• Dec 6th, 2018 3:24 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
6876 posts
693 upvotes
Toronto

Meraki MR11 looking for good home

Anybody know anyone running a licensed Meraki (now owned by Cisco) wi-fi network looking for another access point? I'd hate to dump this piece of kit as anybody who knows Meraki knows that they are well built, robust and durable. I've tried to sell it in the past for a nominal amount and have looked into flashing it but no dice.

Just to be clear: I was hoping to see this go somewhere usual than just giving it away to a random person. This is why I didn't post it in the Free forum.
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
6230 posts
786 upvotes
Toronto
I will take the meerkat
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
4485 posts
586 upvotes
Montreal
Is this bought? Mine expired after 3 Years.
Phils
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
6876 posts
693 upvotes
Toronto
Phils wrote:
Nov 29th, 2018 6:56 am
Is this bought? Mine expired after 3 Years.
Honestly I don't remember if this was purchased or one of the ones they used to give industry people for attending their seminars. It is legit and was used by a client until they decided they didn't want to pay the licence fee (for the cloud based management system) any longer. Somebody who has an existing Meraki network and needs another AP might be interested. If not, it's going into the e-waste.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
6876 posts
693 upvotes
Toronto
I found a Cisco-Meraki Community forum and posted there. Product was end-of-life'd in 2012 and end-of-support in 2017 so it can't re used as it is a cloud-managed router.

Just another reason why to avoid stuff that is cloud-managed only.