[MenEssentials] Merkur 23C 3-Piece Double Edge Safety Razor $21.75

Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
2419 posts
613 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Masernaut wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 4:24 pm
......take the razor and new blades separately, and you're good.
I thought you are not allowed to bring the new blades in carry on to the flight. Isnt the blade more dangerous that the cartridge?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Mar 13, 2017
135 posts
96 upvotes
Dang it! I just bought a boatload of stuff from Fendrihan!
Just a day late :S

Anyway, first time to the DE shaving world - so it is what it is.
Mar 1, 2012
298 posts
103 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 4:42 pm
I thought you are not allowed to bring the new blades in carry on to the flight. Isnt the blade more dangerous that the cartridge?
Honestly, I've flown in and out of Canada and multiple other countries around the world and never had a problem. And this is while I've had the blade already placed inside the razor. I've only had one issue at the airport and that was in Hong Kong (which is strange, because I've flown through here half a dozen times and never had this issue). When passing my carry-on through security, I was asked if I had any blades - and I told the security I did. Security told me the blade cannot go through - I took it out, they wrapped it and threw it away and I went through without any other issue.
Mar 13, 2017
135 posts
96 upvotes
Masernaut wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 7:41 pm
Honestly, I've flown in and out of Canada and multiple other countries around the world and never had a problem. And this is while I've had the blade already placed inside the razor. I've only had one issue at the airport and that was in Hong Kong (which is strange, because I've flown through here half a dozen times and never had this issue). When passing my carry-on through security, I was asked if I had any blades - and I told the security I did. Security told me the blade cannot go through - I took it out, they wrapped it and threw it away and I went through without any other issue.
I imagine these blades are easily available anywhere you go really and considering how cheap they are, probably little reason to carry them on a flight.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
2419 posts
613 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Masernaut wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 7:41 pm
To avoid needing to find a place to buy the blade in an unknown place, I guess I will just bring disposable razor and call it a day.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
[OP]
Mar 23, 2006
73 posts
101 upvotes
Received my razor yesterday, tried it out this morning... love it!
Sep 26, 2015
5 posts
Winnipeg, MB
Planning on buying this shortly. Any recommendations for a specific brush/soap to go along with it?

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2010
4107 posts
718 upvotes
Toronto
does the razor come with one blade?
Zoomer Customer EST Oct '14 (PM for questions)
Koodo TBD
Aug 29, 2004
379 posts
61 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 3:48 pm
I thought it is allowed in carry on luggage when flying, because it is called safety razor.
Good one!
[OP]
Mar 23, 2006
73 posts
101 upvotes
Doyvidlah wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 6:17 pm
Planning on buying this shortly. Any recommendations for a specific brush/soap to go along with it?

Thanks!
I just used regular shaving cream, seemed to work good. I would also like to know if others have had better results with the brush.
[OP]
Mar 23, 2006
73 posts
101 upvotes
Gotoff wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 7:13 pm
does the razor come with one blade?
No, Just the razor, no blade included.
Nov 27, 2003
707 posts
148 upvotes
Think I'll finally take the plunge. Added to Christmas list :)

Thanks OP!