Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Mar 14, 2015
211 posts
128 upvotes
Joepostman wrote:
Jul 29th, 2017 4:40 pm
Hey All,

Just got pt lc status. However I'm a little nervous about it. I have been a temp msc for the last year and a bit, I started out as an temp lc but transferred after 5 months. Is there anyway I could request to be put on a lc refresher course?

Thanks.
You could ask for a retraining session with one of the depot trainers.

However, many pt lc's do work that is similar to msc work. Dispatches, and pickups, mainly. The higher seniority work include earlier starting walking routes.
Jul 7, 2014
179 posts
94 upvotes
Burlington, ON
Legs take a solid month of walking. Shoulders and hands only get worse.
Best story is the person who would always answer the door in a robe...they would always accidentally show too much. Only on that route for a month , not sure if it happened to anyone else as I haven't been back that station.Good luck !
Postiegal wrote:
Jul 29th, 2017 11:29 pm
Hi everyone!

I've been hired as a temp and I'm super new. I've had a few jobs already. I'm wondering when does the soreness go away and when will I get speedier? Also, does anyone have any funny noobie moments they'd like to share?

Thank you :)
Oct 16, 2014
964 posts
583 upvotes
Toronto, On
Pjtipps wrote:
Jul 31st, 2017 8:40 pm
Legs take a solid month of walking. Shoulders and hands only get worse.
Best story is the person who would always answer the door in a robe...they would always accidentally show too much. Only on that route for a month , not sure if it happened to anyone else as I haven't been back that station.Good luck !
Yeah, so about that soreness..... I guess you can say about a month of regular shifts, excusing that fact that now my "soreness" is a screwed up knee, a bad hip, destroyed arches in my feet. I am guessing you are currently only worried about the short term soreness, so go with that month one.....lol
Sometimes the truth hurts. The other times it hurts worse....
Apr 12, 2011
448 posts
203 upvotes
downtown TO
Could anyone PM me a phone number for staffing in Toronto? I know someone who is transferring into Toronto, and I'm seeing if I can get a contact # for anyone that might be able to help them out, thanks!
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10362 posts
2064 upvotes
GTA
fishscale4sale wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 6:30 am
Could anyone PM me a phone number for staffing in Toronto? I know someone who is transferring into Toronto, and I'm seeing if I can get a contact # for anyone that might be able to help them out, thanks!
PM sent

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
15812 posts
564 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
Apparently this was spotted in Toronto! I wonder if CP will get something similar:

PC IS MASTER RACE! ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) VΛ 🆅🅰🅿🅴 🅽🅰🆃🅸🅾🅽 ┏( -_-)┛┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_- )┓ 𝑅𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉
Oct 16, 2014
964 posts
583 upvotes
Toronto, On
Yup, we are getting that bike thingy. It will only be in operation for the winter months. In the summer, you will have to go back to the tin cans with no air conditioning. You're welcome......
Sometimes the truth hurts. The other times it hurts worse....
Jan 16, 2017
154 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
33966 wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 7:24 pm
Apparently this was spotted in Toronto! I wonder if CP will get something similar:

Haha! Well my calves are OK after all the walking everyday, now I can work on my thighs with this when CPC gets thisFace With Stuck-out Tongue And Winking Eye
Dec 21, 2007
425 posts
127 upvotes
33966 wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 7:24 pm

At least you'd be able to park it in the bike lane...
Jul 31, 2017
1 posts
Montreal
Hey guys, new member here Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Been a temp with CPC since january. All the horror stories we heard in training about not getting called for months on end.. never happened!
I've missed two days of work since the day after training (finished the tests on a wednesday, dispatch called the next day), and that was only because of dentist appointments.

The odd thing is that I haven't gotten one single full-time LC shift yet. In 6 months, all I've ever gotten is PT routes of packages and pickups, with some 1/3 routes here and there (which were horrible).
In light of the horror stories about landing a permanent position, FT/PT, good/bad routes etc. I'm considering getting my class 3 or class 1 (D or A, for other Canucks) license and transferring to MSC.

Is this a good idea? Should I stick it out and bid on a perm PT route instead? I'm perfectly comfortable doing a PT LC route (basically MSC with a utilimaster), but tbh I'm a little too nervous to do a FT LC route, only because I've never done it.
Mar 11, 2016
63 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
A wiper up front, with open sides??? Like that would have helped you in yesterdays Toronto rain storm. :facepalm: At least you can park it in the bike lanes...lol.