894 posts
334 upvotes
GTA
they're in... but i personally hate puffy jackets...

i prefer the wool/ cashmere jackets...

look more professional and don't add bulk to you
Oct 1, 2006
853 posts
4 upvotes
yeah the downfilled bomber jackets are still in i guess and theyre so warm.. :D
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
7777 posts
948 upvotes
Toronto
OMG someone give that model a sandwich.
Deal Expert
Oct 10, 2006
22205 posts
137 upvotes
Victoria
frogger wrote: OMG someone give that model a sandwich.
They sucked the 'puffy' out of both the jacket and him
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2002
2507 posts
1867 upvotes
Toronto
xiLLeNtz wrote: guys i recently purchased 1 of the most awesome jackets ever, BAHAHAHAH

i think its personal opinion; im more into fitted clothing
Nice jacket, who makes it?
20 Years of 100% Positive Feedback

EBAY / HEATWARE / RFD
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2005
9916 posts
28 upvotes
Unless that jacket has over 50G of Thermacore insulation...you're going to be freezing your ass off :lol:
In Every Heart Red Strength, Our Hearts Are Many, Our Strength Your Envy
Feb 28, 2002
557 posts
5 upvotes
GTA
I've had a nice big puffy Michelin man down jacket for ~4yrs now, and its a colourful blue/yellow one. Granted its not fitted(hence the Michelin look) however when I'm walking to/from work in frigid temperatures the last thing I think about is how fashionable I look.

Although I like to find a balance between fashion & function, during winter 'functional' is not something I am able to compromise on one bit!!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 28, 2005
6409 posts
59 upvotes
I have an Eddie Bauer Goretex, it's so damn warm. I also have a Columbia Titanium. No offence but im not out flirting with girls or give a crap about my appearance in -ve weather. I gotta sit in my car all day and it gets freeeezing after 8 hours or so.
-
Mar 15, 2006
639 posts
27 upvotes
I've first started seeing the fur-lined hooded jackets about 5 years ago. I've had mine for awhile now, but it's the flat black parka style, not michelin tire which just looks dumb.

It's similar to this that I bought at Tristan & America:

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/ ... 5_31667518

But I usually wear my double-breasted peacoat from H&M. Honestly, you can wear that thing in -20 degree weather it's so thick, much thicker than my old coat from Le Chateau. I was really surprised by the quality of it, not something you would expect for $150.
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2004
15218 posts
4405 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
I thought an elastic waist was a prerequisite for a bomber.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13811 posts
2516 upvotes
TheOP lives in Vancouver. There's no real need for a super warm jacket unless skiing is involved.

As for that black Northface jacket, there are sooooo many guys in Vancouver with a jacket that looks like that. I mean, they've had about 5 yrs to work on it. I'm embarrassed that this city is so lame. My brother told me that China makes fake North Face summit series jackets and that there's no such thing as summit series. Is this true?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52937 posts
18146 upvotes
ONTARIO
Fragle wrote: I've had a nice big puffy Michelin man down jacket for ~4yrs now, and its a colourful blue/yellow one. Granted its not fitted(hence the Michelin look) however when I'm walking to/from work in frigid temperatures the last thing I think about is how fashionable I look.

Although I like to find a balance between fashion & function, during winter 'functional' is not something I am able to compromise on one bit!!
i know what you mean..
what i did was modify my leather jacket.... I cut up a thick fleece sweater and turned it into a zip in liner...
whenever i wear that during cold temperatures it would always be with a Heavy Hoody or Sweater.

bUt to keep warm it isnt all about the jacket.
Your legs, head and hands lose alot of heat. so a good toque, gloves, and long johns helps alot.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
3630 posts
4 upvotes
frogger wrote: I like North Face stuff quite a bit, too bad they make it everyone's business you're wearing their stuff.
My freiend got rid of that problem- he bought a patch and put it over the brand logos on his jacket...so now his (north face) jacket is a Russian Space agency jacket! looks much cooler :)

you can find many cool patches in stores thesedays!
This user has no signature! :| :| :|

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)