Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Jan 13, 2013
122 posts
32 upvotes
Vancouver
Does anyone have any ideas for an alternative to our terrible uniform shirts? This will be my 11th summer of sweating my gonads off in these cheap pieces of crap. I'm especially going to feel it this year because the new routes are brutal. I'm considering either modifying the current shirts with something like a mesh insert or just hunting for something cooler that looks similar enough to our stuff. It's ridiculous that I have to pay for this but I run hotter than most people. I'm thinking I'm going to need to slog 4 litres of water with me this year (non-PT station).
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10313 posts
2033 upvotes
GTA
biggerthanfun wrote:
May 4th, 2017 8:19 pm
Does anyone have any ideas for an alternative to our terrible uniform shirts? This will be my 11th summer of sweating my gonads off in these cheap pieces of crap. I'm especially going to feel it this year because the new routes are brutal. I'm considering either modifying the current shirts with something like a mesh insert or just hunting for something cooler that looks similar enough to our stuff. It's ridiculous that I have to pay for this but I run hotter than most people. I'm thinking I'm going to need to slog 4 litres of water with me this year (non-PT station).
I find the golf shirts they supply aren't bad, but with the satchel strap, they start to smell on hot days.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
May 16, 2006
61 posts
14 upvotes
biggerthanfun wrote:
May 4th, 2017 8:19 pm
wear anything you want with the reflective vest on top
Jan 16, 2017
147 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
biggerthanfun wrote:
May 4th, 2017 8:10 pm

Haha, nice one! Exactly what I was imagining!
Last edited by mflower on May 5th, 2017 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 30, 2017
44 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know if its possible to get reduced hours such as working 4 days instead of 5 with a medical note, as a full timer? Would the corp honour it with a doctors note, or would they make me go on STD or something similar to it.
Jul 11, 2011
751 posts
447 upvotes
Ontario
Shafted1 wrote:
May 5th, 2017 1:09 pm
Anyone know if its possible to get reduced hours such as working 4 days instead of 5 with a medical note, as a full timer? Would the corp honour it with a doctors note, or would they make me go on STD or something similar to it.
Modified duties after a medical leave would normally allow for a shortened work day, not a shortened work week.

Taking every Friday off might be a hard sell!
Jan 16, 2017
147 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
Well, I hope everybody stayed dry today (if you're in Southern Ontario!).

Me, soaked wet, today was full of those ULINE catalogues...Ouch!
Some got wet and got heavy in my satchel...
And to make it a better day, my foot got into a ditch which is a dirty puddle, my new sneaker was pumping out excess dirty water Face With Tears Of Joy
and now looking like 3 years old pair without washing.
Why did I start wearing the new ones in a rainy week like this??

So, like I said, hope everyone is dried now, tomorrow (I mean Monday) is a new day and have a great weekend despite the rain!
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10313 posts
2033 upvotes
GTA
mflower wrote:
May 5th, 2017 5:06 pm
Well, I hope everybody stayed dry today (if you're in Southern Ontario!).

Me, soaked wet, today was full of those ULINE catalogues...Ouch!
Some got wet and got heavy in my satchel...
And to make it a better day, my foot got into a ditch which is a dirty puddle, my new sneaker was pumping out excess dirty water Face With Tears Of Joy
and now looking like 3 years old pair without washing.
Why did I start wearing the new ones in a rainy week like this??

So, like I said, hope everyone is dried now, tomorrow (I mean Monday) is a new day and have a great weekend despite the rain!
I found Monday was worse than today, there were heavier periods on Monday, whereas today was more a constant drizzle. I put on my winter boots today and my feet were bone dry. I actually stepped out of the stepvan right into a deep puddle and expected a wet foot but never happened :) :)

Part and parcel of being a postie.

I had my Uline's yesterday. Gotta love 'em.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 16, 2017
147 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
Hugh Jass wrote:
May 5th, 2017 6:03 pm
I found Monday was worse than today, there were heavier periods on Monday, whereas today was more a constant drizzle. I put on my winter boots today and my feet were bone dry. I actually stepped out of the stepvan right into a deep puddle and expected a wet foot but never happened :) :)

Part and parcel of being a postie.

I had my Uline's yesterday. Gotta love 'em.
ULINE is much thicker than CanTire magazine...

I should've worn winter boots like you said! What was I thinking!?
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10313 posts
2033 upvotes
GTA
mflower wrote:
May 5th, 2017 6:36 pm
ULINE is much thicker than CanTire magazine...

I should've worn winter boots like you said! What was I thinking!?
I learned my lesson Monday. Feet were soaked. Ew.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mar 11, 2016
62 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
I also thought Monday's GTA rain was worse for than today. Long live Goretex boots btw! Too bad the boots did not save me from slipping hard on Monday! :facepalm: Crying Face Bloody whole winter not even a slip and Mondays rain + slippery concrete = pain. Disappointed Face
Jan 16, 2017
147 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
PtsuckS wrote:
May 5th, 2017 10:16 pm
I also thought Monday's GTA rain was worse for than today. Long live Goretex boots btw! Too bad the boots did not save me from slipping hard on Monday! :facepalm: Crying Face Bloody whole winter not even a slip and Mondays rain + slippery concrete = pain. Disappointed Face
Was sick and had to take a personal day on Monday so I was spared...but not today's.

Hope you're ok!
May 2, 2012
549 posts
193 upvotes
STONEY CREEK
StergMTL wrote:
May 4th, 2017 4:42 pm
Do on-call PO4's who work in the plants get uniforms after their 480 hour probation?
It depends what section you're in. Distribution gets a better selection than most.
Mar 11, 2016
62 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
mflower wrote:
May 5th, 2017 10:28 pm
Was sick and had to take a personal day on Monday so I was spared...but not today's.

Hope you're ok!
Thanks and yeah, all good. :)
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10313 posts
2033 upvotes
GTA
PtsuckS wrote:
May 5th, 2017 10:16 pm
haha ( sorry)

I find the worst thing is wet pressure treated wood, that stuff is terrible.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)