Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Jan 5, 2014
147 posts
149 upvotes
Edmonton
Then you get a pay decrease upon permenent placement! Good times...
Sep 27, 2009
3 posts
I started in October and got my part time in February. Then surprisingly got my full time in March. Good and bad days but the customers keeps me going. :)
Sep 2, 2011
260 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
4 people got full time a couple of weeks ago at my station. Mind you, my station is probably one of the smallest in GTA... A lot of hiring is happening right now
ichi wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 12:27 am
I started in October and got my part time in February. Then surprisingly got my full time in March. Good and bad days but the customers keeps me going. :)
Oct 25, 2016
63 posts
15 upvotes
montréal
i overheard i was going to get 'evaluated' by a supervisor tomorrow.

i had two people help me today in my route, and only then did i learn that my tie out codes on the directory were all wrong. i mentionned this to the supervisors once or twice and they looked over and said they weren't, yet the directory on the board and the one they gave me did not match. good times. i'm probably going to get fired.
Apr 30, 2015
593 posts
375 upvotes
York, ON
just make sure you do the flyers properly that's all they ever care about
Oct 25, 2016
63 posts
15 upvotes
montréal
thanks ! i always do so that makes me feel a bit better. tmrw is the second third with all my stairs. they're wise ! iirc i have a bit over 400 in the second so nothing crazy.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2008
1707 posts
163 upvotes
Toronto
If you are approaching 480 hours your supervisors will evaluated you based on a written rubric that will take about 5-10 minutes. They are just grading on like satisfactory or unsatisfactory in terms of your ability to learn, ability to work with others, communication etc. I wouldn't sweat it

On street evaluation are done without telling you.
Jan 16, 2017
147 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
vegemite wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 5:51 pm
i overheard i was going to get 'evaluated' by a supervisor tomorrow.

i had two people help me today in my route, and only then did i learn that my tie out codes on the directory were all wrong. i mentionned this to the supervisors once or twice and they looked over and said they weren't, yet the directory on the board and the one they gave me did not match. good times. i'm probably going to get fired.
Yeah I woudn't worry about the evaluation, I haven't even received any evaluation interview or anything.

But if they blame you with that tie out thing, get ready to bring shop steward.
Document whatever they said for the record.
Better yet, just ask shop steward to be with you just in case.

Don't take that BS, it's not your fault that the info is not matched or incorrect.
Nov 19, 2008
199 posts
15 upvotes
York
Hi all, I was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. I'm having surgery done may 10th and my doctor advised me that i'll need two weeks to recover. The staffing officer at my depot told me that there's a form that I can find online called disability leave (I think that's what she said) that I need to have filled out by my doctor. I was told that I would be paid 70% of my wage while recovering.

Has anyone gone through this and know what form I'm talking about and where to find it? I've searched all over intrapost and i can't find anything like that. The only thing I can find is the green "leave and overtime request" form. Thanks for the help!
Mar 14, 2015
207 posts
128 upvotes
mflower wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 8:49 pm
Yeah I woudn't worry about the evaluation, I haven't even received any evaluation interview or anything.

But if they blame you with that tie out thing, get ready to bring shop steward.
Document whatever they said for the record.
Better yet, just ask shop steward to be with you just in case.

Don't take that BS, it's not your fault that the info is not matched or incorrect.
Those probationary reports are nothing but an intimidation tactic. You can have a steward present during the evalutation, and grieve it if it is "unsatisfactory".
Feb 4, 2016
56 posts
14 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
ttthai wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 9:13 pm
Hi all, I was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. I'm having surgery done may 10th and my doctor advised me that i'll need two weeks to recover. The staffing officer at my depot told me that there's a form that I can find online called disability leave (I think that's what she said) that I need to have filled out by my doctor. I was told that I would be paid 70% of my wage while recovering.

Has anyone gone through this and know what form I'm talking about and where to find it? I've searched all over intrapost and i can't find anything like that. The only thing I can find is the green "leave and overtime request" form. Thanks for the help!
I think it is this? https://www.canadapost.ca/employees/doc ... _kit-e.pdf
Jan 16, 2017
147 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
bigbluesky wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 10:25 pm
Those probationary reports are nothing but an intimidation tactic. You can have a steward present during the evalutation, and grieve it if it is "unsatisfactory".
The thing I don't understand is, the new hires don't stay (not blaming them) so CP always need more people all the time, so why the hell they try to scare those poor new people??

But I guess asking something rational thing to CP isn't really rationalDisappointed Face
Aug 17, 2015
86 posts
24 upvotes
Longueuil, QC
Hi all,

Former postie, here.

I worked as a delivery agent for about a year, resigned because I found something else, but find myself missing it and would like to become a DA again.

Anyone know what's involved in rejoining the team? If I reapply, do I have to go through the whole process again? Or would I be fast-tracked and become a DA right away.

Thanks,

BRJ

EDIT: I had done my 480 hours
Aug 17, 2015
86 posts
24 upvotes
Longueuil, QC
BizarroRon wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 11:30 am
Hi all,

Former postie, here.

I worked as a delivery agent for about a year, resigned because I found something else, but find myself missing it and would like to become a DA again.

Anyone know what's involved in rejoining the team? If I reapply, do I have to go through the whole process again? Or would I be fast-tracked and become a DA right away.

Thanks,

BRJ

EDIT: I had done my 480 hours
Just an update. I reached out to the hiring manager that originally hired me and she directed me to apply directly on the site and specified a specific posting...which I did.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)