Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Jan 16, 2017
132 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
fishingaddict17 wrote:
May 15th, 2017 9:51 pm
First day of Eclipse at our depot today. Got a call from the staffing sup, not Eclipse, to come in for a sort and 2 pcs. On my way in, Eclipse calls. I find a place to pull over and call back immediately (within 1 min). "The callback delay for your assignment has expired." Lol. I tell the sup when I go in. "We're still working out some kinks..." While I'm tying out, Eclipse calls again offering an assignment. Sup says to accept it, so I did. Get a call immediately after from a private #. I let it go to VM. It's a message from CP to let me know that there is no assignment and not to go in. They leave a callback # and ask that I call ASAP! The callback # they left is some random guys house. First day of Eclipse at our depot today. Off to a great start!
Hahahahaha! Oh I've been there!

They've been using this piece of shit for how long? A year or so?
And still working to figure things out??

Sometimes I feel like CPC just doing this on purpose to torture us and have fun to see us frustrated!
Nov 4, 2011
8 posts
MARKHAM
Did you get any calls this week?

Do you feel it's more consistent the longer you work?
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10274 posts
2019 upvotes
GTA
fishingaddict17 wrote:
First day of Eclipse at our depot today. Got a call from the staffing sup, not Eclipse, to come in for a sort and 2 pcs. On my way in, Eclipse calls. I find a place to pull over and call back immediately (within 1 min). "The callback delay for your assignment has expired." Lol. I tell the sup when I go in. "We're still working out some kinks..." While I'm tying out, Eclipse calls again offering an assignment. Sup says to accept it, so I did. Get a call immediately after from a private #. I let it go to VM. It's a message from CP to let me know that there is no assignment and not to go in. They leave a callback # and ask that I call ASAP! The callback # they left is some random guys house. First day of Eclipse at our depot today. Off to a great start!
Keep detailed notes of all of this, just in case it comes back to bite you. F*kin clown show.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10274 posts
2019 upvotes
GTA
babonk2 wrote:
May 16th, 2017 7:02 am

The longer you are there, the higher up the seniority pole you, thus you get more ( and better 'quality') work.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sep 27, 2015
48 posts
5 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
babonk2 wrote:
May 16th, 2017 7:02 am

If you are assigned to a busy zone you might get more calls. They might ask you to bid on a specific zone/depot after a year or so.
"Just do small things with great love." - Saint Teresa of Calcutta
Oct 25, 2016
63 posts
15 upvotes
montréal
they seperated our lists here in montréal from 5 to like, by depot. older LCs tell me they used to seperate in east/west, then they made 5 lists with a few depots on each, and now we're all assigned to a specific depot. i'm not fully into it, and the union is taking up on it, so i guess nothing to do until someone decides something.

i know that suburbs and such have way less calls than anyone working in the city. i def asked the supervisors how high i'd be up on the on-call/AO/term lists they have, which helped in picking my depot. i've kept in contact with some people i trained with that don't even get called once a month. we were clearly told that the 'entry' (i mean to become perm) for montréal was, well, in the city. the lower end of seniority has 20+ years in a suburb depot like repentigny (north shore)..
Jan 16, 2017
132 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
I got a gift from one of my business customers today.

A box full of...

...elastic band

...ahhh, thanks, buddy!

This happened earlier in the day and I really didn't want to stick this extra box into my Transit but the customer is like 'There! Now Canada Post can reuse them and I'll help you guys to save money!' so I didn't want to be rude.

Did this happen to anyone?
When I brought the box to my supervisor, he looked at (and treated) me like I'm an a$$hole and said don't accept it next time or something but eventually took the box.

Love when your customer sounds like willing to help our company more than the actual managementSmirking Face
Apr 30, 2015
570 posts
361 upvotes
York, ON
fishingaddict17 wrote:
Hilarious, make sure you write all the details down of what happened.

It's funny until your job is threatened because of the idiotic system they came up with.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10274 posts
2019 upvotes
GTA
mflower wrote:
May 16th, 2017 3:54 pm
I got a gift from one of my business customers today.

A box full of...

...elastic band

...ahhh, thanks, buddy!

This happened earlier in the day and I really didn't want to stick this extra box into my Transit but the customer is like 'There! Now Canada Post can reuse them and I'll help you guys to save money!' so I didn't want to be rude.

Did this happen to anyone?
When I brought the box to my supervisor, he looked at (and treated) me like I'm an a$$hole and said don't accept it next time or something but eventually took the box.

Love when your customer sounds like willing to help our company more than the actual managementSmirking Face
Happened me a few times. Conversely, others have asked for them as they're so handy ;)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Apr 30, 2015
570 posts
361 upvotes
York, ON
Old ladies love those elastics. I don't know what they do with them but I've had them nearly run me over getting out of the truck asking for them.
Jan 16, 2017
132 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
tarjet wrote:
May 16th, 2017 6:22 pm
Old ladies love those elastics. I don't know what they do with them but I've had them nearly run me over getting out of the truck asking for them.
Because they're much thicker than the regular ones?
But yeah what are they going to do, I gave no idea!
May 14, 2017
4 posts
Mississauga
Flyhigh22 wrote:
May 15th, 2017 8:02 pm
For me, I was assigned as temporary LC at GTA West, then I got transferred to SCLPP as part-time P04 in a year and half, and transferred to GTA East as full-time LC in almost 2 years. As temporary LC, you get the chance of getting call in for part-time or full-time.
as i heard, you hav no chance to get any calls for a part of full time job as a temp!! unless you submit transfer form (even if you are not moving) and mention the desire job type. by this only you will visible for any coming up opportunity... is that right?? and where i should apply for it? and where i should submit it?
May 14, 2017
4 posts
Mississauga
mflower wrote:
May 15th, 2017 9:50 pm
You need to fill a form and file to be hired as permanent. Otherwise you'll be temp or casual forever.

Talk to supervisor to get the form.
Or ask shop steward.

And it really depends where you are, how fast the list moves to be a perm.

More people retire in your zone then you'll be perm faster.
what is this form called plz??????????????????????
May 14, 2017
4 posts
Mississauga
mflower wrote:
May 15th, 2017 10:00 pm
Hahahahaha! Oh I've been there!

They've been using this piece of shit for how long? A year or so?
And still working to figure things out??

Sometimes I feel like CPC just doing this on purpose to torture us and have fun to see us frustrated!
haha.. same here with same feeling
Jan 16, 2017
132 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
AhmedM432980 wrote:
May 16th, 2017 7:00 pm
what is this form called plz??????????????????????
I don't remember the form name...anyone?

But you can just talk to supervisors and they should know.
If, for some reasonb they're giving you a hard time with this, ask shop steward.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

deelogic, ksimms3