[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10322 posts
2033 upvotes
GTA
rangeroad07 wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2017 10:25 am
I can't remember what the deal is for Good Friday and Easter Monday? Are they both stat holidays? Thx
Yep

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2008
1098 posts
160 upvotes
rangeroad07 wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2017 10:25 am
I can't remember what the deal is for Good Friday and Easter Monday? Are they both stat holidays? Thx
Yes
Sep 16, 2016
59 posts
12 upvotes
I'm relatively new, I'm trying to find out if we get international travel insurance. My husband is leaving town, and we don't want to purchase travel coverage if we don't have to. Thx.
Oct 16, 2014
951 posts
580 upvotes
Uniondude wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2017 1:37 pm
I'm relatively new, I'm trying to find out if we get international travel insurance. My husband is leaving town, and we don't want to purchase travel coverage if we don't have to. Thx.
depends what you mean by travel insurance. Do you mean on having to cancel your trip, or do you mean Medical insurance etc.... if it is medical, I believe it has been upped to $200,000, but would have to double check...
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
4083 posts
1001 upvotes
Winnipeg
Uniondude wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2017 1:37 pm
Always buy travel insurance. For the 50 to 100$ it is well worth it and would cover many other things that the work plan won't cover.
The .work plan is not very good.
It was only 100k which would not go very far
Sep 16, 2016
59 posts
12 upvotes
timetotellthetruth wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2017 2:34 pm
depends what you mean by travel insurance. Do you mean on having to cancel your trip, or do you mean Medical insurance etc.... if it is medical, I believe it has been upped to $200,000, but would have to double check...
It's for international travel medical emergencies
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10322 posts
2033 upvotes
GTA
Apr 3rd, 2017 5:40 pm
CP annual report for last year must be lost in the mail again...
Busy fudging the numbers

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2009
1334 posts
74 upvotes
richmondhill
could not agree with you more....never seen a company fudge numbers like Canada post....if they are not making money..something is defentely wrong...other corps would just get rid of the guy at the top
Hugh Jass wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2017 6:30 pm
Busy fudging the numbers
Mar 14, 2015
207 posts
128 upvotes
dcjcdc wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2017 9:20 pm
could not agree with you more....never seen a company fudge numbers like Canada post....if they are not making money..something is defentely wrong...other corps would just get rid of the guy at the top
How can you get rid of a god? LOL Even the Prime Minister bows to him.
Dec 5, 2013
75 posts
13 upvotes
ksimms3 wrote:
Apr 1st, 2017 7:55 am
Because it's our incompetent Union that holds back increase in salary for letter carriers since they see us as equals as P04s. Fire them all, bring in Teamsters Canada.

With the bs night routes going on at Ottawa and Laval, our union delegate suggests us to go hound our supervisors and make noise... Then there will be a BBQ next Friday at Laval to show our solidarity... Meanwhile one of the top Union guys is planning a Cuba trip on our dime. If they had any sense, they would take this issue straight to Ottawa and protest. That's where the decisions are coming from, not from the local supervisors desk.
can not agree more.we have to unite all,and fire unions like TTC. it seems union has been borought by Canada Post CEO,they shared the profit and put us at the bottom
Oct 16, 2014
951 posts
580 upvotes
Hugh Jass wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2017 6:30 pm
Busy fudging the numbers
I don't think it will be a great report, even without the "fudging". Most of the "fudging" came as CP spent most of their time telling their customers to go somewhere else, instead of working on a realistic contract.... Only at CP would you have a management team that actually tells their customers not to use them, because they don't want to negotiate. I can already hardly wait for round 2. Or is it 3? 4? 10? I've lost track.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10322 posts
2033 upvotes
GTA
Apr 4th, 2017 1:29 am
I don't think it will be a great report, even without the "fudging". Most of the "fudging" came as CP spent most of their time telling their customers to go somewhere else, instead of working on a realistic contract....
I was joking. I think everyone is aware of what you talk off.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 16, 2017
147 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
I never remembered about the Easter holidays stuff and didn't realize we have both Friday and Monday off!
Woohoo!

But I guess we have to get through that Canadian Tire catalogue stuff first, don't we?
Isn't it for the next week?