Expired Hot Deals

[eBay.com] Another PayPal 5% back event Nov13-Dec10th - Any user can register!

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 17th, 2013 12:45 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
1647 posts
407 upvotes

[eBay.com] Another PayPal 5% back event Nov13-Dec10th - Any user can register!

I've been waiting for this event - last year I think it ran through the month of December - but it's here early!

Get 5% back on all Paypal purchases (except your first purchase after registering), to a maximum of $20 back per purchase and $200 back overall.

https://www.paypal-promo.com/holidaycaa ... ng=en&c=ob
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Receive 5% cash back on your second purchase and each purchase thereafter through December 10, 2012 (excluding tax and shipping), when you register for the Holidays Made Happier cash back promotion and, make a first purchase from any participating Canada or U.S. merchant using PayPal as the payment method (the “Offer”). Offer begins on November 13, 2012 at 12:00:01am PT and ends December 10, 2012 at 11:59:59 PT (“Offer Period”). In order to receive this Offer you must

1) have a Canadian PayPal account in good standing,
2) receive an email directly from PayPal inviting you to participate in the Offer OR view a banner or marketing message on the PayPal site,
3) register for PayPal cash back rewards, when prompted to do so, using your PayPal primary email address or the email address that you will use to open a Canadian PayPal account, and
4) complete a qualifying purchase using PayPal.

Your second purchase, and each purchase you make thereafter during the Offer Period, will qualify for the Offer. The maximum amount of cash back under this Offer is limited to $20.00 CAD per purchase, and a maximum amount of $200.00 CAD per PayPal account for the entire Offer Period. The cash back will be transferred into your PayPal account on one of the following dates; November 26, 2012, December 18, 2012 or January 30, 2012 based upon your transaction dates, so long as your account is in good standing at the time of transfer.

Excluded transactions from this Offer include, but are not limited to the following: gift certificate payments, gift card purchases, and automatic and/or recurring payments that you have scheduled. If the payment for any purchase is refunded or cancelled at any time, you are not eligible for the Offer. If the payment is refunded after you receive the cash back, PayPal will deduct the cash back amount from your account. PayPal reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify part of, or this entire Offer, at any time without notice, for any reason in its sole discretion. This Offer cannot be resold, transferred or combined with any other offer.
Happy shopping :)

Edit - Answers to some questions.

I believe that most US/Canadian eBay users count as "eligible merchants", but NOT foreign ones. I bought the cheapest item on eBay last time around to get the one item out of the way. Unfortunately, I didn't notice that he was in HK. My second ($300) purchase was the one to trigger the promo. Grrr.

If you think they strictly enforce the "must follow email or click through banner on our side" rule (I'm pretty sure they don't), you can find the banner on the main page www.paypal.ca .

Last time around, the promo ran from Aug9-Sept13 and I got rebates from Paypal starting on Aug29, with the last rebate on Oct19. Just to give an idea of how long it will take for those that haven't done this before.

dealseeker also posted this link showing which stores accept Paypal: https://www.paypal-marketing.ca/where-t ... opping.php

The first payment was made on November 28th (though the notification email came on the 30th). This payment should include all purchases you made (aside from the first purchase) from November 13th to November 25th. No cashback was given for purchases made on the 26th or later.

The second payment was made on December 29th (with confirmation email sent on the 31st). This payment covered my rebates from Nov26 thru Dec9 (my last transaction) and likely covered purchases made on Dec10 - the last day of the promo.

I can also confirm that purchasing items using money already in my Paypal account did not affect eligibility for the 5% rebate (i.e. it's ok to do!), I know this had been asked before.
511 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
8141 posts
307 upvotes
Thanks!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need below items in GTA:
- CT, HD, FS, BB, gas GCs

FS:
Oct 30, 2012
778 posts
207 upvotes
Hamilton
also registered, i m sure it will come in handy :)
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
34287 posts
6253 upvotes
Thanks. Nice find. Which major Canadian online retailers accept paypal?

I know tigerdirect.ca does. TIA.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16509 posts
1482 upvotes
too bad that google play store won't take paypal for all nexus 4 buyers!
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24044 posts
4127 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks

"2) receive an email directly from PayPal inviting you to participate in the Offer OR view a banner or marketing message on the PayPal site,"

Are they strict about this? I saw it on RFD, not from them.
Aug 20, 2012
865 posts
31 upvotes
This looks very interesting. Never tried it before but looking to give it a shot this year.

- Does it work with amazon.ca?
- Is it only retailer only? I know it sounds stupid.. but what about sending money directly to the seller (ie: buying stuff off kijiji with paypal etc.)

Thanks.
× < >