Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2009
1334 posts
74 upvotes
richmondhill
rpos ..example shoppers drugmart where you bring parcels and also collect parcels as other things and the red box clearance in the front...yes all motorised...
vegemite wrote:
Apr 12th, 2017 4:30 pm
what are RPOs ? are you guys all motorised ? man, most routes i get are all by foot !! i have heard mtl area is a bit diff. maybe two of my routes, since starting, had CMBs, including one that was ALL CMBs when i agreed to go relief for **** laval ouest but got sent to montery.

RE hours.. if you're new, prepare yourself to cry at the bottom of some stairs or perhaps more cleverly in the inside of an apartment building at several points. they don't make it easy.
Oct 16, 2014
951 posts
580 upvotes
vegemite wrote:
Apr 12th, 2017 4:30 pm
what are RPOs ? are you guys all motorised ? man, most routes i get are all by foot !! i have heard mtl area is a bit diff. maybe two of my routes, since starting, had CMBs, including one that was ALL CMBs when i agreed to go relief for **** laval ouest but got sent to montery.

RE hours.. if you're new, prepare yourself to cry at the bottom of some stairs or perhaps more cleverly in the inside of an apartment building at several points. they don't make it easy.
RPO. Retail postal outlet. Think a "shoppers drug mart", where you can drop off/customers pick up their parcels....
Oct 25, 2016
63 posts
15 upvotes
montréal
ohh, thanks ! we call them sous-bureau and pharmaprix ;). i always hear people shouting about them in the morning but i'm not quite sure what it entails. i've assumed it's what people bring back past 18h with a bar code sticker. it's always the people in the bigger trucks going on about it.

off to watch the game now, hey, hey !! !
Jan 16, 2017
147 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
Since everyone is so passionate about pdt (myself included) and how important itsfunctionality, we should start having a new union for it, right!?

Who is going to volunteer for the president? Anyone?? Winking Face

Anyway, am I the only one thinking 'They (CP) are apologizing and "sincerely regret", yeah right!' every time seeing this bag?
Images
  • upload.jpg
Jan 16, 2017
147 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
Haha yeah, what are they gonna do, give that guy this piece of sh!t?
Maybe the flight ticket should be in this bag and give back to him, saying sorry?
Oct 25, 2016
63 posts
15 upvotes
montréal
Face With Tears Of Joy

so.. i was doing my CT catalogues in fifths and saw my last fifth only had 2 homes (residences ?). so obviously i did them on the spot, i always carry a few extra circs in case of XYZ. well now i have a surplus of like 12 catalogues, after finishing my fourth and fifth fifth, and i don't think the assistant person (idk the english term) who gives them to us messed up, but i also know i didn't mess up. i wrote down every number i passed out during the week and i'm so **** confused. i'm sure they check my circs too so would they not tell me if i **** up ??

that being said : HAVE A GREAT LONG WEEKEND / EASTER ! !
Oct 16, 2014
951 posts
580 upvotes
The chance of getting the right amount of flyers for your route is about nil. Too many...check. Too few.....check. Right amount.....miracle....
May 21, 2013
686 posts
245 upvotes
Montreal
Can Tire next week 2 days! Thank you CP.
Feb 17, 2017
19 posts
2 upvotes
oakville
very surprised canadian tire is still in business...everytime im in there its empyty...i think they can spend better advertising money than the catalogues...as a person that works in advertising....do yous really look at the catologue..didnt think so
ksimms3 wrote:
Apr 13th, 2017 5:19 pm
Can Tire next week 2 days! Thank you CP.
Oct 25, 2016
63 posts
15 upvotes
montréal
how the hell do they break it up in 2 days ? i guess it vaguely helps tuesday will be a big day.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2008
1707 posts
163 upvotes
Toronto
I had a set today that the LCA wrote that it was 11 short. It turned out to be 11 over. Granted I haven't updated my edit book ever.
Feb 4, 2016
56 posts
14 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
For me I'm pretty much doing Pink and Blue day for the them since you have to go to pink day regardless and the wow guides are going to the last bit of your blue day. Then wed I'll be putting them in orange.
vegemite wrote:
Apr 13th, 2017 6:09 pm
how the hell do they break it up in 2 days ? i guess it vaguely helps tuesday will be a big day.
Jan 16, 2017
147 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
Ontario17 wrote:
Apr 13th, 2017 5:36 pm
very surprised canadian tire is still in business...everytime im in there its empyty...i think they can spend better advertising money than the catalogues...as a person that works in advertising....do yous really look at the catologue..didnt think so
I'm thinking the same thing.

Printing all pages in colour isn't cheap, it's nit even magazine, giving away to people for free, paying sh!t load of money to CP to deliver.

But seriously, how many people actually look at that catalogue or buy something??

Then you see their TV commercials everywhere.

Wonder how they get all that money from...
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10322 posts
2033 upvotes
GTA
^^^ Coz 90% of their stuff is Made in China garbage that they buy for pennies and sell at 1000% markup.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)