Expired Hot Deals

[Shoppers Drug Mart] 2012/12/02 Shoppers Drug Mart SPEND YOUR POINTS EVENT DECEMBER 1-2!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2012 11:16 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2008
1732 posts
742 upvotes
sumguy12004 wrote:
Oct 10th, 2012 3:22 pm
can you redeem the points for gift cards ? another question, at esso, can you use part of the balance of a gift card ? i know at sobeys fast fuel yo have to redeem the card all in one transaction in full which is a bit of a hassle
Here is an AWESOME COOL GUIDE FOR NEWBIES on HOW TO REDEEM YOUR SD POINTS with EXCELLENT TIPS!!! REALLY WORTH READING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://mrsjanuary.com/downloads/shopper ... -ebook.pdf
May 31, 2011
320 posts
42 upvotes
hlx42s wrote:
Oct 11th, 2012 7:54 am
what's the ratio for money spent : points earned?

I have a Opt card for a few years now and don't really pay attention to the points I earn every time, only that I don't have enough points yet for any redemption :(
Normally, it's only 10 points per $1 you spend, which is why you really need to go on the 20x days or the 18500 bonus point events if you want to save up enough points for a redemption.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2008
1732 posts
742 upvotes
immortal_kssss wrote:
Oct 11th, 2012 8:26 am
I need 14,000 points to reach the holy 285,000 points.
I will check my wife's account hopefully I can transfer some of her points to my account.
Are Points transferable between Shoppers Optimum Members?

A: Yes, Shoppers Optimum Points are transferable subject the Program's Terms & Conditions. Shoppers Optimum Points cannot be sold, traded, bartered, rented or otherwise disposed of. Shoppers Optimum Points are void if sold for cash or any other consideration.
Click here to go to the Points Transfer page: https://www.shoppersoptimum.ca/OptimumT ... /person.do
Nov 16, 2004
954 posts
11 upvotes
NoFixedAddress wrote:
Oct 11th, 2012 9:56 am
Are Points transferable between Shoppers Optimum Members?

A: Yes, Shoppers Optimum Points are transferable subject the Program's Terms & Conditions. Shoppers Optimum Points cannot be sold, traded, bartered, rented or otherwise disposed of. Shoppers Optimum Points are void if sold for cash or any other consideration.
Click here to go to the Points Transfer page: https://www.shoppersoptimum.ca/OptimumT ... /person.do

how often can we transfer points between 2 different cards ??? also ... will we see the transferred points done instantly or is there a waiting period ?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2008
1732 posts
742 upvotes
red_red wrote:
Oct 11th, 2012 12:01 pm
how often can we transfer points between 2 different cards ??? also ... will we see the transferred points done instantly or is there a waiting period ?
Not sure. tried to look it up, but can't find it
Here are the terms/conditions:
http://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/Shop ... tions.aspx

You can also contact them here and ask them: (email or call)
http://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/Contact-Us.aspx
Oct 9, 2005
458 posts
13 upvotes
hlx42s wrote:
Oct 11th, 2012 7:54 am
what's the ratio for money spent : points earned?
Using the 20x and 18,500 bonus offers, I spend about $450 + taxes to accumulate 95000 points. Save these for December and redeem for $250 = 50% return on investment.
Feb 18, 2008
338 posts
787 upvotes
NoFixedAddress wrote:
Oct 11th, 2012 9:35 am
Tonnes of time to collect more :)
Promo not till December 1st......yeah!
Tonnes of time to spend more?

