Automotive

Mercedes Stealership - Joy Ride

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2018 10:03 pm
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
23087 posts
3447 upvotes
ROFL they actually have the longest conversations about going to get the ice cream...in a customer vehicle. What idiots :facepalm:

However I don't get how the turn into the stealership allegedly caused a "cracked rim" either. That can't possibly true unless MB makes their wheels out of cheese, lol. Either a harder impact happened somehow (but it's all recorded so doubtful) or that wasn't caused by the stealer.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1029 posts
310 upvotes
I rather the tech stop for ice cream during a test drive than beat on my car (which they didnt do)

Also, bs on the mess that he accused the techs made. The whole area is filthy already. they prob got a drink tray for the frosty - why would they take them out and put it in the holder? even if they didnt, theyre covered with a drink lid and a frosty is almost solid, no way it would spill like that.

I think the owner is just a rich dbag that got butthurt for the techs talking shit about him
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
23257 posts
9713 upvotes
Ottawa
eclone wrote:
Apr 10th, 2018 7:26 pm
I rather the tech stop for ice cream during a test drive than beat on my car (which they didnt do)

Also, bs on the mess that he accused the techs made. The whole area is filthy already. they prob got a drink tray for the frosty - why would they take them out and put it in the holder? even if they didnt, theyre covered with a drink lid and a frosty is almost solid, no way it would spill like that.

I think the owner is just a rich dbag that got butthurt for the techs talking shit about him
Wait until it's your car bud!
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2616 posts
1089 upvotes
Waterloo
I honestly sometimes wonder when I bring my car in for an oil change if they actually do it or if they just leave it there for an hour and tell me it's ready,
Feb 13, 2017
134 posts
86 upvotes
ON
ctc027 wrote:
Apr 9th, 2018 4:04 pm
And put the car up for 11 minutes and never did any work that they suppose to and charged 1.5 hrs for the work that was never done.
The total service time is 1hr and 30mins. You did see the timestamps of coming in and out? The car was running for 11mins only, cameras dont record in OFF.
richuwo11 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2018 12:35 pm
Can I borrow your car? I have a craving for a burrito...
No mechanic has ever taken your car for a test drive. Ever.

Not sure what people expect happens in the shop? This is pretty normal, they drove within the speed limit the whole time. The guy claiming they bent his rim is total BS, they never hit any curb.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
23257 posts
9713 upvotes
Ottawa
cutepoison wrote:
Apr 10th, 2018 8:07 pm
The total service time is 1hr and 30mins. You did see the timestamps of coming in and out? The car was running for 11mins only, cameras dont record in OFF.

No mechanic has ever taken your car for a test drive. Ever.

Not sure what people expect happens in the shop? This is pretty normal, they drove within the speed limit the whole time. The guy claiming they bent his rim is total BS, they never hit any curb.
Yes, after an oil change and that was the last time I went to that particular dealership.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2005
4260 posts
201 upvotes
Peterborough
crystallight wrote:
Apr 10th, 2018 7:55 pm
I honestly sometimes wonder when I bring my car in for an oil change if they actually do it or if they just leave it there for an hour and tell me it's ready,
Check the colour on the dipstick I guess.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
6697 posts
1261 upvotes
Mississauga
booblehead wrote:
Apr 9th, 2018 12:54 pm
happens at all dealerships. Nothing surprising at all. At least those monkeys did not crash the car and drove it in the vicinity of the dealership and not wander off to Square One per se.
You do realize that thousand's of cars are serviced every day at New Car Dealerships and if this happened as frequently as you are suggesting there would thousand's of videos like this one.
You cant paint all the dealerships with the same brush just like in any other business there are good apples and bad apples.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1029 posts
310 upvotes
vkizzle wrote:
Apr 10th, 2018 7:50 pm
Wait until it's your car bud!
I hope they will ask me if I'd want a frosty too lol
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
2996 posts
356 upvotes
eclone wrote:
Apr 11th, 2018 9:03 am
that's basic etiquette right?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
23257 posts
9713 upvotes
Ottawa
eclone wrote:
Apr 11th, 2018 9:03 am
Most defnitely and charge you a 45% markup.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
3279 posts
711 upvotes
Home
vkizzle wrote:
Apr 11th, 2018 9:26 am
Most defnitely and charge you a 45% markup.
lucky if it's only 45%.
Koodo $40 6GB
Jul 5, 2004
23215 posts
2812 upvotes
Other than not completing the work they were paid to perform (I didn't read the story, so not sure if that's the case or not), I don't really see an issue. The area around those cup holders is already dirty. I find it hard to believe the cup holders were spotless but the rest of the area was filthy. The guys didn't beat on the car whatsoever. They took it for a short drive and stopped for ice cream. Not a big deal, unless a test drive wouldn't have been required at all as part of the service. In that case, I would want to know why they were driving my car when it wasn't required. I saw absolutely no evidence of them hitting anything that would have caused damage to a rim.

If that was my truck they were driving, I wouldn't think twice about it. Yeah, the conversation wasn't flattering to the owner, but they believed they were having a private conversation. People say things all the time in private that they wouldn't want others to hear. I wouldn't hold that against them.
Penalty Box
Apr 25, 2013
6902 posts
1203 upvotes
The clowns at this dealer forgot to turn off the owner's dashcam ! ...LoL

Last edited by MrDisco on Aug 14th, 2018 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: language

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)