Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Oct 13, 2008
11 posts
mississauga
How long have you been working? Do you have a permanent position ? Seems like CP only hires temp-permanent.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1072 posts
264 upvotes
Westside
cmedeiros wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 1:20 pm
How long have you been working? Do you have a permanent position ? Seems like CP only hires temp-permanent.
Almost a year and a half and I haven't wanted permanent. Everyone's situation is different. Others from my class became perm FT in less than a year. I don't see myself ever doing LC FT. It's extremely demanding and they don't pay me enough for what's expected. Dealt with my share of bs early on as a LC. I recently put in a request for PO4 so I'm just waiting on my transfer to the plant. All the best!
Oct 13, 2008
11 posts
mississauga
I applied for LC supervisor so I guess it’s totally different, the wait for FT etc.
Jun 20, 2016
34 posts
6 upvotes
I passed the physical yesterday and awaiting a call/offer. Do they send the offer by xpresspost still or just email.

Not sure if this has been posted but if you are re-applying then a passed physical is good for 6 months and the successful interview is good for 1 year.
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
15822 posts
574 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
Is there a vote or something soon? I heard a co-worker mention something but didn't get much info.
PC IS MASTER RACE! ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) VΛ 🆅🅰🅿🅴 🅽🅰🆃🅸🅾🅽 ┏( -_-)┛┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_- )┓ 𝑅𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10487 posts
2132 upvotes
GTA
Buddy of mine got called today to come for the interview and physical at Eastern on Thursday. Do they now do them at the same place?

I'm tried to persuade him not to apply :)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
15822 posts
574 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
For the voting thing are we voting yes or no? I dont think there was any discussion on here on which way y'all are voting
PC IS MASTER RACE! ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) VΛ 🆅🅰🅿🅴 🅽🅰🆃🅸🅾🅽 ┏( -_-)┛┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_- )┓ 𝑅𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉
Sep 6, 2015
65 posts
5 upvotes
York, ON
Hugh Jass wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 4:35 pm
Buddy of mine got called today to come for the interview and physical at Eastern on Thursday. Do they now do them at the same place?

I'm tried to persuade him not to apply :)

Not sure if the process has changed recently or what not, but during my time, the physical test was done at a CBI Health location.

As a friend, why would you persuade not to apply?
Sep 6, 2015
65 posts
5 upvotes
York, ON
l1nx2112 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 2:34 pm
I passed the physical yesterday and awaiting a call/offer. Do they send the offer by xpresspost still or just email.

Not sure if this has been posted but if you are re-applying then a passed physical is good for 6 months and the successful interview is good for 1 year.
I received neither of those. HR called me directly to come in to sign the offer papers.
Jun 20, 2016
34 posts
6 upvotes
Oh ok, thanks. Looking back through the thread it seems it's either an email or phone call now. I'm just anxious to hear back.
Apr 30, 2017
91 posts
56 upvotes
K24Slow wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 6:49 pm
Not sure if the process has changed recently or what not, but during my time, the physical test was done at a CBI Health location.

As a friend, why would you persuade not to apply?
-Toxic work environment
-Underpaid for what your expected to do
Oct 3, 2017
8 posts
2 upvotes
zimplizty wrote:
Oct 9th, 2017 9:44 pm
thanks so much!
i've got an answer now from my supervisor, he said there's no conflict working at Shopper's RPO as post office clerk, so i might as well go for it :) thanks again!
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
1013 posts
630 upvotes
igloo, yukon
33966 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 6:41 pm
For the voting thing are we voting yes or no? I dont think there was any discussion on here on which way y'all are voting
I am not voting at all. In all previous meetings I went to, the union doesn't care what the membership wants, only what the executive decides is in "union" goals. I have also learned the membership, despite speaking up in these meetings, still vote to accept whatever the union hands them, because they can't scratch two nickels together and can't afford to strike....
Sometimes the truth hurts. The other times it hurts worse....
Sep 6, 2015
65 posts
5 upvotes
York, ON
Shafted1 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 10:40 pm
-Toxic work environment
-Underpaid for what your expected to do
Well if he's employed elsewhere working in a better environment and higher salary then tell him to stick with that. But if he's unemployed then I'd say give him the opportunity to try it out.

Thread Information

There are currently 8 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 6 guests)

CanadaProud, digression