[Merged] AMC Series: The Walking Dead

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2017 4:59 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 3, 2011
946 posts
132 upvotes
I enjoyed this episode, even though it was slow paced. It was nice seeing how the Saviors were living. I'm holding out hope that Eugene didn't switch over to Negan's side, but it does align with his cowardly personality of cozying up to anyone who can protect him.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Jun 26, 2016
221 posts
26 upvotes
chimaican wrote:
Feb 27th, 2017 8:29 am
From the looks of it he is playing the Eugene wimp part. I don't think he has switched sides but making Negan believe he has switched sides. He used the same Human Genome expert story, and is playing to Negan's gullible side like he did with Abraham. He clearly is freaked out by what Negan is doing but is buying his time. He recognized Dwight's lie regarding the doctor whereas no one else did.
This is exactly what I took away from this episode too. after he walked away from neagan outside after telling about the metal on the walkers, he gave a small smile almost to show that he fooled him.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
6814 posts
589 upvotes
Victoria
I took that away too. If he resisted they might of treated him like Darrell or melted his face with a hot iron. I assume he's playing along as form of self-preservation. Should an opportunity present itself to get out of there... maybe he'd take it...
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2008
4462 posts
707 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
Further, as pointed out by the Talking Dead, he didn't want to give those two wives the cyanide pills. He easily figured out that the pills were for Negan & not the 3rd wife, and the last thing he needs is it to be linked back to him if they failed. I'm hedging my bets is he's saving those two pills for his own escape later on.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
May 6, 2006
2035 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
chimaican wrote:
Feb 27th, 2017 1:19 pm
Further, as pointed out by the Talking Dead, he didn't want to give those two wives the cyanide pills. He easily figured out that the pills were for Negan & not the 3rd wife, and the last thing he needs is it to be linked back to him if they failed. I'm hedging my bets is he's saving those two pills for his own escape later on.
Yeah I think those 2 pills will definitely come into play later on...It wont' be for Negan as I expect his eventual death to be super graphic to please all the fans :)
My XBL/PSN: evilenger
Oct 31, 2007
3154 posts
333 upvotes
LOL reminds me of Walter White and his ricin, tucked away for use at a later date. Eugene just needs to hide those pills behind a wall plate! I actually thought the wives were being instructed by Negan to test Eugene, to see if he would go along with a plan to kill one of his wives, the whole time though they just wanted to kill Negan, nice! :)

I didn't mind the ep. they can't all be guns blazing and I thought this was a nice further insight into life at the Sanctuary. I too think Eugene is just acting to please Negan, but you gotta admit he has it pretty sweet now eating pickles and playing video games all day! Don't think he will want to leave now :)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2004
6763 posts
744 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
I assume Eugene is going along with his situation as well to stay alive and will support Rick when the time comes. But he did seem quite happy to be where he was.

The episode itself wasn't bad. I don't mind all these story lines and character development shows. There are a lot of perspectives to go through. And setting up some saviors to eventually switch sides isn't so bad.
Of course, they need to start taking out some saviors soon. At least get some ambushes going or stage a few mishaps and then play innocent.
May 3, 2005
891 posts
47 upvotes
Woodbridge
Funniest part was when Eugene turned on the stereo and Easy Street started blaring and he bobbed his head to it. :)

Lobo
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2003
8628 posts
891 upvotes
Vancouver
lobo wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2017 12:26 pm
Funniest part was when Eugene turned on the stereo and Easy Street started blaring and he bobbed his head to it. :)

Lobo
It's a catchy tune!
General Radek had some good ideas.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2011
1904 posts
217 upvotes
Toronto
superlink wrote:
Mar 5th, 2017 10:04 pm
Another slow one. Maybe I'm getting board.
And that usually means another action packed episode for next week.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2004
3427 posts
202 upvotes
I don't think this Savoirs conflict isn't going to end this season. Just can't see it.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
3371 posts
323 upvotes
Aurora
Slow but I enjoyed this one. Good to see Rick continue in "Han Solo" mode rather than morose beaten dog mode. I can feel the screws of the alliance tightening.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
18641 posts
1249 upvotes
Definitely not going to resolve the Saviours conflict this season...next week is the last episode until they start up again in Oct.

The conflict will start next week and end on a cliffhanger.......and will resume in Oct.....probably take 3 or 4 episodes to resolve the conflict....

EDIT - incorrect info by me, thought series was ending next week - still have 4 more to go....
Last edited by ji2o0k on Mar 6th, 2017 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1174 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto
ji2o0k wrote:
Mar 6th, 2017 9:39 am
Definitely not going to resolve the Saviours conflict this season...next week is the last episode until they start up again in Oct.

The conflict will start next week and end on a cliffhanger.......and will resume in Oct.....probably take 3 or 4 episodes to resolve the conflict....
Really?? Didnt the show just come back from the mid season finale?? wtf..
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel