• Nov 19th, 2018 11:20 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1201 upvotes
Sauga

Mercedes-Benz questions and answers

This thread is for M-B product questions and answers. Please keep the following rule in mind:
Retailers and other businesses are allowed to participate on the forums to provide support to users as long as they clearly identify themselves and pursue no commercial activity whatsoever. This prohibition includes private messages. Businesses can answer support questions or provide product information, but cannot offer prices or quotes even when specifically asked for them.
(Please note: I am not associated with Mercedes-Benz in any way. I started this thread back when I was a moderator, as an Official M-B Q&A thread. If you have any questions, just post them in this thread.)
2001 replies
Penalty Box
May 16, 2006
3774 posts
271 upvotes
Hey RFD,

I've always gotten a bunch of PMs asking me about the programs/rates available, so I thought it'd be in all our best interest for me to provide them to you without having to go through the expense of ordering a CCC/APA report. While I will not be providing the invoice price on each vehicle as that's accessible through CCC/APA, I will tell you ahead of time there's a 9% gross on all vehicles.

August 2010 Programs/Rates

[IMG]http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/2389/2010aug.jpg[/IMG]

August 2011 Programs/Rates

[IMG]http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/3350/2011aug.jpg[/IMG]

FAQ:

What Mercedes-Benz do RFDers inquire about most? B200/B200T

Will you sell me a car for invoice? NO

BMW has a 48 month lease term, does MBF offer that? YES, as of October the 48th term is back with a subsidized rate.

Do I have to do service at the dealership? NO, although while recommended If you do not value the use of a loaner vehicle or shuttle service I'd highly recommend Mike (NO AFFILIATION) at http://www.oakridgeauto.com/ in Oakville.

Can you lower the interest rate or raise the residual? NO, The interest rate and residual is set by MBF, the only way to lower the interest rate is if you're a current MBF client, which will reduce the rate by you 0.005.

How much can I save on a demo, are they considered used or new vehicles? On demos you can save literally nothing or in the thousands, it depends on how many write downs are on the vehicle, the key to saving a considerable amount is to find one that's been on the road for at least a few months. Demos are considered new vehicles, so on top of the available write downs, you will receive the subsidized rate, and whatever programs are available.

Do I need to come to the dealership to complete the deal if I'm outside the GTA NO, we can do everything through email and fax, I don't mind doing deliveries at a place of your choice if you're unable to come to the dealer during business hours.

Can I go on a test drive alone? YES...unless its an AMG.

How long do factory orders take? 2-4 months, give or take.

Advertised rates, click here - Thanks AGR-1

Christian
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
31146 posts
5889 upvotes
Ottawa
CatDog wrote:
Jul 8th, 2010 10:53 am
Updated!
Christian, your credentials please. An enthusiast? Are you a sales person at a dealership? A service person at a dealership? What dealership? Folks who come on generally supply this info (afretes - Audi sales, for instance)
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2127 posts
145 upvotes
Pete_Coach wrote:
Jul 8th, 2010 12:12 pm
Christian, your credentials please. An enthusiast? Are you a sales person at a dealership? A service person at a dealership? What dealership? Folks who come on generally supply this info (afretes - Audi sales, for instance)

he's a salesperson at the Mississauga MB dealership

thanks Christian for the info! so essentially MB has decrease the cash purchase discount of the 2010 C class, use to be $1000 right?
Penalty Box
May 16, 2006
3774 posts
271 upvotes
Forgive any typos, I'm on a BB atm.

As Rabbit said, I do B2B/retail sales and marketing at MB Mississauga Pete, I assumed it was common knowledge in this section, my mistake. Although I do consider myself a real enthusiast, I don't treat each deal like its a piece of realestate, I genuinely enjoy MB vehicles (Porsche and BMW too).

The $1k cash incentive hasn't been available for sometime now, it only makes sense at this point to finance given the subsidized rate, though at least $750 is there for those who prefer cash.

Christian
Sep 10, 2009
86 posts
Toronto
CatDog wrote:
Jul 6th, 2010 4:51 pm
Hey RFD,

Can you lower the interest rate or raise the residual? NO, The interest rate and residual is set by MBF, the only way to lower the interest rate is if you're a current MBF client, which will reduce the rate by you 0.005.

Christian
Christian,

Are you allowed to post the residuals the way you've posted the rates?
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
31146 posts
5889 upvotes
Ottawa
CatDog wrote:
Jul 8th, 2010 1:48 pm
Forgive any typos, I'm on a BB atm.

As Rabbit said, I do B2B/retail sales and marketing at MB Mississauga Pete, I assumed it was common knowledge in this section, my mistake. Although I do consider myself a real enthusiast, I don't treat each deal like its a piece of realestate, I genuinely enjoy MB vehicles (Porsche and BMW too).

The $1k cash incentive hasn't been available for sometime now, it only makes sense at this point to finance given the subsidized rate.

Christian
Christian, I have read a number of your posts and even asked before so, I apologize if I missed the one that informed us. Good to know. My lease is up soon and I don't know what next. I loved my Bimmer, really like my C Class but maybe a Passat CC next? The Porsche is just too difficult for an old guy like me to get in and out of :lol:
Penalty Box
May 16, 2006
3774 posts
271 upvotes
wrote:Christian,

Are you allowed to post the residuals the way you've posted the rates?
A couple things come to mind here, that really get in the way of me doing so outside of any politics.

A combination of the rates/programs and residuals would be great from POV as it'll allow them to calculate how much they'll be paying for their ideal car. The problem is, most likely their ideal car doesn't exist unless they go the route of a factory order which in that case the residual, rate, and programs are unknown until delivery.

Another problem I face is the residuals I have access to are only based on 24km yearly allowances, which aren't that helpful because the majority of people find 18km/year sufficient.
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
11524 posts
1440 upvotes
so i can test drive a S550 by myself but the SA has to come along if im testing C63?
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
11524 posts
1440 upvotes
does owning a smart allow you to get the loyalty discount?
Sep 30, 2001
27178 posts
6169 upvotes
Toronto
Do you also handle customers looking for certified MBs?
Don't talk about it, be about it
Deal Addict
May 7, 2008
1061 posts
1 upvote
Another problem I face is the residuals I have access to are only based on 24km yearly allowances, which aren't that helpful because the majority of people find 18km/year sufficient.

The residual for 24,000 = X

The residual for 18,000 = X + ?

The residual for 12,000 = X +?

The residual for over 24,000 = X - ?

Your current offers are here...Click

The configurator does not calculate a lease payment?
Penalty Box
May 16, 2006
3774 posts
271 upvotes
wrote:The residual for 24,000 = X

The residual for 18,000 = X + ?

The residual for 12,000 = X +?

The residual for over 24,000 = X - ?
The residuals are different depending on each Class, and then within each Class sometimes its different based off of the trim. The residual information and all other financial information is listed on the quote I provide. It is a lot more efficient and helpful for me to email someone a quote based off of a car that exists, then for me to go through every possible configuration, listing the residuals.
Your current offers are here...Click
Those are all based off of the information I provided above, in combination with a down payment of 10% of a base vehicle. This is why, I stress an actual quote sheet based off of inventory that exists is much more helpful. Good link though, I'll edit the first post and include it, thanks!
wrote:The configurator does not calculate a lease payment?
Seems like they removed that feature online, once again, I have no problem emailing you one.