Shivas demise.

RIP man!
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17672 posts
1306 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 11:25 am
I'd execute them too.....but that's just me....lol...

Or they could run Death Games...pit the surrendering Saviours against a pit of walkers (maybe groups of 2 or 3)...

Bound to have a few of them off'd by walkers...survivor at the end earns their freedom...

Gladiator mixed with Walking Dead...
Basically what they had in FTWD.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Dec 22, 2014
493 posts
108 upvotes
Regina, SK
This last episode was the best in a long time. Finally a little more straight forward drama.

My biggest issue was the car chase at the end where the machine gun in the back of the truck looked about as effective as a Nerf gun. But the varying effectiveness of guns is pretty much a standard Movie/TV trope.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19261 posts
1428 upvotes
Better episode......poor Simba though....

Am I the only one that finds the King's speeches so over-the-top that it is laughable?

I know he is supposed to inspire and to lead and the delivery is supposed to be grandiose but man, some of it was laughable!

All good....all good...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5265 posts
1309 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
ji2o0k wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 12:33 pm
My old age must be kicking in....I don't remember gladiator style showdowns in FTWD...
I don't recall ever seeing this in FTWD either. Hmmm...

It has been a few times in TWD though: (1) Woodbury arena (2) Daryl vs Meryl at Woodbury, and then (3) Rick & gladiator walker at the Junk Yard.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17672 posts
1306 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 12:33 pm
My old age must be kicking in....I don't remember gladiator style showdowns in FTWD...
There was a pit that Travis fought a bunch of zombies in.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
3613 posts
1395 upvotes
Toronto
Haz wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 2:28 pm
There was a pit that Travis fought a bunch of zombies in.
Here's a clip...
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2007
4160 posts
672 upvotes
This season so far is a vast improvement over season 7. At least things are happening. A lot of the scenes don't make sense.

-That Rick and Daryl car chase was ridiculous. Bad guys always miss. Good guys have perfect accuracy. The machine gun completely missed Rick and did no damage to the car...wtf? How did Daryl fall off the bike and get up so fast? How the hell can the driver let Rick jump into the car like that? All he had to do was slam the brakes and Rick would fall? How did Daryl and Rick know exactly where and when to intercept this car with the heavy weapon?

-Carol going commando in that compound is again...ridiculous. How do you climb up and hide in the ceiling like that without making enough noise? How did 2 kingdom guys survive the machine gun wave? Jerry just popped out of nowhere to axe the guy....they were at the fence...come on....you can't pop out of nowhere.

-WTF is Ezkiel doing the whole time? I don't get why you get your guys to walk so widely out in the open. And you obviously didn't clear that compound yet so why have all your guys stand outside it? The ambush scene in the forest makes no sense as another poster said.

-Where did Rick get so many guns? There's enough guns and ammo for everyone. I know he took some from Oceanside but THAT many?

-Everybody has inifinite ammo mode on.

-Why didn't rick just shoot Negan in episode 1 right away...why does he bother to ask him to surrender....I know it's just a story and you know he isn't going to surrender.

But my biggest pet peeve yet is episode 1. It keeps jumping back and forth. It's like the director thinks he is artistic or something. Would be a lot more coherent if you just played it out chronologically. It's not like there were any "life in a flash" moments. There were absolutely no purpose to the time jumps. And overall, I think it would have been more exciting if the story spent just a minute or so to explain wtf their basic plan is so audience can follow. I'm a bit lost about which compounds which groups are attacking and why they decided to detach into 3 groups to attack. Half the time I was wondering "where the hell are they?"
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1316 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
+1 for a basic plan of attack for us to follow. Because honestly I don't see what the point in Ezekiel's group was and where they were going.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5265 posts
1309 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
I'm willing to forgive some scenes but you're right, why were they taking a breather out in the open when they hadn't secured the compound yet. They even did a headcount.

And yes, Carol is a ninja. That scene didn't make much sense. How did she get up in the ceiling making no noise? I thought she'd just jump out from behind the boxes as she was scooting down between two piles.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Dec 22, 2014
493 posts
108 upvotes
Regina, SK
I am pretty sure the TWD writer's room starts with some ideas that might look cool and than ignores making it all fit together logically.

I also wasn't too keen on Shiva being taken out by 10 or less walkers. Decaying walkers fall apart pretty easy, so a few powerful tiger paw swipes should have made short work of them. 30-40 would have been more believable at mobbing and wearing the tiger down, but the tiger should have still been fighting and doing some damage. I will admit that this was probably less a writing issue and more of a budget issue.