Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

May 2, 2012
766 posts
385 upvotes
STONEY CREEK
stalbert1 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 4:32 pm
I Agree and pushing banking is also a joke! I wouldn't trust CUPW and Canada Post with my banking ever. Both sides are to be nice - unreliable and not at all trustworthy.
I would argue that they’re handling the investments of our pension quite well.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1159 posts
305 upvotes
Westside
Damncroissants wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 1:38 pm
What are the po5 shifts like? Are they 12 hour shifts?
I'm also interested to know more details about PO5. Thanks in advance!
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
4507 posts
1200 upvotes
Winnipeg
pike18 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 6:13 pm
It’s not a bargaining tool, it’s the law. The Human Rights Act to be more specific.

Our jobs are more than comparable and the gender disparity meets the 55% threshold.

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regu ... 1.html#h-8

This is why regardless of our decision to ratify our current agreement that the Pay Equity case was going to proceed.
It shouldn't be part of the negots..file a human rights complaint then...job is comparable but has nothing to do with male or female.
Just wait when the RSMC's merge into the urban seniority list.
May 2, 2012
766 posts
385 upvotes
STONEY CREEK
airmail wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 6:54 pm
It shouldn't be part of the negots..file a human rights complaint then...job is comparable but has nothing to do with male or female.
Just wait when the RSMC's merge into the urban seniority list.
It’s not part of negotiations. CUPW raised the issue and the corporation agreed to go through the process regardless of what we did or did not agree to.

According to the Human Rights Act, it does have to do with gender. The Urban group is comprised of more than 55% males while the RSMC group is more than 55% females, that’s the test stated in the Act for an employer with more than 500 employees.

This isn’t about combing groups, it’s about equal pay for equal work. I don’t know why you’re worried about combing lists.
Apr 30, 2017
110 posts
98 upvotes
datacat wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 6:50 pm

I'm also interested to know more details about PO5. Thanks in advance!
Damncroissants wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 1:38 pm
What are the po5 shifts like? Are they 12 hour shifts?
8 hour shifts with lots of OT, requires you to have over 8 years of seniority to become a PO5 though.
Nov 2, 2017
1 posts
Not sure if you will see this... but you should call the person who told you to go for the ppfa
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1159 posts
305 upvotes
Westside
Shafted1 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 9:10 pm
8 hour shifts with lots of OT, requires you to have over 8 years of seniority to become a PO5 though.
I didn't realize it was that high of seniority. I don't think it takes that long here in Van but thanks for the info. Cheers!
Apr 7, 2013
754 posts
381 upvotes
LONDON
pike18 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 8:01 pm
It’s not part of negotiations. CUPW raised the issue and the corporation agreed to go through the process regardless of what we did or did not agree to.

According to the Human Rights Act, it does have to do with gender. The Urban group is comprised of more than 55% males while the RSMC group is more than 55% females, that’s the test stated in the Act for an employer with more than 500 employees.

This isn’t about combing groups, it’s about equal pay for equal work. I don’t know why you’re worried about combing lists.
What a load of crap..CUPW sure has you fooled. The pay should be equal - but nothing to do with the male/female ratio - its the same damn job!
Oct 6, 2017
38 posts
8 upvotes
Guys, I got a call from eclipse on Friday while I was already at work and I accepted it. It is for Sunday shift.

However I called eclipse back right now to confirm I'm on for tomorrow, entered my employee number, and it told me I'm "not in any current sequence for called employees, please wait for a call "

What does this mean? If I called eclipse back, does it not tell you what work you have currently accepted?

Edit: never mind. You can figure it out. Go to the employee self serve > personal information > cupw temporary employee > work opportunity history. It will show what you accepted
May 2, 2012
766 posts
385 upvotes
STONEY CREEK
stalbert1 wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 3:46 pm
What a load of crap..CUPW sure has you fooled. The pay should be equal - but nothing to do with the male/female ratio - its the same damn job!
This isn’t CUPW, or my own spin on this. It’s the law. Did you even read the legislation?
Apr 30, 2017
110 posts
98 upvotes
This whole gender equality issue CUPW is trying to push is a **** joke and waste of time. Its not like CP is intentionally hiring only males in the urban unit and females in the rural unit.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
4507 posts
1200 upvotes
Winnipeg
Shafted1 wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 3:36 am
This whole gender equality issue CUPW is trying to push is a **** joke and waste of time. Its not like CP is intentionally hiring only males in the urban unit and females in the rural unit.
Next will be race equality with the union..there is not enough female Chinese workers.
While urban gets farther and farther behind and ups / purolator drivers will be making almost 10 dollars more an hour by 2020. And let's not forget reducing flyer payments and increase sizes.
Apr 7, 2013
754 posts
381 upvotes
LONDON
airmail wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 4:53 am
Next will be race equality with the union..there is not enough female Chinese workers.
While urban gets farther and farther behind and ups / purolator drivers will be making almost 10 dollars more an hour by 2020. And let's not forget reducing flyer payments and increase sizes.
Yes, we get the shaft while CUPW pushing it's phony agenda on us. And Banking? with these crooks? No chance! Need a new union for letter carriers!
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
11023 posts
2457 upvotes
GTA
airmail wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 4:53 am

Don't forget about the night routers bs that'll have us outside 7hrs....
stalbert1 wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 7:32 am
Need a new union for letter carriers!
Agreed but wont happen.

Not fair when non-LCs get to vote on issues like longer delivery times, bigger HH for less money etc.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Apr 7, 2013
754 posts
381 upvotes
LONDON
Hugh Jass wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 7:37 am
Don't forget about the night routers bs that'll have us outside 7hrs....

Agreed but wont happen.

Not fair when non-LCs get to vote on issues like longer delivery times, bigger HH for less money etc.
Yes its a farce that our futures are decided by a corrupt union and inside workers. The wage scale will not be rectified until they pay according to job difficulty. Inside workers should be paid $19 per hour, letter carriers $30 per hour. All contract issues for LCs should be voted on by us - not inside people!! Heavier flyers, less money? Who thought that was a fair idea for carriers? Certainly not usSmiling Face With Horns

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

Progatron