• Dec 15th, 2017 1:03 pm
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
8818 posts
1538 upvotes
Somewhere
Fabfive wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 8:35 am
But ya what was Ricks plan anyways? Go back to the weirdos and convince them to join him again with what empty threats? They backstabbed him once already hasnt he learned? So now that the weirdos are with Rick again and at the sanctuary whats that gonna do?
I think Rick was backed into a corner when the Kingdom was wiped out and he needed more people to complete his plan. A Plan B, if you will.
:confused:
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
2052 posts
263 upvotes
So Rick and Junk yard people will come save the day at Alexandria ? Those junkyard people wont be as annoying if they'd just talk normally.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19333 posts
1458 upvotes
Hmmmm, a bit of a miscalcuation by Darryl & Co. To ram the truck into the side of the Saviour's building.

I thought the plan was for Darryl to sneak in and kill Negan?

Eugene's flying aircraft with ipod/speaker was an interesting idea but clearly he needs something more powerful to draw the horde of walkers...that puny glider and dinky speaker won't do crap.

I thought Rick woulda had a couple of snipers with him when he went to the Junkyard but he really went alone...lol!

Some weak story writing again...lots of holes....but I'll still watch...

Eugene is a weasel, dood will probably die next!
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2007
4222 posts
715 upvotes
Weak writing but I'm still watching for some reason. Episode 7 was another crappy episode but still better than episode 6.

-Rick in the junkyard fight...there's no tension anymore. Maybe next episode Rick reveals he is superman and flies all the zombies off Earth.

-Way too much time on Eugene who is a character nobody really gives a damn about. The flaws of season 7 are coming back. They need to stop focusing on characters that nobody gives a damn about and focus on the story

-I thought they had snipers surround sanctuary? None of them noticed Eugene and his airplane plan?

-How did Gabriel get hurt? I know him and Negan escaped the walkers....that part was never explained. It's like any character can just magically survive depending on the whims of the creator and they don't need to bother showing you how. I still can't get around how Gabriel and Negan just magically appeared inside sanctuary when the scene before was them being swarmed.

Overall, another episode with crappy pacing and useless filler scenes with no consequence to the overall plot or characters.
Oct 31, 2007
3204 posts
343 upvotes
BananaHunter wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 1:21 pm
-How did Gabriel get hurt? I know him and Negan escaped the walkers....that part was never explained. It's like any character can just magically survive depending on the whims of the creator and they don't need to bother showing you how. I still can't get around how Gabriel and Negan just magically appeared inside sanctuary when the scene before was them being swarmed.
I *think* he is sick from covering himself in dirty zombie guts. Not sure why it would affect him though and not Negan, or any other character that has done the zombie guts technique. Actually at first I thought he was faking it to somehow get the doc back to hill top for Maggie but last episode he genuinely looks sick. To be honest I've been spacing out a bit on these episodes. I do still enjoy watching the show but it's definitely not like it used to be. Curious to see what this weeks mid-season finale shocking moment will be, who's next to die??
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8817 posts
1869 upvotes
Toronto
nufan wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 3:54 pm
I *think* he is sick from covering himself in dirty zombie guts.
This was confirmed on the aftershow
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17747 posts
1322 upvotes
nufan wrote:
Eugene actually said Gabriel got sick from it.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8817 posts
1869 upvotes
Toronto
nufan wrote:
jenviea wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 4:15 pm
This was confirmed on the aftershow
Haz wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 4:56 pm
Eugene actually said Gabriel got sick from it.
Figures I can remember the after show but not the actual episode
Even though the main show hasn't used it as much as Fear I like that they've provided a serious downside to heretofore no brainer strategy
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2004
7220 posts
993 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
I enjoy the show but I feel like this season is disjointed. Every show, I wonder if I missed something last time.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
4009 posts
563 upvotes
Aurora
don242 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 5:23 pm
I enjoy the show but I feel like this season is disjointed. Every show, I wonder if I missed something last time.
I agree. Disjointed is a good way to describe the season. I think the biggest problem is the writing - it's kind of sloppy and the plot just seems to go all over the place and does not jell into a tight, cohesive story. While I understand the end goal of this season is to "win" against the Saviours, I really don't have a solid idea of how that's going, only a vague notion that Rick and Co. seem to be winning (I think).
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5387 posts
1407 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
I agree. I find that this season the writing is poor. This is the first season where my wife and I are eager to watch other shows over this one. They lost their full momentum from last season IMO.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Guru
Jan 31, 2007
11694 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto
so finished season 7 and on season 8 eps 3 now.

Is it just me or Jesus's character is different? In season 7 he was all about getting stuff done but now pretty much is another Morgan
[QUOTE]One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure
[/QUOTE]

PSN: Aznkid2000
3000th post Dec 28 07 9:58pm
10,000 post Jan 17 2011 9:45pm
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
2052 posts
263 upvotes
Wow.. did not see them going this direction at all with the mid season finale cliff hanger.... talking about the last scene obviously
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8817 posts
1869 upvotes
Toronto
The lieutenant in charge of dealing with the Kingdom seems the least jerky of Negan's under bosses

I missed how Maggie got away from Simon (apparently they had an agreement according to an online recap)

The Rick Negan showdown so obviously constructed to drag it out further

Young actor deserves a shot at a different life so good luck at university!