Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Apr 30, 2017
8 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
AhmedM432980 wrote:
May 16th, 2017 7:00 pm
what is this form called plz??????????????????????
CUPW-UPO Application Request Form
Sep 27, 2015
47 posts
5 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
AhmedM432980 wrote:
May 16th, 2017 6:57 pm
as i heard, you hav no chance to get any calls for a part of full time job as a temp!! unless you submit transfer form (even if you are not moving) and mention the desire job type. by this only you will visible for any coming up opportunity... is that right?? and where i should apply for it? and where i should submit it?
If you are an on call temporary LC, you have chances to cover either part-time or full-time routes. You submit transfer form only if you want to become permanent employee. You can get the application form from your supervisor (make sure you get a copy as well).
"Just do small things with great love." - Saint Teresa of Calcutta
Oct 25, 2016
60 posts
14 upvotes
montréal
LOLlll !! giving you back elastics ?! damn. i have a hard time even just picking up random elastics i drop (and i doubt most pick them up, given that i seem to have a radar to spot them around anywhere i go now, and they are EVERYWHERE). i've definetly given huge handfuls away, especially during routes where i had CMBs / old people homes. i empty my bag out of letters / extra flyers when i come back but i never bother with the elastics and i end up with an absurd amount in my bag, in my car, in my life..

sometimes my hands smell like elastics.. gross. but not any grosser than how disgustingly dirty my hands are after a shift ! to think that i used to sit at a desk, prime and pristine, as an admin assistant.. !
Jan 16, 2017
110 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
vegemite wrote:
May 17th, 2017 12:23 pm
LOLlll !! giving you back elastics ?! damn. i have a hard time even just picking up random elastics i drop (and i doubt most pick them up, given that i seem to have a radar to spot them around anywhere i go now, and they are EVERYWHERE). i've definetly given huge handfuls away, especially during routes where i had CMBs / old people homes. i empty my bag out of letters / extra flyers when i come back but i never bother with the elastics and i end up with an absurd amount in my bag, in my car, in my life..

sometimes my hands smell like elastics.. gross. but not any grosser than how disgustingly dirty my hands are after a shift ! to think that i used to sit at a desk, prime and pristine, as an admin assistant.. !
Haha, yup, I'm not a big fan of that smell either!
I used to work at this company which deals quite amount of mail (that basically made me thinking of working at CPC, seeing and talking to several LCs delivering to work) and gee, I felt filthy after touching all the mail the whole day!

And that still doesn't change, now I deal more mail than beforeGrinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Mar 14, 2015
190 posts
117 upvotes
Those things fray like crazy after being used a few times. Like something else composed of rubber, they are to be used only once. LOL
Apr 20, 2013
202 posts
85 upvotes
mflower wrote:
May 16th, 2017 3:54 pm
I got a gift from one of my business customers today.

A box full of...

...elastic band

...ahhh, thanks, buddy!
I had a receptionist at a dentist's office once give me back elastic bands. She had wound them up into a ball. It was bigger than a softball, and near perfectly round - bounced almost perfectly.

My first thought was "Wow - this lady has way too much free time at work!" :)
Jan 16, 2017
110 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
digression wrote:
May 17th, 2017 10:40 pm
I had a receptionist at a dentist's office once give me back elastic bands. She had wound them up into a ball. It was bigger than a softball, and near perfectly round - bounced almost perfectly.

Funny, I was talking to my co-worker and then he started trying to make a ball, too!
And he said we can play with this but I thought 'Sure, as if we have that kind of time!' not only playing with it but even to make a ball!

Do you actually try to use the elastic bands out of the ball?Winking Face
Oct 25, 2016
60 posts
14 upvotes
montréal
reminds me of the 'older generation' making aluminium (?) balls out of those inserts in cigarette packs.

i actually met the LC, in my depot, who came to my office daily when i was admin ! so strange, lol. he recognised me too. we def always kept the elastics to just tie out our outgoing mail, which he graciously took back without cost :p.

the grossest elastics are the ones LCs tie around certain keys. i def appreciate the gesture (have found out it's the 'main' key etc, either for grey boxes, CMBs, apts) but they get so disgusting and stiff !

and those were my feelings about blue elastics.

in other news, i am working second wave from tuesday to monday, woo hoo !
Jan 16, 2017
110 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
vegemite wrote:
May 18th, 2017 9:41 am
reminds me of the 'older generation' making aluminium (?) balls out of those inserts in cigarette packs.

i actually met the LC, in my depot, who came to my office daily when i was admin ! so strange, lol. he recognised me too. we def always kept the elastics to just tie out our outgoing mail, which he graciously took back without cost :p.

the grossest elastics are the ones LCs tie around certain keys. i def appreciate the gesture (have found out it's the 'main' key etc, either for grey boxes, CMBs, apts) but they get so disgusting and stiff !

and those were my feelings about blue elastics.

in other news, i am working second wave from tuesday to monday, woo hoo !
Hey! That happened to me, too!
When I started having interest working at CPC, I asked a bunch of questions to one LC and he was really nice and answered to my questions.
He didn't recommend to work at CPC Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes but I applied anyway!
And I met him after 2 years or so since he transferred to different station even before I started working at CPC.
Seeing him again was kind of surreal but it was nice!

And hey, vegemite, nice to know you're so enthusiastic about working! Winking Face
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
4030 posts
977 upvotes
Winnipeg
digression wrote:
May 17th, 2017 10:40 pm

Too funny..I had a business that was bigger than a bball..but they cheated asking for extra elastics..the hotter got super excited when you gave her more
Apr 30, 2015
550 posts
345 upvotes
York, ON
They need to just remove the solvency payment test from crown corporations. It makes no sense to have it as the government is not going to go out of business.

It would neuter Deepak the accountant during negotiations as it seems to be his pet issue. He needs to go count beans somewhere else.
Oct 16, 2014
893 posts
552 upvotes
tarjet wrote:
May 19th, 2017 6:49 pm
They need to just remove the solvency payment test from crown corporations. It makes no sense to have it as the government is not going to go out of business.

It would neuter Deepak the accountant during negotiations as it seems to be his pet issue. He needs to go count beans somewhere else.
Agreed, this is always their #1 excuse for a need to change. Well that and the made up numbers "predicting billions in losses without drastic change". Numbers that apparently aren't based in any reality on this planet. There is only one thing that really needs to change, and that is management with the conservative party agenda.
Apr 20, 2013
202 posts
85 upvotes
mflower wrote:
May 18th, 2017 6:39 am
Funny, I was talking to my co-worker and then he started trying to make a ball, too!
And he said we can play with this but I thought 'Sure, as if we have that kind of time!' not only playing with it but even to make a ball!

Do you actually try to use the elastic bands out of the ball?Winking Face
It honestly never even occurred to me to try to re-use the elastics from the ball!

Take it apart? No time value in that. :)

I brought it home, gave it to my step daughter, she thought it was cool and played with it for a bit. There was a different kind of time value in that. :)
May 19, 2017
5 posts
I just received a call from CPC that I am hired as a on-call LC in a small city.
I would appreciate if anyone can answer my questions.

1. It hasn't been long since I got a full G license, how difficult is it to drive Canada Post vehicles? I see some are right hand drive... can't be easy to make left turns... I am very worried.

2. I read on earlier comments about applying transfer. As a temp LC, am I allowed to apply for a completely different job? Does it have to be within a same union?
Let's say what if I want to apply for a retail assistant? Is it possible?
Do I wait until the position comes up? or submit transfer sheet anyway?

Thank you in advance!
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel