[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10422 posts
2110 upvotes
GTA
da_way wrote:
Mar 5th, 2017 12:03 pm
I wished they kept track of over time on splits that aren't our route better.

I keep getting screwed when I cover RLC positions as a temp I'm suppose to get $0.60~ more but they never enter that correctly.
I hate that too. On ESS you're able to see OT on your own route, but not any callbacks. You don't know until paycheck time if you got paid or not.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mar 11, 2016
64 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
Hugh Jass wrote:
Mar 5th, 2017 12:16 pm
I hate that too. On ESS you're able to see OT on your own route, but not any callbacks. You don't know until paycheck time if you got paid or not.
I've had my share of call back hours screwed up and don't bother doing them. I don't like dealing with the BS from mgmt. mistakes. I do notice when it's a force back, never had a screw up with hours owed. I just do my eight, and that's great. :)
Apr 30, 2015
629 posts
410 upvotes
York, ON
mflower wrote:
Mar 5th, 2017 8:47 am
Sorry to hear this.

I'm afraid this kind of mistake, maybe not this bad but happens quite a lot at CP.

Good luck!
Absolutely. I've only been working here 2 years and had my share of pay issues.

The latest was two consecutive days my overtime sheets magically "disappeared". Either the superintendent or one of the supervisors threw them out. Luckily I had photocopies of each and approached the supervisor with a steward and had them re enter the hours. After which I was threatened with an "interview" for something that happened 2 weeks before. Nice place to work!
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10422 posts
2110 upvotes
GTA
tarjet wrote:
Mar 5th, 2017 4:55 pm

The latest was two consecutive days my overtime sheets magically "disappeared". Either the superintendent or one of the supervisors threw them out. Luckily I had photocopies of each and approached the supervisor with a steward and had them re enter the hours. After which I was threatened with an "interview" for something that happened 2 weeks before. Nice place to work!
Golden rule of Canada Post right there. Make copies of EVERYTHING !!!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
May 28, 2016
216 posts
79 upvotes
Montreal, Que
mflower wrote:
Mar 5th, 2017 8:47 am
Sorry to hear this.

I'm afraid this kind of mistake, maybe not this bad but happens quite a lot at CP.

Who really had NO problems ever with payroll if you work at CP? (anyone??)

But since you're still employed, you can see how it goes.

You can pick it up the work here and there avoiding the letter (telling you haven't worked enough for CP, kind of a warning letter) while you work the other job.

Are you a LC?
What did you think about the actual work as LC?
It's really tough, physically and mentally for the first couple of months or even a year to have two jobs (I did this and still kind of doing it) though.

Especially physically, until you get used to all the walking, you're pretty much drained after work.

Not to discourage you or anything but that's kind of the reality of it at least for me.

Good luck!
....And one of the reasons I posted a few (a lot) back about keeping an eye on your pension...Visit the site AND KEEP PDF's .... they still did not finish fixing mine since I brought it to their attention in AUGUST 2016....

on an aside, I know someone who has pay errors fron 2014 which are still not corrected...
You can see your pay stub before the deposit day, I had once a problem..fixed it quickly by calling the bank and blocking the pay deposit...pay was was corrected same week by Wednesday :)

I wake up relatively happy every morning.
Then I interact with people and things begin to change very quickly.

:twisted:
Jan 16, 2017
155 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
tarjet wrote:
Mar 5th, 2017 4:55 pm

OT sheets magically "disappeared" happened sometimes with me!
I even suspected it happened somewhat intentionally because the super really didn't want me to go OT that week but I did (too many parcels, what can I do?) you know some supers are just simply ahole...

But like everyone said, I do keep photocopies of everything, too, so it was fixed after some talk (not fun!)

This wasn't happened at CP, at my former workplace but once I received a pay stub with...nothing!
Not even '0' was entered.
Guess the accountant skipped me Angry Face at least that hasn't happened for me at CP...yet. Fingers crossed! Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
15817 posts
565 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
Speaking of OT sheets, apparently now we have to give a reason and the supervisor writes the reason down for you along with the time you got the sheet?!
PC IS MASTER RACE! ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) VΛ 🆅🅰🅿🅴 🅽🅰🆃🅸🅾🅽 ┏( -_-)┛┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_- )┓ 𝑅𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1019 posts
251 upvotes
Westside
Had several pay errors since I started, missing OT, 3 days training not paid. I finally received what was owed like 2 months later only after involving the union. I never received the 2 hours pay for PDT training even though it was only an hour but regardless it's still my time.
May 21, 2013
689 posts
247 upvotes
Montreal
Just got that letter saying how well we did during parcel season

wonder where that money is going
Oct 16, 2014
992 posts
615 upvotes
igloo, yukon
ksimms3 wrote:
Mar 6th, 2017 7:22 am

Well, first of all, it went to that letter... because the tv's in the depot aren't enough, nor a mentioning at a weekly staff talk. Then it goes to the 22 VP's sitting around that will find ways to turn another profitable year into a crisis.....
Sometimes the truth hurts. The other times it hurts worse....
Mar 14, 2015
228 posts
143 upvotes
timetotellthetruth wrote:
Mar 6th, 2017 5:51 pm
Well, first of all, it went to that letter... because the tv's in the depot aren't enough, nor a mentioning at a weekly staff talk. Then it goes to the 22 VP's sitting around that will find ways to turn another profitable year into a crisis.....
Plenty of money to spend on wacky inflatable tube men with "slippery when icy" written on them going night and day outside the depots. Or Canada Post sponsoring "Dragon's Den".
Apr 30, 2015
629 posts
410 upvotes
York, ON
Your hard work is paying for managements BMWs and new kitchens :)
Jan 16, 2017
155 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
ksimms3 wrote:
Mar 6th, 2017 7:22 am

Maybe spending money to make this kind of video?

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/pages/ ... pdn|cw|752

Around 3:00 one of the casts said 'Canadian Tire did a great booklet' or something and I thought 'ugh!' (I hate that big BOOK!)
and wondering how much CP bribed these people in thIS video to say 'direct mail is great! Test it!'

Well but maybe better than the money goes to the VPs and President's pockets??

*And btw, I clicked the link above and my computer's security program says 'Warning! This site might harm your system. It was blocked for your protection. This website has been identified as a phishing site. Phishing sites trick you into revealing your personal information such as passwords and bank account numbers.'

...Great website you've got, CP! My computer thinks it's a phishing site!! Face With Tears Of Joy
So click it at your own risk!
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
15817 posts
565 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
Oh ya I forgot that during the mini-meeting it was announced we are going to be delivering the Canadian tire booklet thing again in April
PC IS MASTER RACE! ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) VΛ 🆅🅰🅿🅴 🅽🅰🆃🅸🅾🅽 ┏( -_-)┛┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_- )┓ 𝑅𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉
May 21, 2013
689 posts
247 upvotes
Montreal
33966 wrote:
Mar 6th, 2017 8:35 pm
Oh ya I forgot that during the mini-meeting it was announced we are going to be delivering the Canadian tire booklet thing again in April
Do we know the weeks yet? I'm up for bidding vacation soon lol

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 3 guests)

pike18