• Oct 22nd, 2019 6:45 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2005
1025 posts
30 upvotes
AllanL118 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 1:08 pm
Hi Booblehead,

I’m wondering if you can do some quick calculations for the remaining 2018 GLE400 and 2019 GLC300? I would say 45 months 18,000kms.

I’m currently leasing a 2016 C300 ending soon.

I’m wondering since it’s JAN (should be a very slow month for car sales), would there be better promos? Especially since there are a lot of GLE 2018 remains and it is due for a redesign.

Thanks!
I'm in the exact same boat as you...not sure what to do next after the C300...I hear the 2020 GLEs are coming in April...not sure I want to spend that much on a GLE...perhaps a 2018 GLE be cheaper?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
24552 posts
9465 upvotes
Toronto
2018 GLE 400 - say base + prem + night pkg - MSRP $74,200

45 months
18,000km
2.9% - 1% loyalty = 1.9% adjusted
44% residual (as per mb.ca)
$2000 factory credit
say 7% discount
est. $3200 fees
$0 down
No protection plan selected
No prepaid maint plan selected
No added items (locks, mats, etc.)

Projected monthly - $916 + taxes = OTR
Due on delivery - first + security + license admin fee + gas

Note: MB London is selling off their 2018 GLE inventories with a min. of $7,000 off MSRP (400 & 43 trim), therefore, for a $75,000 car, you would be looking at negotiating for around 10% off (grand total) discount from your local dealers as your base point, anything below this benchmark would not be acceptable, IMO. If you can get more, then it's a pretty decent deal.

2019 GLE 400 - say base + prem + night pkg - MSRP $75,200

45 months
18,000km
46% residual (as per mb.ca)
$1500 factory credit
say 5.5% discount
est. $3200 fees
$0 down

Projected monthly - $933 + taxes = OTR

Last note: If you don't mind of saving of a bit more $ of getting a demo/loaner/employee driven, corporate owned stores in Ontario do tend to waive off the freight/pdi fee which would save you another $2600 range on top.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2005
1025 posts
30 upvotes
booblehead wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 5:41 pm
2018 GLE 400 - say base + prem + night pkg - MSRP $74,200

45 months
18,000km
44% residual (as per mb.ca)
$2000 factory credit
say 7% discount
est. $3200 fees
$0 down

Projected monthly - $916 + taxes = OTR

Note: MB London is selling off their 2018 GLE inventories with a min. of $7,000 off MSRP (400 & 43 trim), therefore, for a $75,000 car, you would be looking at negotiating for around 10% off (grand total) discount from your local dealers as your base point, anything below this benchmark would not be acceptable, IMO. If you can get more, then it's a pretty decent deal.

2019 GLE 400 - say base + prem + night pkg - MSRP $75,200

45 months
18,000km
46% residual (as per mb.ca)
$1500 factory credit
say 5.5% discount
est. $3200 fees
$0 down

Projected monthly - $933 + taxes = OTR

Last note: If you don't mind of saving of a bit more $ of getting a demo/loaner/employee driven, corporate owned stores in Ontario do tend to waive off the freight/pdi fee which would save you another $2600 range on top.
Do you work for a dealership?
Jan 4, 2019
2 posts
Hi Bobblehead,

What do you recommend for a second set of rims/tires? The dealership options are very pricey - is there a better alternative?

Thanks!
Jan 4, 2019
1 posts
Hi Booblehead,
Help! I need your opinion on what could be a good deal for leasing 45 months with $0 downpayment, fees rolled in, 18,000 per year MB2019 GLC300 $47,300 plus the following configuration- Premium $4500 and premium plus package $2700, IDP intelligent drive package $2700, heated reat seats $550? It is my first experience of leasing. What should i mention at the time of negotiation? Million thanks!
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
24552 posts
9465 upvotes
Toronto
bolkun wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 11:23 pm
Hi Booblehead,
Help! I need your opinion on what could be a good deal for leasing 45 months with $0 downpayment, fees rolled in, 18,000 per year MB2019 GLC300 $47,300 plus the following configuration- Premium $4500 and premium plus package $2700, IDP intelligent drive package $2700, heated reat seats $550? It is my first experience of leasing. What should i mention at the time of negotiation? Million thanks!
19 GLC300 with the said options - MSRP $57,750

45 months
3.9%
48% residual (as per MB.ca)
18,000km per
$3,050 fees rolled into payment (freight/pdi + ac tax + dealer admin fee + ppsa)
$0 down

No protection plan selected (if you need this, then it would be around $1500 range I believe, to cover for any excess wear & tear of the car so you would not be charged upon at end of term)

$1000 factory credit in Jan
say 5% dealer side discount ($57750 x 5% = $2887.50)
> grand total discount = $3887.50

Projected monthly - $786.25 + taxes = OTR
Due on delivery - first month + security deposit + fuel (around $80) + license admin fee (around $30) + new plate & sticker (if required)

Note: You have missed out the December factory promo in which 3 months of payment credits were given, capped to $550 (taxes included) or $1650. This translates to about $36.67 lost credit over 45 months term (in your example).

Suggestion on negotiation. Simply indicate the car you are looking for with the desired color & options and then request dealer to provide the current factory credit plus your desired discount which would be in the 4 - 6% range (as being doable) and then inform dealer to have the mentioned fees (which should be around the $3,050 range) to be rolled into monthly lease payment, plus you are to put $0 down on the lease and length of term (incl. desired mileage allowance). Have the dealer print out the draft offer sheet and review the numbers, line by line so that you fully understand what is being presented to the sales manager to review.

