Merkur 23C 3-Piece Double Edge Safety Razor $21.75

Deal Link:
Price:
$21.75
Savings:
50% off
Retailer:
MenEssentials
Firstly I would like to thank Dash1 for the amazon thread that made me look into this amazon-ca-merkur-3-piece-double-edge-sa ... 6-2148461/
and chucksam for mentioning that menessentials also had it on sale.

I went to buy from menessentials as amazon was out of stock (and price went back up). When I was checking out I realized the price had just changed to $43.50. I then emailed menessentials and asked if they would honor the sale price. To my great surprise, they sent me a code to knock off 50% of the price. Unfortunately it was just above the sale price of $21, and since it's a code I couldn't use the new customer 10% off, but I'm not going to complain.. ordered 2 and 100 pack of blades ($13 for 100 blades) for free shipping.
Blades link here: https://www.menessentials.ca/products/r ... s-100-pack

They replied to my initial request in no time, great customer service.

Discount code MK23C

Also 4% back on ebates.
Last edited by jasonb22 on Nov 28th, 2017 12:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
43 replies
[OP]
Mar 23, 2006
76 posts
102 upvotes
David at MenEssentials said I could share the discount code, so no longer YMMV.
Feb 8, 2011
451 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
Can you add it to the post? There it is, thanks
[OP]
Mar 23, 2006
76 posts
102 upvotes
Masernaut wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 12:55 pm
OP - why the affiliate link on the blades?
I honestly don't know, clicked on the link in my browser and posted it. Can you know who the affiliate is? I'm certainly getting nothing out of it!
[OP]
Mar 23, 2006
76 posts
102 upvotes
Masernaut wrote:
Tried again, went to menessentials.com, searched for the products and the same links came up. Don't know how else I would post it... is that why I'm getting downvotes? If anyone can let me know how to post otherwise I will gladly do so!
Nov 25, 2015
21 posts
16 upvotes
Simcoe, ON
Does anyone shave their heads with these rasors?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
1304 posts
308 upvotes
Hmm I wonder if the $6.72 shipping kills the deal or not. Takes it up to about $30. I won't be having the time to get over to their only danforth store for pickup.
Dec 8, 2008
113 posts
20 upvotes
Ottawa
That's just it. With the extra razors and the shipping it's $40 I still have a shoebox of the disposable Dorco brand (thanks rfd) But this does look like a great razor, I'll bit once someone figures out how to keep the free shipping and the discount code lol
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26907 posts
6398 upvotes
GTHA
Masernaut wrote:
jasonb22 wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 1:29 pm
I honestly don't know, clicked on the link in my browser and posted it. Can you know who the affiliate is? I'm certainly getting nothing out of it!
Redflagdeals automatically inserts affiliate links. They do this to keep this forum running.

@Shaner could confirm this.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
2430 posts
613 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Why do people use this kind of razor?
I thought it is allowed in carry on luggage when flying, because it is called safety razor. However, I am apparently wrong. It is not allowed.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2011
1458 posts
341 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 3:48 pm
I thought it is allowed in carry on luggage when flying, because it is called safety razor. However, I am apparently wrong. It is not allowed.
Cheaper to use in the long run and, IMHO, it shaves 100x better than a Mach 3 (or whatever number of blades they're at now).
Mar 1, 2012
302 posts
103 upvotes
tk1000 wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 3:36 pm

Redflagdeals automatically inserts affiliate links. They do this to keep this forum running.

@Shaner could confirm this.
Thanks. Did not know this!
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 3:48 pm
I switched to DE a few years back in China since the razor themselves were so cheap. I haven't looked back. Gillette Fusion was what I solely used to shave - but the cartridges are so expensive and there's always some new gimmicky addition every few months. DE blades are cheap - and they're sharp. You apply little to no pressure and the hair comes right off - just one pass over the skin and it's clear.

I spend less time shaving; I have less nicks and post-shave rashes; I spend less money; and the experience is more enjoyable.

You can take the DE razor on a flight - but you cannot take it with the blade placed inside. Toss the blade, take the razor and new blades separately, and you're good.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

iakov