( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mar 11, 2016
52 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
Hugh Jass wrote:
May 6th, 2017 8:27 am
haha ( sorry)

I find the worst thing is wet pressure treated wood, that stuff is terrible.
Yeah, that shit is bad too. A few houses from where I tumbled, a customer has a porch made of PTW. :rolleyes: Good thing I have a fat ass! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10229 posts
2000 upvotes
GTA
PtsuckS wrote:
May 6th, 2017 12:22 pm
Yeah, that shit is bad too. A few houses from where I tumbled, a customer has a porch made of PTW. :rolleyes: Good thing I have a fat ass! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
I learned the hard way too. Was cutting between houses and they had a raised piece of pt wood as a divider, I stepped on it at an angle and *whoosh*. Have had a couple of close calls since.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 16, 2017
110 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
Hugh Jass wrote:
May 6th, 2017 1:31 pm
I learned the hard way too. Was cutting between houses and they had a raised piece of pt wood as a divider, I stepped on it at an angle and *whoosh*. Have had a couple of close calls since.
These conversations remind me of last summer, there's this wacky place, they have a mailbox next to the side door and there's a water valve, too and they have patio stones just for that area.

The stones were wet when I was delivering and boom! slipped and hit pretty badly on them. OUCH!!!
The house owner came out from the back and saw me there and guess what, the next day I was called by my supervisor telling me the house owner complained that I cracked one of the stones!

But I DID remember there was already a crack even before the incident so I protested but not that I had a picture or anything to prove...
I went to the house the next day and talked to the owner, he was like 'don't worry about it, it's all good' so he probably wanted to see if he can get something out of it??
Like expecting CPC pays for the replacement of the stone???

People are weird, man!
Jan 16, 2017
110 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
tarjet wrote:
May 6th, 2017 11:09 pm
sounds like a real *******
Haha, you bet!
I've seen him before that and never really liked him, always complaining about something...
But hey, we always see lots of interesting characters, which makes our job somewhat interesting, without them, it'd be soooo boring! Face With Stuck-out Tongue
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10229 posts
2000 upvotes
GTA
^Suspend mail until box is put at the front :)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 16, 2017
110 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
Hugh Jass wrote:
May 7th, 2017 8:17 am
^Suspend mail until box is put at the front :)
You know, I was thinking the same thing and asked about that to the supervisor but he said I can't do that! Ugh!
Oct 16, 2014
893 posts
552 upvotes
mflower wrote:
May 7th, 2017 8:32 am
You know, I was thinking the same thing and asked about that to the supervisor but he said I can't do that! Ugh!
Your supervisor is ......soft. The canada post code states that the mailbox must not be further than the front door. I once had a man that wanted to move their box to the back door. I said you can't. My supervisor was "soft". I said fine. I will tell all my customers that we are allowing them to have back yard delivery, and every one that changes will be sending out a supervisor to increase my time values. Guess what decision was made then?........
Jan 16, 2017
110 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
timetotellthetruth wrote:
May 7th, 2017 12:55 pm
Your supervisor is ......soft. The canada post code states that the mailbox must not be further than the front door. I once had a man that wanted to move their box to the back door. I said you can't. My supervisor was "soft". I said fine. I will tell all my customers that we are allowing them to have back yard delivery, and every one that changes will be sending out a supervisor to increase my time values. Guess what decision was made then?........
Haha, yes, yes, I hear you!
Mind you that I don't own this walk or anything.
If it's my walk, I'd defnitely press harder.
Seriously I have no idea why the walk owner doesn't complain about that.
May 28, 2016
216 posts
79 upvotes
Montreal, Que
Anyone hear of anything new concerning Bill c-27 ???...

I wake up relatively happy every morning.
Then I interact with people and things begin to change very quickly.

:twisted:
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2009
1311 posts
71 upvotes
richmondhill
http://www.torontosun.com/2017/05/11/to ... -on-strike

wow Toronto zoo employees 100 sick days a year and they want 8 percent raise over next couple of years...
wow ..over the last 3 years my paycheck at Canada post went up 10 dollars a week and 7 personal days a year....
sorry Toronto zoo employees not feeling the love...
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
4030 posts
977 upvotes
Winnipeg
dcjcdc wrote:
May 11th, 2017 7:51 pm
http://www.torontosun.com/2017/05/11/to ... -on-strike

wow Toronto zoo employees 100 sick days a year and they want 8 percent raise over next couple of years...
wow ..over the last 3 years my paycheck at Canada post went up 10 dollars a week and 7 personal days a year....
sorry Toronto zoo employees not feeling the love...
100 sick days a year...must be a typo.
Cupw is to focused on future employees, deadbeats and the rural side.
What a 12 cent raise not good enough for you? As the competition couriers will be making almost ten dollars more an hour than cpc delivery agents in 4 years.
Apr 30, 2015
550 posts
346 upvotes
York, ON
Probably bankable sick days accumulated over many years just like Canada Post had before 2011. Many employees had hundreds of sick days banked up from what they've told me. It's just a quote in a sun article, which is some of the least trustworthy reporting around.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel