• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2017 6:17 pm
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17741 posts
1320 upvotes
Soty613 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 8:12 am
It was explained in a couple episodes ago that the guns were moved from the camp that Rick/Daryl were attacking. The Kingdom had no idea that outpost had heavy weapons.
At least someone here is actually paying attention. I guess the show has been so bad others here have just been playing it in the background.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
3636 posts
1416 upvotes
Toronto
Soty613 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 8:12 am
It was explained in a couple episodes ago that the guns were moved from the camp that Rick/Daryl were attacking. The Kingdom had no idea that outpost had heavy weapons.
I don't think it matters that the heavy guns were moved. When Dwight and Daryl had their conversation-by-arrow, Dwight told Daryl that the Saviors had heavy guns stored in a safe house somewhere, and Rick, Ezekiel and Maggie presumably made the decision to go get them. Once Ezekiel knew about those guns, the logical assumption would be that he and his army should be on guard against them, regardless of where they were supposed to be stored. You don't walk around in a wide open field in the middle of a war, especially not when you're within firing range of a huge building that hasn't been cleared yet.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
4009 posts
561 upvotes
Aurora
In a post-apocalyptic world, I can understand if F-22's, nuclear submarines, etc, are no longer functioning. They at least have .50 LMGs, but I wonder where the 20mm and 30mm canons are. And grenades and other military explosives. They should be common due to the heavy military presence all around USA in the last days of the outbreak. APC's. Bradley fighting vehicles. These are fairly low tech and should be available - they're not high tech like M1A2 battle tanks using depleted uranium ammo. I've seen one (old) tank (Governor's) and one RPG (Darryl's) and these are the only weapons larger than the 50's. Not a whole lot of firepower in this world when you think about it.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5383 posts
1403 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
DiceMan wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 1:02 pm
They at least have .50 LMGs, but I wonder where the 20mm and 30mm canons are. And grenades and other military explosives. They should be common due to the heavy military presence all around USA in the last days of the outbreak. APC's. Bradley fighting vehicles...Not a whole lot of firepower in this world when you think about it.
Well when you sit back and think about it, our survivors have always been out in rural areas far from urban centers. We can assume that any military presence would have been in the larger urban city centers not in the boonies. Part of surviving would be avoiding areas with large hoards of walkers. This would explain the lack of heavy weapons.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2008
5069 posts
954 upvotes
Whitby
chimaican wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2017 5:45 pm
Well when you sit back and think about it, our survivors have always been out in rural areas far from urban centers. We can assume that any military presence would have been in the larger urban city centers not in the boonies. Part of surviving would be avoiding areas with large hoards of walkers. This would explain the lack of heavy weapons.
Its true there was military in Atlanta; Rick was in a tank...and around the CDC building. The 50 cal didn't much matter used from that building anyway-not like the rounds were going thru cars to take out people. The 50 just blew a bigger hole in the kingdom's group, a lighter machine gun would be just as effective and easier to aim.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
2050 posts
263 upvotes
So they revealed who the crossover character is ......... Morgan?... wonder how the timeline will work? So between season 1 - season 5ish of TWD morgan will wonder off from Gerogia... all the way to west coast?.. then back ?
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17741 posts
1320 upvotes
RPG at close range was kinda fun.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2007
4222 posts
714 upvotes
Episode 6 was a bore. Nothing really happened in this episode. Most of the scenes didn't go anywhere.
-Coral with random stranger he met a few episodes back: Hopefully this builds up to something. We've seen all kinds of character archetypes already. Hope this guy is interesting.

-Carol and the King: Nothing really resolved or moved forward. Ezekiel still feeling down and Carol's visits didn't do anything. The kid following Carol out is more filler

-Rick and the garbage people is the only thing that moved the story forward slightly. Why Rick thinks it's a good idea to go to these people is beyond me.

-Daryl miraculously appeared out of nowhere to stop the loud speaker vehicle. Ok man...perfect timing. Since you stopped them this whole little event has no impact on the overall story.

-More debate between Maggie and Jesus about the captured people...argh....way too much time spent here.

Worst episode of the season so far.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7507 posts
784 upvotes
Victoria
coilz wrote:
Nov 27th, 2017 12:08 am
So they revealed who the crossover character is ......... Morgan?... wonder how the timeline will work? So between season 1 - season 5ish of TWD morgan will wonder off from Gerogia... all the way to west coast?.. then back ?
Unless the West Coast people change location (there was talk of Texas). How long was rick in the coma for when episode 1 started.. I guess FTWD has been on too long now, it can't still be while rick's in the hospital?
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
2050 posts
263 upvotes
zod wrote:
Nov 27th, 2017 10:46 pm
Unless the West Coast people change location (there was talk of Texas). How long was rick in the coma for when episode 1 started.. I guess FTWD has been on too long now, it can't still be while rick's in the hospital?
I believe Rick was in a coma for about a month? Even if the fear people got to texas... what story would they come up with for Morgan to leave Georgia? When Rick went back to look for guns, Morgan seems to have taken over the whole town.

FTWD's timeline probably takes it at least a year if not two years by now. So that's like prison time on the TWD timeline I think?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5383 posts
1403 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
I don't quite get the Morgan crossover. Timeline wise FTWD is ahead of TWD, and Rick met Morgan in episode 1 (S1.01), so this doesn't quite make much sense. It wasn't mentioned prior that Morgan was traveling with Dwayne & his wife. I was always under the impression that when Rick met Morgan & son that they lived in that house (hence his Walker wife's familiarity with the house). Will be interesting to see how the writer's work this one out.

I for one thought the crossover character would have been Abraham, or even Eugene.

I get the creators need to put some seasoned acting talent on FTWD though. That show is dismal and needs help.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
3636 posts
1416 upvotes
Toronto
The crossover could just be something like Madison, Strand, Alicia or Nick deciding to follow the Proctor's idea and heading to Houston, but then getting detoured along the way and going to Georgia - which is where they would cross paths with Morgan. Driving distance between Atlanta and Houston is less than 12 hours, so the characters could easily make that drive in a day or 2 (accounting for blocked highways).

I think the timeline on Fear is still within the first year after the apocalypse, considering we haven't seen a winter yet, so that would line up perfectly with the big void of time after Morgan separates from Rick and before they meet up again when Rick needs weapons to take on the Governor.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
23410 posts
1107 upvotes
Markham, ON
oh man...i jumped the shark big time...i guess its time to claw my way back....just saw the premiere this season. Got a sense it turned too artsy.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
8816 posts
1538 upvotes
Somewhere
im no military man, but im almost certain thats not how bazookas work irl.
:confused: