• Aug 2nd, 2017 9:46 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7182 posts
679 upvotes
Victoria
I kind of thought they'd drag the Neagan thing out for more than a Season. I kind of don't think he's going to be gone in the finale?
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
1336 posts
362 upvotes
VANCOUVER
I highly doubt he will be gone for the finale. I think he'll be there for another season.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2004
3489 posts
214 upvotes
This has got to be the worst season. Too many fillers and not enough action.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17468 posts
1220 upvotes
Mr. Robo wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 11:32 pm
This has got to be the worst season. Too many fillers and not enough action.
With 6 communities, the story had to spread out a bit.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2008
4918 posts
966 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
Not sure about the complainers but I don't find the show slow at all. Characters need development and without that, the story would become meaningless.

As for the final scene, I highly doubt that's Daryl, most likely Dwight.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2004
7120 posts
896 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
chimaican wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 1:32 pm
Not sure about the complainers but I don't find the show slow at all. Characters need development and without that, the story would become meaningless.

As for the final scene, I highly doubt that's Daryl, most likely Dwight.
I am enjoying the season. The lead up and story building makes it much more interesting. That said, I do hope they end the season doing some damage.

Good call on the final scene. I forgot about Dwight.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
3584 posts
1367 upvotes
Toronto
Rick had some major logic fail in this last episode... We need more guns and ammo to fight The Saviors, so let's go use up all our existing dynamite and ammo while we get those guns. Makes no sense. They should have come up with a better plan. They had to know that setting off 3 explosions would attract Walkers and anyone else that happened to be nearby... What if there were Saviors on a supply run? And it sounds like they took ALL of the guns too? Talk about merciless!
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1261 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
So war begins in the next episode? Is this the season finale??
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
1452 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
Fabfive wrote:
Mar 27th, 2017 12:12 pm
So war begins in the next episode? Is this the season finale??
Yup lol.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
3690 posts
420 upvotes
Aurora
Yes. With Oceanside finally in play (at least their guns, for now), the last group is on board - bring on total war. BTW, what's with Sasha? Does she really want to off herself or did she want to procure a weapon against Negan?
Last edited by DiceMan on Mar 27th, 2017 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
1872 posts
210 upvotes
Just have to guess how Sasha will go out now. Die fighting? or become a trap for her friends. I have a feeling it'll be cliff hanger ending with first shots fired and then end and wait till next season....
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
3584 posts
1367 upvotes
Toronto
DiceMan wrote:
Mar 27th, 2017 1:37 pm
BTW, what's with Sasha? Does she really want to off herself or did she want to procure a weapon against Negan?
I think it was pretty clear that she was playing Eugene and trying to get a hidden weapon to use against Negan.

The scene made it seem like she was crying and begging Eugene for a gun, knife or shard of glass so that she could kill herself and not be used against her friends, but when the camera shot cut to the inside of her cell, it showed that there were no tears and she wasn't crying at all - just faking it. The obvious inference was that she wanted a weapon that Negan wouldn't know about so that she could catch him by surprise. This was reinforced by the look of dejection on her face when Eugene gave her a poison pill instead of the weapon she was hoping for.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
3584 posts
1367 upvotes
Toronto
coilz wrote:
Mar 27th, 2017 1:41 pm
Just have to guess how Sasha will go out now. Die fighting? or become a trap for her friends. I have a feeling it'll be cliff hanger ending with first shots fired and then end and wait till next season....
Pretty sure you're right. In last night's episode, Negan said something like a little birdie told him that Rick was up to something. I'm wondering if that little birdie was Eugene, who guessed that Rick was cooking something up based on the fact that Sacha and Rosita were there with guns trying to break him out... Or perhaps it was Gregory who squealed since we saw him pull out a map and tell Kal they were going for a drive...

Either way, I imagine we're going to see a surprise visit at Alexandria and perhaps that is where the war against Negan and the Saviors breaks out - right before the credits roll on the season finale.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8364 posts
1720 upvotes
Toronto
pintobean wrote:
Mar 27th, 2017 2:23 pm
... Negan said something like a little birdie told him that Rick was up to something. I'm wondering if that little birdie was Eugene, ...
I remember hearing that dialogue but forgot all about it even after TvLine headlined their recap with 'Who's the mole?'
I think Rick got his groove back after Eugene Porter Negan got bagged but like I mentioned the memory's not so good anymore
How about hilltop Doctor (but I'm not sure he was in the loop)?
Maybe Hilltop leader Gregory?
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2007
4147 posts
660 upvotes
Worst season ever. With so many factions and characters the show has to repeatedly switch between them to build up. The tension is just gone as episodes are full of fillers like 5 minutes of people training, making weapons etc.

We don't need a character to die for things to move forward. Just need some actions that actually have an impact to the goal of the story. A lot of the subplots don't really go anywhere. The show had filler before but it feels like this season takes it to the next level. Like 1/3 of an episode to take the doctor and a slightly tense scene with the saviour almost discovering Daryl...half the scenes here won't trigger anything or develop anything meaningful. We've already established that the saviours are bad ass and will do as they please. And ultimately the saviour did not find Daryl and Maggie so in hindsight that whole scene was moot. Feels like less and less of each episode is relevant anymore and filler has become the norm.

Before I couldn't wait to watch the next episode. Now I'm just going to wait until the season finale, but wait...that's probably another cliffhanger.