• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2011 5:25 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2008
4704 posts
163 upvotes
Interesting interview with Steve Wozniak - including why he lines up to buy one and his excitement about Siri.

Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23188 posts
2327 upvotes
Singapore
How's the activation process like for the IP4S? Is it the same as the IP4 in which the dealer has to connect the phone to the terminal to activate it?
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
3726 posts
432 upvotes
Quick question,

a friend has a iPhone4s but has to wait 2 days until they get the Rogers microSIM. in the mean time they want to play with the phone but have no microsim (or sim that they can cut) to put in it so they can't activate. is there anything that can be done in the meantime?

Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2008
5064 posts
2638 upvotes
Toronto
Shimso wrote: Quick question,

a friend has a iPhone4s but has to wait 2 days until they get the Rogers microSIM. in the mean time they want to play with the phone but have no microsim (or sim that they can cut) to put in it so they can't activate. is there anything that can be done in the meantime?

Thanks

hmm, the iphone 4s comes with a micro sim and all rogers shops sell them so he can check it out there. Other than that i don't think there is a way, not for the 4s atleast.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9309 upvotes
Shimso wrote: Quick question,

Thanks
Your friend cannot play with the iPhone 4S because it needs a micro sim to activate and further use. In Android you can set up the phone and play with it without the sim card. Another reason why Android is good. Easy to set up out of the box. No software activation unlike iOS.
Blanka
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2005
1705 posts
464 upvotes
Montreal
djemzine wrote: Your friend cannot play with the iPhone 4S because it needs a micro sim to activate and further use. In Android you can set up the phone and play with it without the sim card. Another reason why Android is good. Easy to set up out of the box. No software activation unlike iOS.
iOS5 no longer requires activation with iTunes. Everything can be done from the phone itself.

1 of the benefit of the activation is that when you go to an Apple store it's easier to get your phone replace since they already knows with your serial number until when the warranty is valid.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2006
3863 posts
367 upvotes
Toronto
djemzine wrote: Your friend cannot play with the iPhone 4S because it needs a micro sim to activate and further use. In Android you can set up the phone and play with it without the sim card. Another reason why Android is good. Easy to set up out of the box. No software activation unlike iOS.

um no. i was using my gfs iphone 4s without a sim with no problems at all. it wasn't activated at the time. nice try.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9309 upvotes
stevelam wrote: um no. i was using my gfs iphone 4s without a sim with no problems at all. it wasn't activated at the time. nice try.

Ugh I was talking about setting it up for the first time. It asked me for a micro sim everytime I hit next to finish set up. It wouldn't proceed further.
Blanka
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2007
2921 posts
78 upvotes
I remember reading about being able to ask for a micro-sim from the apple store for free. If all locked ip4Ses all come with a micro-sim, how do we ask for one?
My Feedbacks: My Heatware Ebay
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
3726 posts
432 upvotes
randomkidx wrote: hmm, the iphone 4s comes with a micro sim and all rogers shops sell them so he can check it out there. Other than that i don't think there is a way, not for the 4s atleast.

Thanks

So my final question is that if its registered with a MicroSIM and then shortly thereafter replaced with another SIM, can it be re-registered?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)