Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Jan 5, 2014
289 posts
327 upvotes
Addresses are hard..…
Yup something is up... canceled Monday delivery here too. Tuesday is going to be brutal. But hey they said they cancelled it so we can have a good weekend dinner with our families. Like they care about us being home with our families. So many people said they are calling in a personal day on Tues I bet they try and force us into OT. You know cuz they care about us being with family...
Dec 13, 2016
809 posts
430 upvotes
Slotstuffer wrote: Yup something is up... canceled Monday delivery here too. Tuesday is going to be brutal. But hey they said they cancelled it so we can have a good weekend dinner with our families. Like they care about us being home with our families. So many people said they are calling in a personal day on Tues I bet they try and force us into OT. You know cuz they care about us being with family...
It’s probably as simple as that overtime pay would make people slightly more likely to be willing strike.

Ours isn’t cancelled yet though.

Edit: spoke too soon.. cancelled.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2015
1117 posts
1014 upvotes
York, ON
I do enough OT on my own route. Stopped doing the weekend RDOs last year. Really could not care less.
Dec 13, 2016
809 posts
430 upvotes
tarjet wrote: I do enough OT on my own route. Stopped doing the weekend RDOs last year. Really could not care less.
Sometimes they are double time though. And also parcel only delivery is super easy.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2010
2047 posts
1661 upvotes
Hey guys any other brand other than merrell recommended for summer/winter hiking style shoes for a LC. I bought merrell for $200 they started leaking in 3 months , got a replacement and that started leaking in a month. The csr basically told me tough sh**t as they’ve already given me a replacement which by the way lasted one month.
“There are the people who don’t know, and the people who don’t know that they don’t know”- Treva84
Mar 11, 2016
365 posts
327 upvotes
Toronto
Keen is a good brand, but pricey. Columbia is ok as well. Look out for sales regardless. In this LC job, if you have a pair of shoes that last you six months, you are very lucky my friend.
RFD4LF. 😎
Aug 22, 2010
241 posts
113 upvotes
PtsuckS wrote: Keen is a good brand, but pricey. Columbia is ok as well. Look out for sales regardless. In this LC job, if you have a pair of shoes that last you six months, you are very lucky my friend.
I’m on my 3rd pair of runners since march of this year. Averaging 23000 steps on my walk.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2010
2047 posts
1661 upvotes
PtsuckS wrote: Keen is a good brand, but pricey. Columbia is ok as well. Look out for sales regardless. In this LC job, if you have a pair of shoes that last you six months, you are very lucky my friend.
any models(keen) come to your mind?
“There are the people who don’t know, and the people who don’t know that they don’t know”- Treva84
Mar 11, 2016
365 posts
327 upvotes
Toronto
No specific model names per say, as everyone's foot and feel of the shoe/boot is different. Best thing is to go to Atmosphere, Cabala's, SAIL or even DSW/Shoe Company and try on what they got and go from there. I think Mark's gives CP employees a discount (or at least they used to).
RFD4LF. 😎
Jan 5, 2014
289 posts
327 upvotes
Addresses are hard..…
Three months is about all you get, we just walk to much for what these companies test their product for. Don't wear rain proof shoes on dry days rotate between two pairs for best effectiveness. Dry/wet
Apr 20, 2013
278 posts
122 upvotes
PtsuckS wrote: No specific model names per say, as everyone's foot and feel of the shoe/boot is different. Best thing is to go to Atmosphere, Cabala's, SAIL or even DSW/Shoe Company and try on what they got and go from there. I think Mark's gives CP employees a discount (or at least they used to).
FYI, Sail will replace your shoes no charge if you wear them out within a year! You don't even have to keep the receipt - they record your purchase when you buy them. They have most of the favourite brands as well.

Also, Mark's is giving 25% off now for winter footwear (also SportChek) but you have to get a voucher from your Sup.
May 2, 2012
960 posts
515 upvotes
STONEY CREEK
Slotstuffer wrote: Three months is about all you get, we just walk to much for what these companies test their product for. Don't wear rain proof shoes on dry days rotate between two pairs for best effectiveness. Dry/wet
This is what I do. I use our orthopaedic shoes benefit and orthotics benefit to get set up with a breathable shoe and a goretex shoe. Been using Brooks since March and they’ve still got some life left in them.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2013
1118 posts
735 upvotes
LONDON
Slotstuffer wrote: Yup something is up... canceled Monday delivery here too. Tuesday is going to be brutal. But hey they said they cancelled it so we can have a good weekend dinner with our families. Like they care about us being home with our families. So many people said they are calling in a personal day on Tues I bet they try and force us into OT. You know cuz they care about us being with family...
Our brothers and sisters wouldn’t book off and burden those who show up for work would they?
One thing is certain, volume of parcels is way down. Settle this soon CUPW and Canada Post. Nobody is winning now.
Dec 13, 2016
809 posts
430 upvotes
stalbert1 wrote: Our brothers and sisters wouldn’t book off and burden those who show up for work would they?
One thing is certain, volume of parcels is way down. Settle this soon CUPW and Canada Post. Nobody is winning now.
Volume of parcels hasn’t been noticeably that down in my depot. They are still doing preshift OT on Monday mornings to deal with it. I had 65 scannables on a 300 poc residential route on Monday and it’s early October.

Anyone else notice parcels drop down?
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2013
1118 posts
735 upvotes
LONDON
jmomccxx wrote: Volume of parcels hasn’t been noticeably that down in my depot. They are still doing preshift OT on Monday mornings to deal with it. I had 65 scannables on a 300 poc residential route on Monday and it’s early October.

Anyone else notice parcels drop down?
I had a grand total of 19 today. Mind you that’s on an old school foot walk.
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2008
6315 posts
3092 upvotes
Manitoba
A whole lot of nothing..there should be a max limit on parcels daily for starters...just wait until weed starts moving full force.
Flyer payments should be increased....union shafted the membership big time on that.
Last edited by airmail on Oct 3rd, 2018 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 12, 2017
199 posts
195 upvotes
bigbluesky wrote: I stopped reading after the wage offer. 1.5% is ridiculous. Anyone hired after 2011 is making nothing after deductions.

It is especially galling since they have a program of attempting to block our annual increases.
Then the union should be doing something to reduce their ridiculous union due rate.

Why am I paying the same almost $100/mo due as someone making twice as much as me?
Some on-call employees are getting called only once or twice a week at this time of the year, and the union is taking half of their pay cheque away.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)