Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 2, 2006
12209 posts
102 upvotes

[Merged] AMC Series: The Walking Dead

Despite AMC's slip up with its remake of The Prisoner, we're pretty confident that it will continue to pump out quality programming to join its two hits Breaking Bad and Mad Men. And the next show to join the network's slate will be an adaptation of Robert Kirkman's graphic novel series The Walking Dead, a comic about... ZOMBIES. Today AMC ordered six episodes of the show for its first season, making me one very happy nerd.
http://www.tv.com/amc-greenlights-zombi ... ;gumball;1
WTB: A Dance With Dragons from A Song of Ice and Fire
5624 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1011 posts
43 upvotes
Scarborough
That is the best zombie graphic novels I've seen (tbh most of them sucks). It will make one hell of a show. But its nowhere close to finished how are they going to make a show for it.
ebay acct:
    [url=http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=wikkid_bigshot&ssPageName=STRK:ME:UFS]My ebay feedback[/url]
yes, Im a redflagnoob
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2004
1535 posts
9 upvotes
I love the comic series - a great look on how people act towards each other in a crisis - so I hope it does well and is faithful. Frank Darabont (Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile) is behind it so it should be great! I thought the Mist was seriously underrated.

Maybe we'll see a Invincible series some day.
Sep 22, 2008
332 posts
91 upvotes
My favorite comic right now. Super pumped for this.
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
16490 posts
323 upvotes
This intrigues me, now if only the PSP comic store would come here and carry this i would be rather happy...
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
1829 posts
97 upvotes
Toronto
Super strokey wrote:
Mar 31st, 2010 2:37 pm
This intrigues me, now if only the PSP comic store would come here and carry this i would be rather happy...
The trades are available on www.Amazon.ca and www.Chapters.ca so you should be able to get them no problem. They are a great read, I'd advise getting them.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
1829 posts
97 upvotes
Toronto
This show is going to effing good! Image
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2004
1535 posts
9 upvotes
The first episode is pretty slow but good, not great - pretty much in style with the other AMC shows although Breaking Bad can get pretty riveting. It's more fleshed out than the comic which is interesting. Again, kind of a slow adaptation of the first issue of the comic but that could be because the first issue is probably the weakest of the entire series, imho. I can hardly wait for the show to really get in gear. They're definitely going for a character oriented series - which is a good thing.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2004
1535 posts
9 upvotes
So no one has seen the preair? :razz:
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel