[Merged] AMC Series: The Walking Dead

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2017 9:56 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1326 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto
Jesus is stupid. Why bother keeping those saviors prisoners?

If that was the good guys getting caught by the saviors do you think they would show the same mercy??

By keeping them "prisoners" you still have to find space to keep them and obviously feed them as well. Waste of space and resources. I like the way Darryl and Morgan went about things. Just shoot to kill no questions asked.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5292 posts
1323 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
33966 wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 11:47 pm
Anyone know what rick was taking pictures of?
I might be wrong but I think he might be making a montage for Negan... but that's just as twisted, so maybe the writer's are asking, is Rick really any different than Negan?
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1326 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto
Ya I dont get why Rick was taking pictures. Did he turn into a photographer all of a sudden?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5292 posts
1323 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
Fabfive wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 11:25 am
Ya I dont get why Rick was taking pictures. Did he turn into a photographer all of a sudden?
He's not the only one. They're taking pictures at all the attack sites.

Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1326 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto
chimaican wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 12:40 pm
He's not the only one. They're taking pictures at all the attack sites.
I missed that part..who else was taking pics? I wonder why theyre doing that
Oct 31, 2007
3184 posts
338 upvotes
I assumed it was some kind of revenge for the Saviors having a bunch of polaroids (and snapping pics after Season 7 premiere mayhem) strung around. Rick takes pics of the Saviors and outposts he has taken down and hangs it up for Negan somewhere at some point? Just a thought.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
3946 posts
529 upvotes
Aurora
Also, I think the camera that Rick's using is the same vintage Polaroid instant that the Saviours we're using on Glenn and Abraham, if I'm not mistaken. I hope that they're not writing Rick to be just like Negan. I need Rick and the group to have a good (at least better) moral compass than Negan. Let the show be dark, but don't make the characters I've followed for 8 seasons to be monsters.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2006
2191 posts
430 upvotes
Toronto
DiceMan wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 4:42 pm
Also, I think the camera that Rick's using is the same vintage Polaroid instant that the Saviours we're using on Glenn and Abraham, if I'm not mistaken. I hope that they're not writing Rick to be just like Negan. I need Rick and the group to have a good (at least better) moral compass than Negan. Let the show be dark, but don't make the characters I've followed for 8 seasons to be monsters.
they are going to have a "holy crap" moment "look what we've done".....
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2006
2191 posts
430 upvotes
Toronto
Fabfive wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 8:57 am
Jesus is stupid. Why bother keeping those saviors prisoners?

If that was the good guys getting caught by the saviors do you think they would show the same mercy??

By keeping them "prisoners" you still have to find space to keep them and obviously feed them as well. Waste of space and resources. I like the way Darryl and Morgan went about things. Just shoot to kill no questions asked.
yeah it's a tough question of morality. in this case, Rick's people have witnessed first hand the brutality of Negan... the majority of others have not.

that being said it's a lot harder to shoot people that have surrendered, than to shoot people that are shooting at you.
like jesus said, "we aren't executioners".
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19270 posts
1431 upvotes
Episode 3 was a little better but that gunfight with the Kingdom folks surrounded by Negan guys in a circle and them being ambushed by other Kingdom folks on the outside and being fired upon was laughable...

Cmon, the centre Kingdom folks would be caught in the crossfires from their own people..not to mention shooting in a circle means you'll hit your own people on the other side of the outer circle...lol!!

Interesting dilemma...do you execute the Saviours who surrendered or keep them as prisoners? Which means you have to feed and house them etc...if you keep them as prisoners....
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1326 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto
If you keep them as prisoners you are giving them a chance to cause an uprising somehow someway. They are getting a second chance when they dont need to be given one.

Does Jesus really expect these people to just drop their schtick and just become good guys at the flip of a switch?? It's naive thinking.

Do they not remember being herded like cattle by the Saviors to watch Negan bash two of their friends heads in and take joy in that? I didnt see any of them step up to Negan and say "No, we cant do that they surrendered...we're not executioners"

Same thing with Maggie and letting Gregory back in. Dude just full out sold you and your people out to the bad guys and you're going to let him back in?? What makes you think he wont do the same thing once s*** hits the fan once again on the hilltop? I would have opened that gate a crack and greeted him with a nice pistol in his face and bam. He did ditch Gabriel who tried to help him. End of story, end of another loose end.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5292 posts
1323 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
Fabfive wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 8:43 am
Do they not remember being herded like cattle by the Saviors to watch Negan bash two of their friends heads in and take joy in that? I didnt see any of them step up to Negan and say "No, we cant do that they surrendered...we're not executioners"
Jesus wasn't there when that happened.

Same thing with Maggie and letting Gregory back in. Dude just full out sold you and your people out to the bad guys and you're going to let him back in?? What makes you think he wont do the same thing once s*** hits the fan once again on the hilltop? I would have opened that gate a crack and greeted him with a nice pistol in his face and bam. He did ditch Gabriel who tried to help him. End of story, end of another loose end.
Maggie also wasn't there.

I do get what you're saying though. I'd kill all the prisoners too.

Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19270 posts
1431 upvotes
I'd execute them too.....but that's just me....lol...

Or they could run Death Games...pit the surrendering Saviours against a pit of walkers (maybe groups of 2 or 3)...

Bound to have a few of them off'd by walkers...survivor at the end earns their freedom...

Gladiator mixed with Walking Dead...
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1326 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto
chimaican wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 11:04 am
Jesus wasn't there when that happened.

Maggie also wasn't there.

I do get what you're saying though. I'd kill all the prisoners too.
She wasnt there but she knows what he did.

Anyway I would have shot him right in the face. He did try to hit on her when they first met...creepy old perv
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8723 posts
1847 upvotes
Toronto
Not too much to last night's episode but I still found myself much more invested than previous season 8 episodes
Oh Carol, you'll never stop pulling the little miss innocent homemaker schtick!