• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2005 2:44 pm
Tags:
None
Apr 4, 2004
489 posts
11 upvotes
Oakville
gilboman wrote:MB usually use C class as loaners either the C230sedan or C230 hatchback coupe. If MB and Lexus (ones i have first hand experience with) can give their customers loaners/rentals for service i dont see why cant your dealership as well. I dont want to wait around a hour for my car nor deal with hassle of getting them to drop me off and pick me up. With lexus i usually just drop off the car the nite b4, get the loaner and return it when my car is ready the next day. or if i'm real lazy i ask them to drive the loaner to my house and for them to take my car away.
Actually I've personally had an E320, as well as an ML320 as a loaner (as well as a handful of C230's -hatchback, and C320's Sedan/wagon).

I don't think they'd come to my house (I live in Oakville, I take the car to Downtown MB).
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2005
2986 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver
MB in Vancouver doesnt give you a loaner after warranty (you have to pay for it if you want one) and they never drop the loaner at your house. Lexus and BMW in Vancouver brings loaner to your door. I've never been to Lexus or BMW dealer except when I bought the cars, in fact, their agent came to my house with the car for me to test drive. Audi gives you a free loaner but also don't come to your door.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2003
2714 posts
161 upvotes
Toronto
Most dealerships dont' give loaners unless the vehicle has to stay in overnight. If it's just an oilchange they all have shuttel service, heck even my Mazda dealer does it.

And when u do get a loaner, whenever we bring our BMW in, it's a rented vehicle from Enterprise, not even a 3 series.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2004
3395 posts
10 upvotes
Just because people can't afford something, or they are jealous of something, they all tend to bash it. That's why sports players, expensive cars, and rich businessman are always hated. A MB interior similar to a Camry? You gotta be kidding me.

If MB was a worse car than Toyotas and Hondas, then MB would not be able to sell any cars. Of course your paying a premium on a BMW, MB or Audi for having the logo on your car, but some people have the money to buy that logo and decide to.
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
572 upvotes
blizzah wrote:Just because people can't afford something, or they are jealous of something, they all tend to bash it. That's why sports players, expensive cars, and rich businessman are always hated. A MB interior similar to a Camry? You gotta be kidding me.

If MB was a worse car than Toyotas and Hondas, then MB would not be able to sell any cars. Of course your paying a premium on a BMW, MB or Audi for having the logo on your car, but some people have the money to buy that logo and decide to.
a [rfdlink=http://forums.redflagdeals.com/autolink ... ?linkid=64]bose[/rfdlink] is your dream sound system then isnt it?

Have you seen a MB C class or previous SLK class interior? it is much worse than a camry/accord. Yes people can buy the logo if they choose to, but at the sametime know that you have a much inferior car in every aspect than a car that costs about half as much and you pay so much more for your car b/c of the badge. Dont go delude yourself into thinking the acutal car is better than those that costs half as much. But to a lot of people who dont care or dont know any better, they dont mind paying a 30% premium just for a MB badge when a much better car but with a different badge can be had for much less.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2005
2986 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver
http://money.cnn.com/2004/11/08/pf/auto ... liability/

Lonely Soldier Boy posted this in another thread about how bad VW's are, scroll down and you can see VW's aren't too bad compared to Mercedes. LOL.

Least reliable sedans includes: MB S-CLASS, MB E-CLASS, MB C-CLASS. OMG ins't that their whole lineup of sedans?

MB steals the show with 3 of the top 6 least reliable sedans!

...their Engineers having too many beers on the job?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 25, 2003
9294 posts
415 upvotes
pandaharo wrote:http://money.cnn.com/2004/11/08/pf/auto ... liability/

Lonely Soldier Boy posted this in another thread about how bad VW's are, scroll down and you can see VW's aren't too bad compared to Mercedes. LOL.

Least reliable sedans includes: MB S-CLASS, MB E-CLASS, MB C-CLASS. OMG ins't that their whole lineup of sedans?

MB steals the show with 3 of the top 6 least reliable sedans!

...their Engineers having too many beers on the job?
Woot, they only have the C-Class V6 in there, our C-Class is an i6 ('97 C280) :D
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2003
7931 posts
48 upvotes
Burnaby
we all know that the ML320 sux
cause its made in the states

as for their sedan line up, are S really that bad?
im wondering how the 2005 S500 is

i know some E series from 2002+ are having their shares of the problems

but S is the flagship car and shouldnt be that unreliable
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
572 upvotes
Dd_anon wrote:Wow...I just realised that so many people hate MB.
Personally, I have a 03 E320 and a 97E230 back in Taiwan, never had any problems. Only went in for maintenance and the E320 went to get fixed once recently, but that's the result of car accident. I thought the service in Vancouver is quite nice as well. Got loaners even when it is not overnight (for maintenance). The loaners are always another MB which is nice (a 04 ML350 for me last time)
I guess I'm lucky then for having such little problems.
you are lucky..but MB service still sucks compared to Lexus... Lexus gives you loaners for everything as well, only they drive to your house at your conveinence , drop off loaner and take your car away. (i usually get it the nite before so i can use the loaner the next morning i go out). When we got the car, they came to our house to program the homelink sensor. burnt a bulb, they came to house to change it.

MB service while not bad is several notches below lexus. its like McDeal compared with Canoe with MB being McDeal :lol:

on a sidenote, friend with new SLK350, on the road for 3 months, been in the shop for past 3.5 weeks and counting :cry:
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
4582 posts
gta
gilboman wrote: When we got the car, they came to our house to program the homelink sensor. burnt a bulb, they came to house to change it.
serious?
w0w...that is excellent service on their part...
that would make me wanna buy a lexus...just knowing that id be "taken care of"
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
4582 posts
gta
Dd_anon wrote:Lexus has good service?
I was going to get a lexus until when I went to the dealer in Auto mall in richmond. The worst experience ever. That day I was wearing casual clothes, when I arrived in the dealer, no one cared and the sales jjust kept on chatting to themselves. Then around 5 mins after, some people well dressed went in there. And guess what, the sales instantly went over to them and started offering them help. But when I went to Mercedes right after, I was offered the same service as everyone else. That's why I refuse to buy Lexus from now on.
maybe they just saw someone "young"?
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
572 upvotes
Dd_anon wrote:Lexus has good service?
I was going to get a lexus until when I went to the dealer in Auto mall in richmond. The worst experience ever. That day I was wearing casual clothes, when I arrived in the dealer, no one cared and the sales jjust kept on chatting to themselves. Then around 5 mins after, some people well dressed went in there. And guess what, the sales instantly went over to them and started offering them help. But when I went to Mercedes right after, I was offered the same service as everyone else. That's why I refuse to buy Lexus from now on.
sux2bu then.