Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Dec 4, 2016
15 posts
7 upvotes
Shafted1 wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 10:33 pm
Only crappy part is your stuck on graveyards 3-8am which sucks
I don’t mind that shift at all. I absolutely hate day shift because of traffic. I’d take afternoon or graveyard over day shift
Dec 4, 2016
15 posts
7 upvotes
datacat wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 10:37 pm
Congrats! Good to know, I should be getting a call soon. Did you request PT/FT when you submitted the change of call lists or just after you started at ppc?
I gave my PT/FT request the day my training for ppc started
Dec 4, 2005
178 posts
59 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Does anyone know what time the Day Shift begins and ends at the Pacific Processing Centre in Richmond, BC (Christmas season temporary postal clerk)? Thanks.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1196 posts
317 upvotes
Westside
donnatella wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 4:42 am
Does anyone know what time the Day Shift begins and ends at the Pacific Processing Centre in Richmond, BC (Christmas season temporary postal clerk)? Thanks.
Don't quote me on this but isn't it 11AM-4PM?
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
11578 posts
2982 upvotes
GTA
CompulsiveShopper wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 8:31 pm
Hi people, I have been lurking here for a while and I would like to thank you all for all the information above. I have recently started working as a Temp at the Oshawa depot and I just want to know if anyone has any experience and/or tips for this location. Should I apply to another area to try and get full time? I hear it is hard otherwise. I was not aware this location was almost all foot routes. I don't really have a problem with that though. I also heard that next year this location will go through "postal transformation" as it kind of got left behind the last few years and it will get a new location as well and have more motorized routes.

Thanks
Not sure how long other places are taking, but last I heard, Toronto is taking 10/11 months to get full time. Most people are going straight to full time.

Welcome to the thread, which over the years has become a great source of information.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Apr 30, 2015
850 posts
643 upvotes
York, ON
They're expanding the night routers program to wicksteed and north fraser. Gonna be a shitshow.
Jul 8, 2017
90 posts
111 upvotes
tarjet wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 5:14 pm
They're expanding the night routers program to wicksteed and north fraser. Gonna be a shitshow.
How exactly is this going to work for a person doing Wave 2 walks? Or are they tying everything out for you as you get to the depot in the morning?

This is the stupidest idea, as the sorter isn't even walking the routes and just sorting it based off the header which is the SLOWEST way to do most routes.

and to add; They're going to be hiring people just to sort routes? seems like a dream job, hope they'll collate our flyers too while they're at it.
Apr 30, 2015
850 posts
643 upvotes
York, ON
Everyone will be wave 2 im guessing. 10 - 11 am start times. All mail ready to go when you come in. 8 hours of straight delivery.. until 7pm. Great job huh?
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
11578 posts
2982 upvotes
GTA
YoungPostiefrom92 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 5:27 pm

and to add; They're going to be hiring people just to sort routes? seems like a dream job, hope they'll collate our flyers too while they're at it.
I'd say they'll be taking bids for that.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
1690 posts
1247 upvotes
at the chiropractors
Hugh Jass wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 5:36 pm
I'd say they'll be taking bids for that.
I'll probably bid on it if it happens at my depot. Nobody is going to last having to deliver for 8 hours on the street. Hopefully, 80% of the carriers in these "test" depots will be on wcb (not wishing it on my fellows though), and the company realizes it was a mistake, and reverses the decision before it gets any further....
Sometimes the truth hurts. The other times it hurts worse....
Aug 12, 2017
171 posts
56 upvotes
timetotellthetruth wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 8:23 pm
I'll probably bid on it if it happens at my depot. Nobody is going to last having to deliver for 8 hours on the street. Hopefully, 80% of the carriers in these "test" depots will be on wcb (not wishing it on my fellows though), and the company realizes it was a mistake, and reverses the decision before it gets any further....
makes you wonder if it is just a bone to throw back in contract talks?
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
11578 posts
2982 upvotes
GTA
I've done routes that are 5 hours walking no matter how fast you are and boy did my feet/legs hurt that night at home.

So they want to make those routes an hour or more longer???? People will be dropping dead.

Maybe their plan is to make the routes nearly impossible, so morale becomes even lower coz we dont spend time together on the floor. It'll be impossible to keep new recruits, so then there'll be a shortage of workers. Then there'll be forcebacks on top of these mega long ass routes. So, to ease the physical strain on LCs, they very kindly offer up CMBs as a solution. We'd probably jump on the idea.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Feb 24, 2013
2 posts
Mississauga
SinM361482 wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2017 12:25 pm
Thanks Boaz76 it has been 7 business days since i have done the fingerprints and assessment ( jan 25th in Ottawa ) im thinking of emailing hr to follow up what do you think ? and do you know what "on call" hours are like is work consistent or your literally waiting by the phone for a call

Thank you!!
hi
I had done my assessemnt and finger print on tuesday(31th oct 2017)Once they have done the finger print means they hired me?How long i have to wait for the result?Did they hire you?My position is Rural and suburban mail carrier)Can u pls reply if u have time?
Feb 24, 2015
16 posts
3 upvotes
Courtice, ON
I start training Wednesday in Bowmanville. I can't help but worry about the whole on call part. Have you been working everyday in Oshawa? What has your experience so far been?
Mar 14, 2015
268 posts
169 upvotes
tarjet wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 5:14 pm
Do you mean the Wicksteed LCD in Toronto??

Thread Information

There are currently 15 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 15 guests)