• Nov 21st, 2017 9:56 pm
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5292 posts
1323 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
pintobean wrote:
Oct 24th, 2017 12:00 am
^ So they shoot and kill Negan instead of talking with him... Yay! The Saviors are done. Now what?

This isn't a documentary, it's a TV show designed to entertain. They've got an entire season worth of episodes to fill! Do you really expect them to write off the show's best villain within the first 45 minutes of the season 8 premier?
I agree with the rest, lazy writing. It was like watching stage theatre where the character is on stage but the audience is supposed to imagine that he isn't really on stage. To have Negan right there without anyone taking an easy shot at him is bad script writing. IMO it would have been better to have Negan off screen or within view of them but maybe perched high on the balcony with his lieutenants with all guns trained on Rick's people.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
3750 posts
166 upvotes
Mississauga
Evil Baby wrote:
Oct 24th, 2017 8:27 am
Exactly. This is just extremely lazy writing. We all know it has to last longer but you can't show two lookouts getting sniped like 5 minutes earlier and then all of sudden 5 guys on a balcony and no one can hit them? Come on people.
I agree that it makes absolutely no sense that just a few minutes before two guys got snipered off the rooftop and those same people can't just put a few bullets into Negan the same way.

Seriously all they really needed to do to fix that entire scene was to simply put a few panes of bulletproof glass in front of the railings covering the whole doorway and then all of a sudden everything is fine and Negan and his crew are protected and they can walk out and have that conversation with Rick without every viewer yelling at Rick and Co to shoot him.
Toronto sports teams..............forever cursed. Profound sadness. :(
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
8782 posts
1526 upvotes
Somewhere
DiceMan wrote:
Sep 18th, 2017 12:27 pm
I haven't. I'll have to look it up, then.
Watch any interview with Rose Leslie (Ygritte from Game of Thrones).
:confused:
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1472 posts
446 upvotes
I don't understand where Negan's men are. They number in the hundreds but I see a total of 5. Were they drawn away by the zombie mob or what's the story? I seriously thought they were going to end the Savior arc and start a new one in Ep 2.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5292 posts
1323 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
badOne wrote:
Oct 24th, 2017 9:54 am
I don't understand where Negan's men are. They number in the hundreds but I see a total of 5. Were they drawn away by the zombie mob or what's the story? I seriously thought they were going to end the Savior arc and start a new one in Ep 2.
No way they would end this arc so quickly, it would be an insult to the Negan character. Look how long they had the Governor arc. It only makes sense that Negan would get another half season (so 7 more episodes) with at least a back-story of the character. They did that with the Governor.

As for Negan's army, I'm pretty much sure that they've already dispersed into smaller groups and will be attacking each of Alexandria, Hilltop & the Kingdom at the same time. The Saviours are not stupid. At the end of the episode you can clearly see that they had setup a trap for Carol & Ezekiel at one of the outposts.

Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1472 posts
446 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote:
Oct 24th, 2017 10:41 am
I was trying to watch season 8 ep.01 last night but perhaps I was tired from bball...couldn't get into it.

Watched about 15mins and turned it off...will give it another go tonight.
It wasn't your attention span that was the problem - it was the episode. I had problems getting into this as well but forced myself to finish it.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7456 posts
773 upvotes
Victoria
badOne wrote:
Oct 24th, 2017 9:54 am
Given that it's hard to come by ammo, I was wondering why they were pumping all that ammo into the building without seeing if anyone was in there. If there was threat of attack, I'd order everyone away from the windows.. probably to sub ground level floors.
Feb 25, 2015
722 posts
141 upvotes
York Region
Doesn't Negan have some RPGs? That would of solved the problem real fast.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1326 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto
Ya that was a huge waste of ammo. They could have gotten a couple of guys to shoot out the windows and save the rest.

I get that they are trying to make noise to attract the attention of the walkers but that was a lot of ammo wasted and zero saviors killed.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
3946 posts
529 upvotes
Aurora
Agreed. Or, instead of making a huge truck bomb, maybe they could have lobbed the bomb through the windows catapault-style; that would have done much more damage. Or make many smaller bombs and throw them through the windows.
Last edited by DiceMan on Oct 24th, 2017 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5292 posts
1323 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
zod wrote:
Oct 24th, 2017 1:55 pm
Given that it's hard to come by ammo, I was wondering why they were pumping all that ammo into the building without seeing if anyone was in there. If there was threat of attack, I'd order everyone away from the windows.. probably to sub ground level floors.
I discussed this with my wife and we came to the agreement that they shot out all the windows to keep everyone inside. It was more of a tactic by showering glass onto everyone inside and keeping them away from the windows and doorway so they didn't really know Rick's numbers. Also firing loads of ammo into the building (glass) makes it appear there's larger numbers on Rick's side. They would be cowering inside unknown to them that a hoard was on the way. Rick's group was leaving the walkers to do the killing without risking any of their lives. With Negan's people inside they would have nowhere to escape when the hoard arrived. If Rick's people tried to storm the doorway they be picked off one by one as they entered through the doorway or killed in unfamiliar corridors. And if they didn't shoot a lot of ammo, Negan's people may have stormed out the door. Noticed how easily and quickly Rick's people took off when the shooting stopped and none of Negan's people came out the door?

Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2004
7197 posts
982 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
Tough crowd! Seems like everyone was complaining last season because there was too much story, and now everyone is complaining still.

I enjoyed last season, and enjoyed the first episode this season ( though I too was wondering why they just didn't pick off Neagen right there) and can't wait for the rest.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
16624 posts
1039 upvotes
Niagara Falls
don242 wrote:
Oct 24th, 2017 5:29 pm
Tough crowd! Seems like everyone was complaining last season because there was too much story, and now everyone is complaining still.

I enjoyed last season, and enjoyed the first episode this season ( though I too was wondering why they just didn't pick off Neagen right there) and can't wait for the rest.
I try not to complain but the scene we are talking about was just so pathetically bad you have to complain. I mean we literally just watched two guys get sniped from the roof without any issue, then all of the leading brass is out and all of sudden they shoot like Stormtroopres?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2004
7197 posts
982 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
chimaican wrote:
Oct 24th, 2017 10:39 am

As for Negan's army, I'm pretty much sure that they've already dispersed into smaller groups and will be attacking each of Alexandria, Hilltop & the Kingdom at the same time. The Saviours are not stupid. At the end of the episode you can clearly see that they had setup a trap for Carol & Ezekiel at one of the outposts.
Yeah. Not sure the attack did much. Resistance was minimal so I doubt very many were actually there. Just Negan and his lieutenants to make it look like the attack would be successful. The last scenes suggest that Negan was prepared for it all.