Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
13462 posts
4621 upvotes
GTA
Check your leave balances, they've taken off one-twelfth of your vacation and personal days for the strike.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2010
1613 posts
822 upvotes
toronto
small town of milton in the news again
earlier in the month...Daisy Mart on Bronte Road in Milton was going to have a tempory RPO for the christmas rush, but 1st day that it was supposed to operate, that night at 11pm thieves kicked in the backdoor and took customers canada post weed.....
PtsuckS wrote: CMBs left open in Milton ON

Another slow news day in the GTA....? :facepalm:
No advertising in avatars or sigs
Sep 27, 2015
96 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hugh Jass wrote: Check your leave balances, they've taken off one-twelfth of your vacation and personal days for the strike.
Yea, I called HR just now... I feel like they betrayed us, because either CP or union should have told us prior to the strike vote...

120 hours vacation -> 110 hours
56 hours personal days -> 51.4 hours
Oct 25, 2017
78 posts
70 upvotes
Flyhigh22 wrote: Yea, I called HR just now... I feel like they betrayed us, because either CP or union should have told us prior to the strike vote...

Why??
Banned
Jun 17, 2009
1765 posts
181 upvotes
onatrio
cant really finish in 5 hours as there is an rpo clearance which has to be scanned at 2.30...only problem about the Overtime is have to pick up son from school, so im screwed....
always wondered in the back of my mind , if I can take this to the labour board....no breaks or lunch.....was fine til they added the rpo at 2.30 on the shoppers drugmart demand...Canada post superintendent in our region just said there is time within my 480 minutes...sure there is...
timetotellthetruth wrote: You don't go without. Unfortunately the correct answer is to take your breaks and get paid o/t daily. I would only "skip breaks" when it means that you can get done in 5 hours, which on some routes is simply impossible...
curious with my situation..where is there time to take a break or lunch...
start at 7am-3pm
we always have late truck ..so we leave at 10 am..ok thats 3 hours
3 splits of 1.75 each..that equals 5 hours and 15 minutes
and than because shoppers wants an additional clearance pickup at 2.30 for there convenience...
just thinking where do i have time to have 2 breaks and lunch equalling 1 hour with out going into overtime daily
Sep 27, 2015
96 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto, ON
jonesyjones wrote: Why??
Because I haven't use any of my vacation and personal days, I would not vote if I knew the deduction.
Jul 6, 2017
653 posts
699 upvotes
Trying to get outsid…
Flyhigh22 wrote: Yea, I called HR just now... I feel like they betrayed us, because either CP or union should have told us prior to the strike vote...

How can they do this? What is the reason?
Sep 27, 2015
96 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto, ON
VanMailMan wrote: How can they do this? What is the reason?
Well, the HR lady told me it was because of the strike..
Apr 8, 2015
8 posts
11 upvotes
London, ON
because we were not working under any collective agreement for 5 weeks. so they deducted those 5 weeks of hours
Oct 19, 2017
72 posts
65 upvotes
Postieman wrote: because we were not working under any collective agreement for 5 weeks. so they deducted those 5 weeks of hours
CP must have a think tank group solely dedicated to come up with ways to screw us over. Hummmm...how do we stress out our employees even more...let's deduct even more $$$ than what was lost from their strike action. Union better put through a national grievance!
Oct 25, 2017
78 posts
70 upvotes
Koolob1 wrote: CP must have a think tank group solely dedicated to come up with ways to screw us over. Hummmm...how do we stress out our employees even more...let's deduct even more $$$ than what was lost from their strike action. Union better put through a national grievance!
Seriously.... i had already accumulated those hours before the strike and we weren't able to use them while on strike......so WTF?
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2010
1613 posts
822 upvotes
toronto
just dont get it...these losses,,recently was told, all supervisors recently got a $2500 Bonus...usually when there are losses within a company, all bonusus are imediately stopped,,,also when there is a big loss as canada post is indicating, usually there is a shakeup on the board, or CEO is replaced,,i dont hear about any of these happening
No advertising in avatars or sigs
Jul 7, 2014
348 posts
264 upvotes
Burlington, ON
Abbreviated letter as I feel her comments directly pertain to vacation entitlement and personal days.

Letter to all employees from Jessica McDonald about this difficult time at Canada Post

"Throughout this period, I want to reassure you that we made all decisions with our employees in mind"

"In our efforts to find the middle ground necessary to reach an agreement, we have made every effort to be fair to employees"

"I recognize there will be work to do to repair many relationships – with customers, with Canadians, with unions, and especially with employees"

"Finally, and most importantly, we are committed to always act with the best interest of our employees at heart, and ensure this guides our decisions."

Admittedly personal days are pro-rated however vacation days are not.

I guess this labour movement is really helping smooth things out. Future sure does look bright...
Jul 2, 2018
240 posts
123 upvotes
Meanwhile your delusional and unhinged CUPW top brass are asking for volunteers to help organize more disruptions and protests across the country, with 25+ listed so far for this coming weekend, according to their latest missive.
Mar 22, 2012
606 posts
334 upvotes
By the River
Hugh Jass wrote: Check your leave balances, they've taken off one-twelfth of your vacation and personal days for the strike.
That's dirty. Hopefully the union grieves that immediately. Just when I think we have a hope in hell to start getting a better employee-employer relationship, this happens. What are they thinking??
Deal Addict
May 22, 2015
3306 posts
3848 upvotes
Crazyhorse75 wrote: What are they thinking??
20 hours on average x 50,000 = 1 million hours.. that's a nice chunk of coin.
Mar 22, 2012
606 posts
334 upvotes
By the River
mikebc wrote: 20 hours on average x 50,000 = 1 million hours.. that's a nice chunk of coin.
Yes, but it immediately undoes everything they have been saying and furthers the toxic work environment.

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 2 guests)

RSMC1234, ohreally, Kresher