[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10274 posts
2018 upvotes
GTA
digression wrote:
Apr 11th, 2017 11:17 pm

That being said, I do think the new ones are much better. The ability to easily card multiple items at once is really good. I recently covered a CMB route for 2 months, and being able to scan the CMB and then switch to parcel scanning is a breeze compared to the old way!

How exactly is this done? Is it in the 'Depot scanning' section?

There was a way to do this with the old ones.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nov 10, 2011
284 posts
55 upvotes
Burnaby
Hugh Jass wrote:
Apr 13th, 2017 9:49 pm
How exactly is this done? Is it in the 'Depot scanning' section?

There was a way to do this with the old ones.
I was having the same problems. So after figuring it out it was...

Make sure you're in deliveries
Enroute
Pick "New Stop" dark blue button
At the top is a blue bar, select the 3 dots at the top right. It should have some options but more importantly it should say "all items" and select "card"
A new screen should show up and you can scan the parcel and then the card (or vice versa) as I've noticed.
After it will say reason why and I usually write in not home.

I usually do this since at an apartment I usually get a few parcels and the customers are not home.

I'm just going off hand since I don't have a scanner in front of me to verify my answers.
Oct 25, 2016
63 posts
15 upvotes
montréal
but you can just scan the bar code then the sticky one without even doing anything. what does grouping them help with ? i only go into 'new stop' if i have a package that fits into the mailbox or XYZ (we're not allowed to leave anything in a 'safe location' here) and doesn't need a signature. i do find it annoying that it doesn't recognise when it DOES NOT need a signature and if you forget to do new stop. why ? anyway, for signatures shit, i find it great, just scan the original thing then the sticky one. done.
Last edited by vegemite on Apr 14th, 2017 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10274 posts
2018 upvotes
GTA
gong_8 wrote:
Apr 14th, 2017 2:06 pm
I was having the same problems. So after figuring it out it was...

Make sure you're in deliveries
Enroute
Pick "New Stop" dark blue button
At the top is a blue bar, select the 3 dots at the top right. It should have some options but more importantly it should say "all items" and select "card"
A new screen should show up and you can scan the parcel and then the card (or vice versa) as I've noticed.
After it will say reason why and I usually write in not home.

I usually do this since at an apartment I usually get a few parcels and the customers are not home.

I'm just going off hand since I don't have a scanner in front of me to verify my answers.
Oh ok, same screen setup as the depot scanning screen. Good to know, cheers.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 16, 2017
132 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
Hope you're all enjoying the weekend!

But anyone will work on this Monday?
I know it's a off day for the most of us but heard there will be some parcel run?
Apr 20, 2013
204 posts
87 upvotes
mflower wrote:
Apr 16th, 2017 12:08 am

I know it's a off day for the most of us but heard there will be some parcel run?
Only in "major urban centres" apparently. My depot was denied.
Jan 16, 2017
132 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
digression wrote:
Apr 16th, 2017 12:17 am
Only in "major urban centres" apparently. My depot was denied.
Ya, was wondering that...guess so Tuesday's gonna to be lighter.

I thought about signing up but didn't.
Needed as much rest 'cause my walk right now is a stairmasterRunner!

I thought I'm pretty fit but seriously how do people survive all that stairs' walks??
I was delivering CT flyers this week and those stairs were killing me!!
Oct 16, 2014
924 posts
569 upvotes
mflower wrote:

I don't believe there is any parcel delivery. They are having the depot support staff come in on monday to sort the parcels to the walks on both Monday and Tuesday. Yes, Tuesday is going to suck for all the carriers.
May 2, 2012
544 posts
191 upvotes
STONEY CREEK
timetotellthetruth wrote:
Apr 16th, 2017 1:55 am
I don't believe there is any parcel delivery. They are having the depot support staff come in on monday to sort the parcels to the walks on both Monday and Tuesday. Yes, Tuesday is going to suck for all the carriers.
Hamilton has parcel delivery and RPO clearances Monday. I think it varies region to region.
May 21, 2013
678 posts
239 upvotes
Montreal
In the greater Montreal region there will also be parcel delivery and mail collection.
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2009
1325 posts
74 upvotes
richmondhill
our depot has it just parcels and rpo ....just make sure you have gas in the vehicale,,last time we delivered on double time...supervisor goes, really why are you filling up the vehicle on double time...hmm because im low on gas.....geeze... talking about a nickel and dime corporation
mflower wrote:

Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10274 posts
2018 upvotes
GTA
I'm doing parcels tomorrow. Hard to pass up double-time, might be the last time before they use PT/terms for weekend delivery. I'll only do 5hrs or something.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mar 11, 2016
54 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
Our station has nada OT for Monday. Tuesday will be a doozy for OT. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Apr 30, 2015
569 posts
361 upvotes
York, ON
I'm doing parcel delivery tomorrow, hard to pass that up in the nice weather. Gonna take my sweet time.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

ksimms3