Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
15803 posts
561 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
Darn you folks and your parcel delivery! I tried to sign up but a lot of people signed up and when I saw the list I didn't make the cut for parcel delivery! Oh well!
PC IS MASTER RACE! ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) VΛ 🆅🅰🅿🅴 🅽🅰🆃🅸🅾🅽 ┏( -_-)┛┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_- )┓ 𝑅𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉
Jun 11, 2012
92 posts
14 upvotes
Montreal
Is tomorrow double time pay all day? Even for Po-4?
Mar 14, 2015
207 posts
128 upvotes
When are they likely to start using pt/terms for weekend delivery? I'm FT now, but asking on behalf of friends.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10322 posts
2033 upvotes
GTA
bigbluesky wrote:
Apr 16th, 2017 9:29 pm
When are they likely to start using pt/terms for weekend delivery? I'm FT now, but asking on behalf of friends.
Lead up to Christmas. I'd say starting early-mid November.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 16, 2017
147 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
Hugh Jass wrote:
Apr 16th, 2017 10:05 pm
Lead up to Christmas. I'd say starting early-mid November.
Ahhhh! Now you all make me regret not signed up for tomorrow's double pay!!Winking Face

Well guess Tuesday's gonna be still busy so I'll be more likely go OT to collect some extra Money Bag then.

If you're not working tomorrow, enjoy guys and ladies!
Oct 16, 2014
951 posts
580 upvotes
Annual report still MIA. It is now in the latter half of April. Seriously. It is almost embarrassing already. :facepalm:
Mar 14, 2015
207 posts
128 upvotes
timetotellthetruth wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 2:08 am
Annual report still MIA. It is now in the latter half of April. Seriously. It is almost embarrassing already. :facepalm:
Another important thing still missing is the long-awaited national review into Canada Post, and the government's decision which direction to take it.
Jan 16, 2017
147 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
So, today I was caught by one of couriers that I know (who picks up BRMs at the stations) and told me he waited 40 mins to get his mail at one station he went.

Apparently the staff handing out the mail doesn't know how to use the new pdt. (I think the courier guy said 'scanner' though)

And he said lots of guys were pretty pissed off, one of them asked to talk to supervisor saying 'so what should I tell my boss/clients why I'm so late today? What is the reason?' and the supervisor just said 'It's Canada Post's delay' or something but that didn't satisfy the guy so he pressed it more 'delay of what? some technical issues?'

Then the answer was...'Because of a new staff' Smirking Face

But apparently the staff has been there here and there for a while.

And everyone there was like 'but didn't she already got the training??'

So the guy asked me 'Is your supervisor refused to say sorry?' Face With Tears Of Joy

Haha!! I said to him 'Well now you've got a little taste of life at CP, friend!'
Apr 30, 2015
593 posts
375 upvotes
York, ON
I just noticed my staffing supervisor has been shorting me on my overtime hours for the past for weeks. Instead of putting my actual end of day time that I write down, they've been putting in the time the end of day supervisor writes down on the top of the sheet (that there isnt even a place for on the form). So I've been shorted about 2 hours over a long period of time because that time doesn't include my end of day activities between when I ask for the sheet and when I am actually done.

Really makes me wonder how many other people in the station have had this done. 5-10 minutes stolen from everyone at the 3 stations they supervise adds up to a lot of money. Amazing how low supervisors will sink. I have copys of everything so it was easy to get paid.

ALWAYS make a copy of your overtime sheets and check it every. single. week.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10322 posts
2033 upvotes
GTA
tarjet wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 6:32 pm
I just noticed my staffing supervisor has been shorting me on my overtime hours for the past for weeks. Instead of putting my actual end of day time that I write down, they've been putting in the time the end of day supervisor writes down on the top of the sheet (that there isnt even a place for on the form). So I've been shorted about 2 hours over a long period of time because that time doesn't include my end of day activities between when I ask for the sheet and when I am actually done.

Really makes me wonder how many other people in the station have had this done. 5-10 minutes stolen from everyone at the 3 stations they supervise adds up to a lot of money. Amazing how low supervisors will sink. I have copys of everything so it was easy to get paid.

Simple solution is to get the sheet when you're finished everything else, on your way out the door.

The reason they started putting the time on the sheet is because people were abusing it.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Apr 30, 2015
593 posts
375 upvotes
York, ON
The thing is.. it takes 5 minutes just fill the goddamn thing out, it's a book.

If they think someone is abusing it.. fine, interview them. Not okay to short someone minutes on OT and ignore what they are putting on their sheet.
Oct 25, 2016
63 posts
15 upvotes
montréal
some horror stories.. i suppose i'm not surprised.

seems to be they're off my case and onto another poor guy, now. the intimidation job they do on new hires is such crap. i don't want to be coddle, but i didn't sign up to the goddamn army.
Jan 16, 2017
147 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
vegemite wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 7:00 pm
some horror stories.. i suppose i'm not surprised.

seems to be they're off my case and onto another poor guy, now. the intimidation job they do on new hires is such crap. i don't want to be coddle, but i didn't sign up to the goddamn army.
They always do this sh!t with newbies.
I was targeted for some reason for a while when I started, too.
Probably bacause I wasn't taking their BS so they pushed it harder to make me feel intimidated.

But when you start, the job itself is too much to deal with, then they add that stupid BS and bullying, that just breaks lots of poor new people.

This really makes me mad.
I sometimes help new people from supervisors' BS but of course that makes me a target.

But the key is, do not get intimidated.
I know it's hard but their words are pretty much empty lies to threaten you so whenever they try to pull that sh!t telling you suspension or interview or simple complain, just say 'Well in that case, I'm just going to call the union'.
Feb 17, 2017
19 posts
2 upvotes
oakville
simple..bonus money for the supervisor
tarjet wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 6:32 pm

Mar 14, 2015
207 posts
128 upvotes
They pull this crap with anyone who doesn't do these crazy routes perfectly and who isn't willing to pull 12 hour days without complaint.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)