[Merged] AMC Series: The Walking Dead

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2017 3:31 pm
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5378 posts
1391 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
Who knows what game will be played with Gabriel. Maybe if the writers want to have fun they'll have Gabriel fib (with the aid if Eugene) and have Negan & Simon at each others throat by making Simon & Gregory the snitches.

Highly unlikely though.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2007
4219 posts
709 upvotes
Ok you guys are right. I missed the note exchange. It was really easy to miss. But I still think it would have been better if they have a briefing room talk with the leaders of each attack force instead of spending so much time jumping back and forth in time.

Episode 5 was alright. At least the pacing is much improved vs season 7. This episode was more dialogue heavy which is a nice break from the action heavy episodes. We learn more about Negan. I like Gabriel as a character. He turned from a wuss to somewhat of a badass. Kind of like Carol but less commando. I liked the episode overall except I thought too much time was spent on Gregory. Not much new was established in those scenes. We already established his cowardice long ago.

The zombies never seem like a threat anymore. After seeing what Negan did, you'd wonder how all the trained military forces in the world failed to contain the zombies. And they didn't bother to cover their faces with guts?!?!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5378 posts
1391 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
They discussed this briefly on TTD and it was suggested this entire scene was more to do with dynamics around Simon and Negan rather than focusing on Gregory. It was theorized that Simon in fact may have been the previous leader of the Saviors before Negan showed up to take command. It was theorized that line Negan said to Simon about sliding back to the past was him suggesting Simon was trying to lead again.

Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2011
3241 posts
574 upvotes
London
how did negan and gabe escape the walkers?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2006
3704 posts
1255 upvotes
Toronto
snow00774 wrote:
Nov 21st, 2017 12:08 am
huh? Neutral Face
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
4003 posts
556 upvotes
Aurora
snow00774 wrote:
Nov 21st, 2017 12:08 am
They used the zombie guts camouflage trick, employed effectively several times throughout the series but really used as a last ditch, hail Mary move when all other options are exhausted.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1343 posts
162 upvotes
Toronto
How did Gabe get sick? I dont get it..did he get bitten or was it because of the zombie guts?

Rick and Glenn did this trick before but they never got sick..
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5378 posts
1391 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
That's the mystery. TTD has three reasons: 1) He's bitten 2) He's dehydrated 3) He's fakin'

Oct 31, 2007
3203 posts
343 upvotes
DiceMan wrote:
Nov 21st, 2017 2:05 pm
They used the zombie guts camouflage trick, employed effectively several times throughout the series but really used as a last ditch, hail Mary move when all other options are exhausted.
I'm guessing his question is more around the fact that yes, they used the zombie guts trick, but last we see is walkers falling on top of them then cut to Negan strolling down the hall. It's just typical TWD nonsense, anything goes now ever since Glen hid under a dumpster for half a season.

Also, you are not going to get all the answers in every episode. eg. Gabriel, obviously it's a cliff hanger, we will have to wait and see his fate, was he bitten? It would make sense considering what they just went through, but the hint for me was when he mentioned the doctor, my guess is he is faking it to try and somehow get him to Maggie. I wonder if he somehow dies as a result, but is happy because he died with a "purpose" that was alluded to earlier in the episode. These are just my guesses :)
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
4003 posts
556 upvotes
Aurora
nufan wrote:
Nov 21st, 2017 4:59 pm
I'm guessing his question is more around the fact that yes, they used the zombie guts trick, but last we see is walkers falling on top of them then cut to Negan strolling down the hall. It's just typical TWD nonsense, anything goes now ever since Glen hid under a dumpster for half a season.
Oh, yeah, that's true. TWD nonsense. LOL, I suppose I'm so used to it by now that I just unconsciously edit the TWD narrative so it makes sense, minus the nonsense embellishments.
Dec 22, 2014
507 posts
111 upvotes
Regina, SK
Well this saves me from going back and rewatching the episode to some degree. I was thinking I missed a part when Gabe and Negan suddenly just appeared in the hallway.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19322 posts
1450 upvotes
lol - overall episode was ok but that Negan and Gabe showing up in the hallway was ridiculous....

Previous scene is of Negan and Gabe fighting to the stairs and walkers falling from the top of the stairs to......Negan and gabe strolling in the hallway....c'mon.......
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
3631 posts
1410 upvotes
Toronto
Ridiculous?? You want to talk about ridiculous?!?

How about the idea that the entire Kingdom storyline was Ezekiel leading his people through all sorts of battles so they could get those heavy guns from the chemical plant. And they get all the way to the doorstep of the chemical plant where the guns are being stored, but then they make a ridiculous tactical error and decide to walk around in an open field and are completely mowed down by those very same heavy guns that they came to secure. But never fear, Carol shows up and she appears to get the guns, but no! The guys get away... Until Rick and Daryl show up! And they manage to literally dodge the bullets and secure the heavy guns. So yay!! The good guys got the guns. But then there's a gasoline leak and the guns explode. End of storyline. Neeeexxxxt.

So basically Shiva and the entire Kingdom army are killed for 2 sets of heavy guns that get lost in 5 seconds in a car explosion. Greeeeeeaaaat.
Jan 17, 2017
71 posts
37 upvotes
pintobean wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 5:52 am
Ridiculous?? You want to talk about ridiculous?!?

How about the idea that the entire Kingdom storyline was Ezekiel leading his people through all sorts of battles so they could get those heavy guns from the chemical plant. And they get all the way to the doorstep of the chemical plant where the guns are being stored, but then they make a ridiculous tactical error and decide to walk around in an open field and are completely mowed down by those very same heavy guns that they came to secure. But never fear, Carol shows up and she appears to get the guns, but no! The guys get away... Until Rick and Daryl show up! And they manage to literally dodge the bullets and secure the heavy guns. So yay!! The good guys got the guns. But then there's a gasoline leak and the guns explode. End of storyline. Neeeexxxxt.

So basically Shiva and the entire Kingdom army are killed for 2 sets of heavy guns that get lost in 5 seconds in a car explosion. Greeeeeeaaaat.
It was explained in a couple episodes ago that the guns were moved from the camp that Rick/Daryl were attacking. The Kingdom had no idea that outpost had heavy weapons.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

ironmikel