[MenEssentials.ca] 40% off closing sale

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2018 10:24 pm
Aug 7, 2011
561 posts
113 upvotes
nabil1122 wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 2:34 pm
Safety Razors are 100 for $16 on amazon. Each will easily last you more than a week, depending on how often you shave and how tolerant you are to pain. lol. No need to sharpen, just throw out the old one and pop in a new one.
A cheap double edge safety razor will run you <$20. I'd recommend Merkur, there are some cheap chinese options but tbh a good razor will result in less nicks and its a one time purchase.
A good badger hair brush and shaving soap will be <20 each. The brush + soap creates an amazing foam that you'll never get from shaving gel. You'll need the brush to work up the soap. The soap is almost like hard soap, will last you more than a year.

The razor is easy to use. It looks intimidating but I learned from youtube videos, you get the hang of it after a day or two. After a week or so you wont even have to think about it, and itll be one of decisions you make for a small daily routine.
How's this? https://www.amazon.ca/WEISHI-Nostalgic- ... B00VYA0SU2
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2003
14353 posts
104 upvotes
Mississauga
I have been buyin my disposables from Dorco in the states form about 8 years. Its $35CAD shipped for a handle and 10 6-blade cartridges.
Nice thing about Dorco is all their cartridges and handles are interchangeable. Unlike Schick and Gillete,
everytime they come out with a new razor, you need a new handle. I have drawers of old shaving handles.

Dorco came out with a 7 blade cartridge, if I want to try it, I don't have to buy a new handle.

If you're heard of the Buck-a-shave club in the US, this is where they buy their razors.

Dorco Combo packs
Heatware 47-0

"Giving money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
Jul 22, 2012
328 posts
23 upvotes
Maple
everything is sold out BS if you ask me
Aug 7, 2011
561 posts
113 upvotes
nabil1122 wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 3:56 pm
this will do fine, from the sound of the reviews, its not very aggressive, so less cuts.Plus i like heavy handles , and it comes with a few blades to try it out. I say go for it.
Awesome, thanks. Got it for $20 with minutes left in the lightening deal.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6194 posts
1952 upvotes
Canada
No wonder they went out of business, it's not a beer store.
Jan 27, 2007
425 posts
102 upvotes
Richmond Hill
1theguy1 wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 4:18 pm
Awesome, thanks. Got it for $20 with minutes left in the lightening deal.
Nice. If you like the shave, id recommend getting a badger hair brush and soap next. The brushes dont play that well with gel creams but with a solid soap, youve got a shaving spa going on!
something like this.
https://www.amazon.ca/Badger-Shaving-SK ... op?ie=UTF8
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2008
3983 posts
317 upvotes
Scarborough
TorontoBrit wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 12:27 pm
I've been using a safety razor for a few years now, it's not hard to use but highly recommend learning how to use it. Straight edge razor I've never tried as I've heard a few stories of people ending up in the ER.

For a trial run I'd recommend a shavette
I'm still learning, but on my first attempt (parker sr1) I didn't have too many nicks, just gotta be patient Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b
Feb 13, 2009
396 posts
55 upvotes
nabil1122 wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 2:34 pm

Safety Razors are 100 for $16 on amazon. Each will easily last you more than a week, depending on how often you shave and how tolerant you are to pain. lol. No need to sharpen, just throw out the old one and pop in a new one.
A cheap double edge safety razor will run you <$20. I'd recommend Merkur, there are some cheap chinese options but tbh a good razor will result in less nicks and its a one time purchase.
A good badger hair brush and shaving soap will be <20 each. The brush + soap creates an amazing foam that you'll never get from shaving gel. You'll need the brush to work up the soap. The soap is almost like hard soap, will last you more than a year.

The razor is easy to use. It looks intimidating but I learned from youtube videos, you get the hang of it after a day or two. After a week or so you wont even have to think about it, and itll be one of decisions you make for a small daily routine.
Good advice.
I'd love to find a 'good' badger brush for under $20 though.....unless you're talking aliexpress. :)
Dec 13, 2016
8 posts
3 upvotes
Alliston
Was able to find some nice stuff, and enough for free shipping. Thanks OP!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2004
9371 posts
3580 upvotes
Oil Country
Pottertons wrote:
Feb 18th, 2018 12:10 pm
Good advice.
I'd love to find a 'good' badger brush for under $20 though.....unless you're talking aliexpress. :)
They probably sell "badger" brushes with rat hair.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2004
9371 posts
3580 upvotes
Oil Country
nabil1122 wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 4:45 pm
Nice. If you like the shave, id recommend getting a badger hair brush and soap next. The brushes dont play that well with gel creams but with a solid soap, youve got a shaving spa going on!
something like this.
https://www.amazon.ca/Badger-Shaving-SK ... op?ie=UTF8
Pottertons wrote:
Feb 18th, 2018 12:10 pm
Good advice.
BTW, Men Essentials had a Kent badger brush on sale for 50% off bringing the price down to $60 (regular $120). With the discount code, it worked out to $36. I ended up snagging two of them. One for myself, and one for my dad.
Aug 23, 2013
806 posts
212 upvotes
Scarborough
Sad that they are closing as it was great being able to go to their store and use the tests products.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2008
2077 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone picked up their items in store? No one picks up and no details... Went there for nothing when my order is completed..
Eat, Sleep & Breathe RFD!! :twisted:
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2008
3983 posts
317 upvotes
Scarborough
asdisme wrote:
Feb 21st, 2018 3:09 pm
Anyone picked up their items in store? No one picks up and no details... Went there for nothing when my order is completed..
I thought the physical store was closed already? So just online/shipping option?
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b