If sales manager approves the offer, then your sales associate will ask you if you need any protection plan and prepaid maintenance plan. If you say no, then your SA would gather up all the information and prepare the official paper work for the intent to lease agreement in which you will be asked for a small deposit for the confirmation of the deal. This deposit will then be deducted from the due from delivery amount on the day of you picking up the car.

Lastly, if your dealer does not want to even offer you a 5% dealer side discount, I highly suggest you to visit other MB dealers in your local region/area to see who will do a deal.
Last edited by booblehead on Jan 6th, 2019 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
24552 posts
9465 upvotes
Toronto
mercowner wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 12:35 pm
Hi Bobblehead,

What do you recommend for a second set of rims/tires? The dealership options are very pricey - is there a better alternative?

Thanks!
If you are looking for winter set, then your local tire shops should be able to recommend what tires & aftermarket wheels to you based on your budget. The next alternative would be to look up kijiji to see if any current/past owners have theirs put up for sale. The disadvantage of doing this would be potential unseen/hidden damage to the wheels which would cause wheel structural integrity safety (major) or wheel vibration (minor) due to hitting the curb, lost of wheel weights and uneven tire wear over time.

My suggestion is to look for a new set from your local shop if you are keeping the car for 3-4 yrs time.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2005
1025 posts
30 upvotes
booblehead wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 8:29 am
19 GLC300 with the said options - MSRP $57,750

45 months
3.9%
48% residual (as per MB.ca)
18,000km per
$3,050 fees rolled into payment (freight/pdi + ac tax + dealer admin fee + ppsa)
$0 down

No protection plan selected (if you need this, then it would be around $1500 range I believe, to cover for any excess wear & tear of the car so you would not be charged upon at end of term)

$1000 factory credit in Jan
say 5% dealer side discount ($57750 x 5% = $2887.50)
> grand total discount = $3887.50

Projected monthly - $786.25 + taxes = OTR
Due on delivery - first month + security deposit + fuel (around $80) + license admin fee (around $30) + new plate & sticker (if required)

Note: You have missed out the December factory promo in which 3 months of payment credits were given, capped to $550 (taxes included) or $1650. This translates to about $36.67 lost credit over 45 months term (in your example).

Suggestion on negotiation. Simply indicate the car you are looking for with the desired color & options and then request dealer to provide the current factory credit plus your desired discount which would be in the 4 - 6% range (as being doable) and then inform dealer to have the mentioned fees (which should be around the $3,050 range) to be rolled into monthly lease payment, plus you are to put $0 down on the lease and length of term (incl. desired mileage allowance). Have the dealer print out the draft offer sheet and review the numbers, line by line so that you fully understand what is being presented to the sales manager to review.

If sales manager approves the offer, then your sales associate will ask you if you need any protection plan and prepaid maintenance plan. If you say no, then your SA would gather up all the information and prepare the official paper work for the intent to lease agreement in which you will be asked for a small deposit for the confirmation of the deal. This deposit will then be deducted from the due from delivery amount on the day of you picking up the car.

Lastly, if your dealer does not want to even offer you a 5% dealer side discount, I highly suggest you to visit other MB dealers in your local region/area to see who will do a deal.
Was anyone able to get 6% to 8% off a 2019 GLC?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
24552 posts
9465 upvotes
Toronto
for that example, you are looking at 6.73% grand total discount off, which is probably a pretty decent discount off at this moment. Again, if you want to aim for higher, you just have to be a very good negotiator.

also note, since you missed out the 3 months waived payment bonus of $1650, that would be equivalent to another 2.5% approx. in discount, therefore, technically, if you have bought in December using the said scenario, you would have gotten around 9.23% grand total discount off.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
2446 posts
2408 upvotes
If someone has a better file hosting site, let me know.

I absolutely detest the imbalance of power between dealer and clients, so I'm going to start posting this, every single month for as long as I have access to it.

You're welcome. This is sent to all dealers across Canada at the beginning of every month. :)

https://ufile.io/tqntk

On a side note: FU Mercedes for your useless mechanics who don't even follow the WIS when repairing (my) cars. My anger towards this brand is now being taken out by providing potential customers info you don't want me to provide. MB 0, new customers 1. :)
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2014
1123 posts
426 upvotes
Anyone else see the new 2020 CLA? It looks........awful, in my opinion. The front end is pretty nice, but the rear end on this is just atrocious and poorly proportioned. Maybe it's just me.

Nov 8, 2017
119 posts
35 upvotes
If I have a fleet discount as part of a professional group, would that be on top of of any dealer % discount? For instance, should I negotiate say 6% dealer discount + factory credit + fleet rebate?
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
4273 posts
1904 upvotes
Toronto
theoneman101 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 10:58 am
If I have a fleet discount as part of a professional group, would that be on top of of any dealer % discount? For instance, should I negotiate say 6% dealer discount + factory credit + fleet rebate?
Yes. Be sure to mention it after the negotiation.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2007
1937 posts
33 upvotes
Has anyone cross shop the C43 AMG vs the E400 coupe (I think they are roughly the same price range) and what was your reason choosing one over the other?

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 1 guest)

booblehead, shaihamz, Hellfire