I don't understand how you can spend that much there? I did the 20x promo 2-3 times last year and each times I had an hard time to hit 50$ and that was with having half the bill filled by duraloops!
I lost the ability to remember things when I lost the right to a full night's sleep.
Dec 8, 2011
323 posts
101 upvotes
Toronto
red_red wrote:
No limit on how often you can transfer and the points are transferred instantly .
Oct 1, 2003
348 posts
5 upvotes
red_red wrote:
Point transfer is instant. Just make sure you punch in the right numbers, or you may be giving a stranger some free points. I think you can do it as often as you like. I haven't had a problem.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
5004 posts
730 upvotes
Maple
Wonder, it the SD points can be redeemed for perfume, cosmetics, etc...?
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
8342 posts
2500 upvotes
Ottawa
teoconca wrote:
Oct 11th, 2012 2:16 pm
Of course they can.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2008
1732 posts
742 upvotes
teoconca wrote:
Oct 11th, 2012 2:16 pm
Shoppers Optimum Points may not be redeemed towards the purchase of the following products/services:
-prescription drugs
-products containing codeine
-gift cards and prepaid card products
-wireless phone cards
-Post Office stamps and merchandise
-passport photos
-tickets provided by Ticket Ops or any other event ticket provider
-cigarettes and tobacco (where sold)
-lottery tickets
-bus tickets and passes
-delivery charges (where applicable)
-bill payments (where accepted)
-bottle deposits/returns
-charitable donations
-gift with purchases and any other items specified as exclusions from time to time.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
5004 posts
730 upvotes
Maple
Thanks, I want to use the points against botttle of Chanel 5 for my wife.
Cas77 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2012 2:20 pm
Of course they can.
NoFixedAddress wrote:
Oct 11th, 2012 2:29 pm
Shoppers Optimum Points may not be redeemed towards the purchase of the following products/services:
-prescription drugs
-products containing codeine
-gift cards and prepaid card products
-wireless phone cards
-Post Office stamps and merchandise
-passport photos
-tickets provided by Ticket Ops or any other event ticket provider
-cigarettes and tobacco (where sold)
-lottery tickets
-bus tickets and passes
-delivery charges (where applicable)
-bill payments (where accepted)
-bottle deposits/returns
-charitable donations
-gift with purchases and any other items specified as exclusions from time to time.
Dec 10, 2006
295 posts
67 upvotes
sumguy12004 wrote:
Oct 10th, 2012 3:22 pm
can you redeem the points for gift cards ? another question, at esso, can you use part of the balance of a gift card ? i know at sobeys fast fuel yo have to redeem the card all in one transaction in full which is a bit of a hassle
Yes you can redeem only part of the balance and use next time. I bought a bunch last year and had no problems.

Also gift cards do not need to be from two different retailers they just needed to be a minimum of two individual cards adding up to 150. I typically bought 3 esso cards of 50 each for each transaction
Aug 1, 2005
793 posts
62 upvotes
Lots of helpful info here, but it is worth noting that the list of exemptions (on what you can collect and redeem points on) varies from Province to Province.

*Shoppers Optimum Points are awarded based on net (purchase price less discounts) pre-tax purchases. Shoppers Optimum Points are not awarded and may not be redeemed on cigarettes and tobacco (where sold), gifts with purchase, bus tickets, passes, pre-paid phone cards, electronic gift cards, lottery tickets, lifeEXPERIENCE packages, products purchased in the post office, delivery charges (where applicable), bottle deposits/returns (where accepted), bill payments (where accepted) or charitable donations. The collection of points for prescription purchases may vary by province and is governed by provincial governments, provincial regulatory authorities and third party insurance plans. Discount applies to the full purchase price (excluding taxes). Shoppers Optimum Points cannot be redeemed on prescription drugs and products that contain codeine.

Q: How do I receive Points for my prescription purchases?

A: When filling your prescription, simply present your personal Shoppers Optimum Card to the HealthWATCH® pharmacist. Points for your prescription* will be added to your balance within 24-48 hours after your prescription has been filled. Once awarded, these points will appear on your cash register receipt the next time you make a purchase. A Shoppers Optimum Member may only accumulate points for prescription drug purchases filled in his or her own name, with the exception of any of the member's children under the age of 16.

* Points are awarded on the Full Price of the Patient's Prescriptions except in P.E.I. and B.C. where points are awarded on the portion of the prescription paid for by the Patient. Points are not awarded on prescriptions in Ontario, Newfoundland or Quebec.
× < >